Romanian's are here!

Redrorry:
Just out of curiosity how experienced are these drivers and how can they prove their history. The reason I ask is if their history is not checkable they have an unfair advantage over newer UK HGV drivers like myself who have to ring all the bells and whistles.

I think if you go into these “Blue Chip” companies and offer to work for £300 per month they may overlook your inexperience :unamused:

Redrorry:
Just out of curiosity how experienced are these drivers and how can they prove their history. The reason I ask is if their history is not checkable they have an unfair advantage over newer UK HGV drivers like myself who have to ring all the bells and whistles.

Thats the whole point of letting them into the eu!So that there’s always some one daft enough to do it cheaper!Don’t forget,this country is run for ‘capital’,not its ‘citizens’,So we can pay for the pleasure of undercutting our own company’s and workers.

Rob K - sorry but did you just wake up ?
Really you did not noticed them before :unamused:
That must to have something with the amount of popcorn you eat :smiley:

MisterStrood:
Rob K - sorry but did you just wake up ?
Really you did not noticed them before :unamused:
That must to have something with the amount of popcorn you eat :smiley:

Sure there have always been RO reg’d trucks knocking about, but I was just surprised by the amount seen over a relatively short period, especially as the A19 is hardly the M20/25 where one would expect to see them in the biggest concentration. Anyway seems to be a non-event so I’ll retire back to my corner.

we have a Ukranian training camp in the next village, loads of new drivers waiting there

Rob K:
the A19 is hardly the M20/25 where one would expect to see them in the biggest concentration.

You get a good few shipping in and out of Teesport. Likely you were travelling around about the time a ferry had either just come in or was due. Just a possibility, mind… I don’t know where on the A19 you were, after all.

are they the reason why the transport industry is going down the pan?

mickyblue:

No they are just chasing dollar.

No different to Brits driving for Dutch or Spanish companies.

Can you remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet?

mickyblue:

Yes of course :open_mouth: It was the picture of health before hand. Everyone ran perfectly legal, no fuses, wires, overloading, no untaxed motors or red diesel. Nobody ever got injured or killed and no one ever undercut anyone else or went bust. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cv68:
If you get put in the holding area at cobblefret purfleet it full of BG plates waiting for cobblefret trailers
its spot the english man :angry: :angry:

It apears BG’s are most common followed by NL’s and PL’s.

There are some proper fit Rumo birds though, although they’re very hairy :blush:

newmercman:
There are some proper fit Rumo birds though, although they’re very hairy :blush:

Just Immac the ■■■■■■ from the clam! :wink:

bigvern1:

newmercman:

Just Immac the ■■■■■■ from the clam! :wink:

billybigrig:

mickyblue:

Yes of course :open_mouth: It was the picture of health before hand. Everyone ran perfectly legal, no fuses, wires, overloading, no untaxed motors or red diesel. Nobody ever got injured or killed and no one ever undercut anyone else or went bust. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

mickyblue:

not to mention the amount of times an agent would walk in to Tilly´s in Valencia and offer a load back to the UK for 2000 quid, by the time they had finished squabbling among themselves there was always someone who took it back to the UK for 1000 quid a perfect example of Brits undercutting themselves