Road Works

Hello all.

Can some one tell me about the average speed cams?

I see so many people just blasting by and do they get done or not?

Also can then average cam get you in the dark or not?

Cheers

Peter

we run through the 15 mile stretch of roadworks on the m1 at nottingham flatout at 56mph wen possible, ive never heard of anyone getting done for speeding yet :sunglasses:

lgamston:
we run through the 15 mile stretch of roadworks on the m1 at nottingham flatout at 56mph wen possible, ive never heard of anyone getting done for speeding yet :sunglasses:

don’t count chickens b4 they hatch.

if u want to c if they work then do wot is said above then let us know. :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve just been having a cuppa in the cameraroom that covers the roadworks on the M1 J34 to J36 and the TCSO told me that the ones in that section weren’t even wired up! just for show is what he said.

Apparently switching lanes throws it all to ■■■■!! If each lane has its own camera …

49er:
Apparently switching lanes throws it all to ■■■■!! If each lane has its own camera …

Dont believe it they can be wired to cross match

Trouble is, who is going to test it to find out ? :smiling_imp: Or find out the hard way ? :laughing:

i have heard if you bend your number plate down at 45 degrees the camera cant see it… allegedly

jessicas dad:
i have heard if you bend your number plate down at 45 degrees the camera cant see it… allegedly

:laughing: :unamused:

lgamston:

I go flat out through the M25 ones, but then its usually 01:30/02:00 when I go through :wink:

So come on boys, who is going the be the 1st one to let us all know lol.

I was coming down from Workington last night on the M6 and the amount of trucks and cars that blasted past me made me think do that do they know somthing I dont?

It would be good if we could clear this up, however I think that it is 50mh is good for the saftey of the road work lad well that when they atre working,

Peter

From what I understand the SPECS camera’s cant ordinarily differentiate between a car and a truck unless modifications are made to the software which costs time and money so I imagine is not a really a viable option as the camera are their to catch the roaring Rogers tanking down the road at 900mph through the road works. So the cameras are set at say 74(■■) mph average for a car.

So camera see’s you in a truck and treats you exactly how it measures a car so you could in theory stay on the limiter and you would never breach the average speed threshold.

The SPECS on the A14 between Huntington and Cambridge, I’ve gone through on the limiter (65 mph) and never had any problems and trucks have still passed me.

Like others have said some SPECS at roadworks are not always wired up, but the motorist doesnt know that and they dont fancy taking the chance they are not either :exclamation: :exclamation:

Anybody know how much SPECS cost to install againt the standard GATSO camera’s :question:

I will not be held responsible though if you read this and subsequently get a speeding fine from the SPECS

Cruise Control:
I’ve gone through on the limiter (65 mph) and never had any problems and trucks have still passed me.

Is that a misprint or a flyer of a wagon? :laughing:

After being constantly overtaken on the A14 ones, I started to go through at 56mph and never had anything come through. but as you say, if they can’t spot the difference between car and a wagon…

As for the 40 and 50 roadwork camera’s, I always just set the cruise at the alloted speed. you usually catch up with a car doing 35 anyway, and that brings your average down

Peter Wells:

I was coming down from Workington last night on the M6 and the amount of trucks and cars that blasted past me made me think do that do they know somthing I dont?

It would be good if we could clear this up, however I think that it is 50mh is good for the saftey of the road work lad well that when they atre working,

Peter

Look at the infrared lights either side of the camera, they glow a very low light, these cameras are switched on and ticketing. :wink:

Peter Wells:
Also can then average cam get you in the dark or not?

look closely next time you pass 1, and you`ll notice Infrared lamps that give them limited night vision

lgamston:

So for every ticket you & all your mates get (for pushing the margins) between now and the TN xmas do, you can buy everyone there a round of drinks for each ticket recieved. Anyone wanna bet its gonna be expensive for him?
I bet you also 1 of those who drives down the narrow 6`6" lane through road works at 56 too :unamused:

the maoster:
I’ve just been having a cuppa in the cameraroom that covers the roadworks on the M1 J34 to J36 and the TCSO told me that the ones in that section weren’t even wired up! just for show is what he said.

Your probably correct, especially if the work carried out is such that the work on any small stretch is completed in a short space of time, and rolls onto the next section. So the cameras are moved every week or so. The work involved in actually getting the cableing infrastructure in place could add several day to a job. Whereas just planting a few non working cameras will give a similar effect in speed reduction

49er:

That used to be the case, however that was down to a software glitch. One that has been modified several years ago. Which is why they don`t need 1 camera for each lane of the road works, just 1 or 2 cameras can now cover the traffic flow in each direction.
Put it to the test and should you get a ticket, you too can buy the drinks at the TN do :smiley:

DAFMAD:
Trouble is, who is going to test it to find out ? :smiling_imp: Or find out the hard way ? :laughing:

Not me, I get paid be the hour. 77/78 kph all the way through

The Highway Man:

Peter Wells:

Peter

Look at the infrared lights either side of the camera, they glow a very low light, these cameras are switched on and ticketing. :wink:

I have often wondered that about the red lights on the cameras in the tunnels in Stoke :bulb:

They use infrared light to take a photo at night thats what the red glow is, but they also have to have a full colour photo at the last set of scameras and you will notice they usually have some blinding ■■■■■■■ spotlights shining down onto the road just before the scamera.
wmsafetycameras.co.uk/camera … ie=Digital

Rob K:

jessicas dad:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Hello rob! Long time no post.

JB:

Rob K:

jessicas dad:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Hello rob! Long time no post.

:stuck_out_tongue: I was here the other week retrieving scanny77 from his high horse again, you must have missed it.

My mum got a ticket through the door once for doing 64mph between the cameras on the M3 J2 - J3 about 8 months ago…Only problem was the van was never at her address and it was registered to a Bob somebody. I do love some of the myths though, like changing lanes and stuff…I’m only 22 and not even I’m that naive.