Road Rage Please Watch

From another forum i frequent, As i driver i see most stupid things but was quite taken back by this what do lot think,

youtube.com/watch?v=b-SOphSk … ture=share

as much as i dislike bikes motor or pedal I think that the imbecile was in the Jag this time

both wrong. :unamused:

I think the Jag driver was a [zb] but I don’t think you handled it very well either.

“I didn’t see yer…” is not any kind of excuse, but it did give him the psychological advantage over you as driver with limited experience.

I think you were probably not quite as well placed on the road as you should have been, but I think he was simply impatient to get past you.

I would defend any attempt by his insurance company to get any damages from you. But I think both you and the Jag driver were lucky to come away from the incident with as little damage as you obviously have.

Consider it a learning exercise and move on with your life. (Oh, and be thankful he was driving a Jag and not an artic!)

Road rage! where the [zb] was the road rage :confused:

All I saw was a car driver who made a reckless overtake manoeuvre and an immature bike rider.

They were both in the wrong, obviously the car driver should not have overtaken in those circumstances and therefore was responsible for the accident but the bike rider was just an immature Muppet who needs to grow up :unamused:

tachograph:
obviously the car driver should not have overtaken in those circumstances and therefore was responsible for the accident

Agree

tachograph:
but the bike rider was just an immature Muppet who needs to grow up :unamused:

What? You’ve just said it was ‘obviously’ the car drivers fault so what’s up with the moped rider?

Jags fault bad time to overtake driving instructor my ■■■.

MikeCunn:

tachograph:
obviously the car driver should not have overtaken in those circumstances and therefore was responsible for the accident

Agree

tachograph:
but the bike rider was just an immature Muppet who needs to grow up :unamused:

What? You’ve just said it was ‘obviously’ the car drivers fault so what’s up with the moped rider?

I just found his attitude to be immature, the way he described it as road rage when in fact as far as I could see it was a case of a driver making a reckless judgement, the way he put on the video “OWNED” even though there was no indication that I could see of that being the case.

In my opinion the bike riders attitude in not allowing the argument to stop could easily have led to a real road rage incident.

Having said that he did sound quite young so perhaps I’m being a little too harsh :wink:

The slip road was not marked as a two lane road, therefore it must be a single lane, so the jag driver should not overtake until it is safe to do so. As for not seeing him in his mirrors, I’m sure it’s easier and more of a legal requirement to look forward and avoid hitting things in front. There is another point though and anyone who rides bikes, peds etc will know that with wet roads like that and the number of things which can and do lose the grip of the road surface, even if it had been a two lane exit, I wouldn’t go round the outside of a bike. A guy near me did, well, to be fair, the scooter came up the inside lane of him and kind of ‘undertook’ him on a left hand bend, all perfectly innocent and legal as it was one lane to turn right and one for left a bit up the road. The scooter lost its grip and the ped and rider were wrapped round the guys second steer axle. His leg was, well, no point in going into details, but as a standing up impliment, it was never going to be much use again and was amputated at the site. The driver, who had done nothing wrong was whipped away for a few hours, phone taken for weeks and was a gibbering wreck for a good time later and it still scared to death of peds now some 2 yrs later.
In response to some of the comments about what followed, it does shake you up when someone runs into you on a bike and the lad was clearly shaken. The gob ■■■■■ in the jag would have not finished his first sentance with most grown men!

As a scooter rider myself I can say this is an all too common thing. The amount of near misses Ive had with people doing similar or misjudging the speed Im doing and pulling out of junctions is scary. I think though I may look at getting one of them cameras.

I believe the Jag was at fault, clearly willing to risk an accident just to get past. This problem must be quite common though when the law restricts some younger riders to just 30 mph… Probably encouraging similar behavior from inpatient drivers.

Seems to me the Jag driver tried to push through, backed off (and beeped the horn) then just pushed through anyway.

I think the Jag driver is quite lucky. If that were me on the bike, he’d have got a bat in the face, a boot in the nuts then a kick in the chops as he went down.

tachograph:
Having said that he did sound quite young so perhaps I’m being a little too harsh :wink:

Ha ha, I reckon you are a bit. :laughing:

DoYouMeanMe?:
The gob [zb] in the jag would have not finished his first sentance with most grown men!

Quite true. I was knocked off my motorbike when I was 17. I stormed up to the bloke who did it (on a broken foot but I didn’t know cos I was full of adrenalin) with my fist clenched ready to drop him. His first words were, “Are you okay?” If he would’ve reacted any other way I would’ve hit him.
It was his fault by the way but he didn’t get charged either. I was off work for six weeks with two broken bones in my left foot from being crushed against the side of his car before I went over the bonnet and bounced down the road and a smashed up bike.
I loved that Honda NS125. I got it repaired and rode it for another two years.
I’m not an aggressive person, but when confronted by openly dangerous and aggressive moves like this and then an arrogant toe rag, I can flare up quickly. I would’ve had to be dragged off the stupid ■■■■ by passers by.

Well, after watching this, it looks as if that jag driver was probably right up behind the scooter rider while on the roundabout and the rider was probably a bit annoyed about it, so when he indicated to come off the roundabout and could probably see the jags indicator on as well, he thought he might get his own back by making him wait even longer by not moving over into the left side of the road, coz it looks like to me, that theres two lanes theyve both stopped on so why was the rider not over on the left when there would,ave been loads of room for the jag to get buy. I think theyre both in the wrong.

Jag driver fault 100%, maybe he missjudged the speed and gap or maybe it was an aggressive push through. But he was in the wrong.
Just because the vehicle in front is going slower than you it doesn’t mean you can barge passed, whatever that vehicle is.

Jags fault 100% and the extreme braking nearly results in a secondary crash. If he is a driving instructor im thomas the tank engine :wink:

Colfazer:
it looks like to me, that theres two lanes theyve both stopped on

Think you need to watch it again.

The jag driver was well out of order.
The scooters line was taking him to the nearside of the road anyhow. If the jag guy had been a bit more careful he could of gone past without incident.

Goes to show how dangerous road riding is. When my grandson is older I’ll help him race any type of bike he wants to, on a track but I’ll never get him a road bike…

W

JAG driver, total tool.

The collision was the Jags fault and the way he rammed on the brakes suggests toys out of pram at maybe being held up or other but the Scooter was over towards the right on the entry slip and he should have really seen him in the mirrors also.