Road Works

Adam_Mc:
it was registered to a Bob somebody.

Think you’ll find his surname was “Thebuilder”, or maybe his cousin “Ajob”.

the maoster:

Adam_Mc:
it was registered to a Bob somebody.

the ‘somebody’ wasn’t capatilized to indicate another name should replace that word…I remember Bob because I laughed,but I can’t remember the reg. It was for an old ford ■■■■■■ van though.

Wheel Nut:

The Highway Man:

Peter Wells:
So come on boys, who is going the be the 1st one to let us all know lol.

I was coming down from Workington last night on the M6 and the amount of trucks and cars that blasted past me made me think do that do they know somthing I dont?

It would be good if we could clear this up, however I think that it is 50mh is good for the saftey of the road work lad well that when they atre working,

Peter

Look at the infrared lights either side of the camera, they glow a very low light, these cameras are switched on and ticketing. :wink:

I have often wondered that about the red lights on the cameras in the tunnels in Stoke :bulb:

The red lights in the Mere tunnel are not speed cameras.
They are used to measure any build up of smoke/exhaust gases.

If you look closely, you will see tubes mounted on the wall of the tunnel, the light (laser) emits from one tube and shines into another tube.
Any smoke/exhaust fumes would interfere with the reflection of the laser and trigger an alarm.

Rob K:

jessicas dad:
i have heard if you bend your number plate down at 45 degrees the camera cant see it… allegedly

:laughing: :unamused:

:grimacing: :laughing:

redboxer850:

Wheel Nut:

The Highway Man:

Peter Wells:
So come on boys, who is going the be the 1st one to let us all know lol.

I was coming down from Workington last night on the M6 and the amount of trucks and cars that blasted past me made me think do that do they know somthing I dont?

It would be good if we could clear this up, however I think that it is 50mh is good for the saftey of the road work lad well that when they atre working,

Peter

Look at the infrared lights either side of the camera, they glow a very low light, these cameras are switched on and ticketing. :wink:

I have often wondered that about the red lights on the cameras in the tunnels in Stoke :bulb:

The red lights in the Mere tunnel are not speed cameras.
They are used to measure any build up of smoke/exhaust gases.

If you look closely, you will see tubes mounted on the wall of the tunnel, the light (laser) emits from one tube and shines into another tube.
Any smoke/exhaust fumes would interfere with the reflection of the laser and trigger an alarm.

Cheers for that. I know they use that type on the M25 and various other motorways to measure fog or mist

I used to wonder why trucks would fly by when I was doing 50, so I checked my speedo against my satnav and it seems my speedo overreads by about 3/4mph so I adjusted my speed accordinly and set the cruise so I run as close to 50 without going over, fun watching the cars speed up as you pass because they don’t want to be overtaken, then they realise they’re going too fast and slow right down to 30 to compensate, while I carry on by :smiley: