road tax rates

i,ve just checked what band my truck is in for renewing the road tax, well i already knew but i just like to double check and on the tax band table i ,ve noticed “combined transport class 23” anyone know what this is as it seems a lot cheaper than evrything else ?

You have a PM. :wink:

That one got me wondering too

Does what it say’s on the tin!

As long as you undertake “some” intermodal work you qualify.

(According to the staff at Ipswich DVLA office.)

i know i probably know the answer to this but…just remind me what intermodal work consists of :blush:

chaversdad:
i know i probably know the answer to this but…just remind me what intermodal work consists of :blush:

freight that goes by rail and road iirc

here you are en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermodal … _transport

Mmtm, :wink: , an occasional shunt for Freightliner is “Intermodal” :bulb:

if you look on the direct gov website for that tax rate it also mention RFS road friendly suspension what classes as that?

air suspension :wink:

why don’t they just put that?

K5Project:
why don’t they just put that?

Because Volvo used to fit S shaped steel springs which also qualified.

Air Suspension and S shaped steel springs is more of a mouthful than RFS :stuck_out_tongue:

If you look on the COC, GVTA, or plating certificate there will be an R in the Function box, It is also marked on the V5C

Combined Transport — tractive
unit with three or more axles
used with a semi-trailer with
three or more axles.

41001kg - 43999kg

We all know the definition of Intermodal, so as long as you have an old triaxle skelly in your fleet I cannot see why you cannot tax it for £650

Loophole Intermodal :stuck_out_tongue:

Goaty:
Mmtm, :wink: , an occasional shunt for Freightliner is “Intermodal” :bulb:

result! i was in there 3 times last week, intermodal i am :smiley: :wink:

Eco-friendly road transport, it’s the way forward… :wink:

Do you need anything to support that you are doing combined transport or is just filling out the V85 from and ticking the box for combined transport enough?

Taxing truck Thursday a vehicle that wasn’t taxed in that band before.

advice would be most welcome as nothing of any use on line

i just took my tax renewal, plate ,mot, insurance and logbook, got to the counter at the dvla office, told the lady i wanted to change the tax band to combined transport, she asked “6 months or a year” i said i would have a year please :smiley:
10 minutes and £650 later i was on my way, just remember to take the logbook as it has to be sent away , it just comes back with CT next to the 44,000kg on the weight

only just bought the motor and only have slip from log book - hopefully that will be ok

thats enough to tax a vehicle so shouldnt be a problem as long as you have the plate etc

so let me get this right. if you do some container work then that counts as intermodal and so you can change tax bands?

The way I understand it is that ALL your work must be intermodal, so the odd shunt here and there won’t help you.
But I stand to be corrected