Rob K's rant of the week : Rover drivers

Why is it that it’s always a Rover that’s holding you up wherever you go, be it on a motorway doing 54mph or a national limit back road doing 35mph?

Next time you’re on the motorway or suddenly finding yourself having to halve your speed, look to see what car it is - 9 times out of 10 it will be a Rover.

Why do they all drive soooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwww ■■?

:angry:

the rover is the new volvo 240dl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
also have you noticed that it is usually a 600 or 75.
i think rover install speedlimiters in them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
chris

:smiley: Grandads fave mobil. :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
Why is it that it’s always a Rover that’s holding you up wherever you go, be it on a motorway doing 54mph or a national limit back road doing 35mph?

Next time you’re on the motorway or suddenly finding yourself having to halve your speed, look to see what car it is - 9 times out of 10 it will be a Rover.

In that case

Whay is it always a BMW that cuts you up? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Discopete:

Rob K:

In that case

Whay is it always a BMW that cuts you up? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I don’t have problems with BMW drivers :bulb: . Just Rover drivers :unamused: .

Dunno what make it was but got stuck behind one of those electric invalid things. 8mph! he was driving it on the road alongside a pavement and I couldn’t get passed him. Didn’t want to get too close in case I gave the old git a heart attack was fairly close though. I

Hey dont Tar ALL Rover drivers with the same brush…

Ive got a top of the range 75 with all the dogs do darhs and believe me MINE dont hang around :smiling_imp: …like any car IT’S the driver NOT the car.

Paul

Paul:
.like any car IT’S the driver NOT the car.

Paul

I completley disagree there , my rover has a top speed of 80 mph and drinks diesel like its going out of fashion at 70mph so i stick to about 50-60mph on the faster roads, in town it can easily cope with urban speeds.
My rover is a LANDrover though :wink:

Must agree with Paul here Rob, mines a 420gsi, and if not doing the sppeed limit, (or above) somthing is holding me up, its not the car its the driver behind the wheel.

I have to disagree further, because you see old gits dawdling along in them, mums with kids, business type blokes and youngish lads too :open_mouth: so it’s definitely something about the car not the driver.

Thank God that they’ve gone under; another decade and the roads will be ROVER FREE yay :laughing: .

they drive them slow because the warranty’s worth {zb] when they blow it up doing 60 mph :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

jon

I tell you! Life ends at 30mph! Bring back the horse drawn zeppelin!!!
Maj Gen Grytpipe-Thyn

(Aka the Goon show :stuck_out_tongue: )

Its even worse when they get a Metro!!! but hopefully soon there wont be any left as they will all have fallen apart or rusted away.

or montego, maestro :imp: :imp:
the best rover ever built were the old sd1’s with the 3.5 v8 man did they go. must have been good for the sweeny to have them.
then there is the original mini cooper, much better than the new offering wannabe :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
as for the rest dig a very deep hole and shove em all in :laughing: :laughing:
chris

caveman:
:
the best rover ever built

I dont think they ever built a good one except the Mini but being 6’6" i never really got to enjoy it much.

Rob K:
Why is it that it’s always a Rover that’s holding you up wherever you go,

Rob K:

Because they’ve got to look after them now, what with no more spare parts, no more dealers, no more Rovers!! :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
, my rover has a top speed of 80 mph and drinks diesel like its going out of fashion at 70mph so i stick to about 50-60mph on the faster roads, in town it can easily cope with urban speeds.

I once phoned the AA coz my rover would only get up to 95, the AA says whats wrong with that, so I explained to them I lived in 117 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok I’ll put my coat on now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Happy Chappie:

paul@midway:
, my rover has a top speed of 80 mph and drinks diesel like its going out of fashion at 70mph so i stick to about 50-60mph on the faster roads, in town it can easily cope with urban speeds.

I once phoned the AA coz my rover would only get up to 95, the AA says whats wrong with that, so I explained to them I lived in 117 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok I’ll put my coat on now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:question:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nope. Don’t get it. :confused:

Happy Chappie:

I liked it :slight_smile: :blush:

Now Now Rob, Perfectly maintained, driven by a driver, honda engine fitted, I may be one of a few, but bear in mind I do not run bent either, nowt up with the car, no attitude, BUT CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: as said eleswhere BX