Romanian's are here!

Lucy:

Rob K:
the A19 is hardly the M20/25 where one would expect to see them in the biggest concentration.

You get a good few shipping in and out of Teesport. Likely you were travelling around about the time a ferry had either just come in or was due. Just a possibility, mind… I don’t know where on the A19 you were, after all.

Near Peterlee, hence the car parts connection. :open_mouth:

There you go, then. Teesport.

i’ve seen more romanian registered trucks lately than GB.
but i was in romania. :laughing:

mickyblue:
are they the reason why the transport industry is going down the pan?

It would be wrong to give any other nation the credit for something we did all on our own.

waddy640:

mickyblue:

It would be wrong to give any other nation the credit for something we did all on our own.

‘we’ havn’t done anything. Business decides who its using based on costs. Nothing to do with ‘we’, ‘us’ or anything like that. Years ago, remember the buy British campaigns? And the heavy taxes upon imports? The only import taxes that have gone up now is booze and ■■■■ !!!

Mike-C:

waddy640:

mickyblue:

‘we’ havn’t done anything. Business decides who its using based on costs. Nothing to do with ‘we’, ‘us’ or anything like that. Years ago, remember the buy British campaigns? And the heavy taxes upon imports? The only import taxes that have gone up now is booze and ■■■■ !!!

Quite. Buy British.

Except nobody wanted an Alba TV. An Austin Allegro or an Albion

On A19 last night and this morning, saw 7 Romanian registered tractor units pulling NYK car parts trailers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . And then saw 2 Norbert tractor units on Romanian plates too. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That is all.

errrr :stuck_out_tongue:

theres more RO trucks in GB than there is in Romania :stuck_out_tongue: you don’t get about much do ya ?

They’ve been here for ages Rob, we have 5 or 6 parked in our car park each night waiting for trailers.

One night last week I saw a couple of Romanian units pulling Polish registered trailers heading south on the M6. I also saw one pulling a Hungarian trailer who came flying past me just before the closure at J15. I saw him again pulled over at on the A34 looking at his map obviously confused by the diversion, I tried to help him by getting him to follow me back to the M6 at J14 but I think he thought I was going to hi-jack him and didn’t follow me, so I left him to it.

Can’t say I’ve noticed too many myself. Plenty Bulgarians, Turks, Poles, etc though.

Does anyone else play spot the British reg wagon when on the M25 :unamused: :open_mouth:

Romanian and polish trucks I only see round here if I come outside,Only a few GB trucks passing :confused:

pavaroti:
Does anyone else play spot the British reg wagon when on the M25 :unamused: :open_mouth:

I can see them easy, they usually have Tescos/Sainsburys/Asda or Waitrose on them !!! :smiley:

I saw a rhd ex tesco axor on rumo plates pulling a uk hauliers trailer on the a2 the other day

Rob K:
On A19 last night and this morning, saw 7 Romanian registered tractor units pulling NYK car parts trailers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . And then saw 2 Norbert tractor units on Romanian plates too. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That is all.

Keep your eyes open you will see a lot of Hungarian and Romanian units pulling Transalliance trailers too

Like this morning 2 polish trucks was pulling GB truck units,See them very often here :laughing:

Yes Norbert Dentressangle got lots of Romanian trucks fleet now after buy Transcondor SA (Romanian haulage company) on last 2006

Also Norbert got plenty of Polish trucks fleet but at moment I notice that Norbert gonna more recruits Romanian than Polish due cheaper cost!

Also NYK Logistics got lots of Czech with scania topline & megaliners (YUSEN NYK Logisitcs - Czech group)

If you get put in the holding area at cobblefret purfleet it full of BG plates waiting for cobblefret trailers
its spot the english man :angry: :angry:

Mike-C:

pavaroti:

I can see them easy, they usually have Tescos/Sainsburys/Asda or Waitrose on them !!! :smiley:

All doing 45mph :angry:

Just out of curiosity how experienced are these drivers and how can they prove their history. The reason I ask is if their history is not checkable they have an unfair advantage over newer UK HGV drivers like myself who have to ring all the bells and whistles.

Redrorry:
Just out of curiosity how experienced are these drivers and how can they prove their history. The reason I ask is if their history is not checkable they have an unfair advantage over newer UK HGV drivers like myself who have to ring all the bells and whistles.

UK drivers don’t have their history checked when they drive over to the mainland. The thread is about Romanian drivers in Romanian registered units.