Roadside camera vans

camera vans you know the ones i mean sat in the laybys and on top of the bridges

are they purely for catching you speeding or can they get you for not wearing seatbelts aswell

went past one on the a90 other day and camera seamed to be pointing upwards towards the truck screen

wigan:
camera vans you know the ones i mean sat in the laybys and on top of the bridges

are they purely for catching you speeding or can they get you for not wearing seatbelts aswell

went past one on the a90 other day and camera seamed to be pointing upwards towards the truck screen

They can do you for anything if caught on camera - mobile phones, seatbelts, etc etc etc

i got photographed by one in manchester on the a62 Oldham road. I wasn’t speeding but got a letter with a photo of me without a seatbelt on. I replied saying the truck didn’t have seatbelts fitted and never heard another thing. Another driver had rolled the truck when I was on holiday on the a50 coming off from the a516 (Derby). It did have seatbelts but the truck was written off but how were they to know !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

when I was on holiday on the a50 coming off from the a516 (Derby). <<

Strange place to go for a holiday!

They have hundereds of photos of me giving them a selection of various finger gestures, it should be against your human rights to be ogled at by an arse hole through a spy hole when you are doing your job.

mikeshe:

when I was on holiday on the a50 coming off from the a516 (Derby). <<

Strange place to go for a holiday!

This year I’m hoping to go to the a59 / a1 :laughing:

Ah, that’s better :smiley: :grimacing:

My favourite was the ancient yellow & rust-coloured Sherpa van belonging to North Wales Police. It used to be parked on the grass verge of the A55 with a speed camera sticking out of a rear door where the window used to be. One of the senior police officers at that time was well known for his hatred of lorry drivers and would even go out with the patrols on his days off.

One off our drivers was caught by one for no seat belt so they def get you,they’ll do you for drinking and eating as well so put your yorkies down when you see them!

Retired Old ■■■■:
My favourite was the ancient yellow & rust-coloured Sherpa van belonging to North Wales Police. It used to be parked on the grass verge of the A55 with a speed camera sticking out of a rear door where the window used to be. One of the senior police officers at that time was well known for his hatred of lorry drivers and would even go out with the patrols on his days off.

i remember the one they had on the a75 up scotch when i used do irish work , same thing rusty old van with camera sticking out the back window every irish driver and his dog new about it lol

I used to work at West Mercia CPS on the admin side.

A file came in one day where a bloke decided to take both hands off the steering wheel and stick his fingers up at the van as he got caught speeding.

This was caught by the camera and they not only did him for speeding but for driving without due care and attention.

Anybody remember the horse-box trailer used by the North Wales police, it was featured in the red tops ?

Leaving Hereford on the Northbound A49 a van was facing towards the city near the leisure centre, sneaky or what, anyway stopped and got out and asked the fella in side if HGVs were targeted on the A49 ? He said every road traffic offence if recorded will be investigated.

My missus was with me at the time and as I walked back to the van there was a silver BMW parked opposite, the passenger asked if there was a problem ? It was only an unmarked police car, went over reassured the plod I was just asking a polite question, he replied, “I was just making sure you were not going to drag him out and smack him, we had a problem last week !”

Recently a haulier came into our place and said he got nabbed for 43mph in the Whitchuch area, again the A49.

Used to pass them all the time not wearing a seatbelt and never got caught till the day the company changed our polo shirts from navy blue to light grey.

Will_161:

A file came in one day where a bloke decided to take both hands off the steering wheel and stick his fingers up at the van as he got caught speeding.

This was caught by the camera and they not only did him for speeding but for driving without due care and attention.

And this is why we the general public are loosing confidence in the once great British Justice system!

I like parking behind them. They get awfully annoyed.

How do they sleep at night ? i was once friends with a chap i went to school with, he started out as a beat bobby…progressed to CID then moved up to inspector…he was a great bloke they changed his attitude to eveything even his mates into a first class ■■■■■■■■, even his wife left him ! because he was more interested in his job, you have to be a certain type or breed to be a copper, :confused:

limeyphil:
I like parking behind them. They get awfully annoyed.

Ive heard of lads who know exactly where they park ,(on the path) above M/Way bridge’s , leave them nails hammerd through ply covered over with mud.

Norfolknewbie:

Will_161:

And this is why we the general public are loosing confidence in the once great British Justice system!

Should’ve seen the attitude of some of the lawyers in the office!!

Some needed a good smack in the mouth

I didn’t fit in too well there, especially when they used to shout their mouth off wanting you to bend over backwards to do their work. I used to tell them to ■■■■ off :smiling_imp:

Will_161:

If I had a pound…

I once had a pound!