Road Rage Please Watch

Regardless of who was to blame, I found it hard to watch because that Jag fella was such a thoroughly unpleasant, obnoxious person. I was aching for the scooter rider to punch his lights out.

Anyways 100% jags fault.

Scooterman may have took the exit a bit wide, but the road was wet and he may have had to.

They don`t turn as quick in the wet.

Jeeeez, that Jag fella was a knob.

the lad on the scoot navigates the island perfectly,taking the correct defensive line when exiting.anyone who thinks the scoot rider was partly to blame needs to seriously consider their own driving skills.
if the kid goes to the law with his video,i have no doubt that the jag driver will prosecuted

The Jag fella is a DSA LGV driving instructer!

I guess he pays no heed to ‘L’ Plates either.

Should be struck off in my opinion.

well , i think the jag ■■■■ should of also been more observant and taken notice of the L plates , i ride a bike as my main transport and if you see L plates on a vehicle then you should also be more patient and allow for errors, although the kid on the scooter didnt do anything wrong as you are taught to ride defensively, he indicated telling the people behind where he was going and exited the roundabout into a single carriage way where he took the centre line also riding to the weather conditions. And using his vehicle (jag) to intimidate him and nearly causing a near fatal accident by forcing him to stop, its a shame the police wasnt called or there to see his actions , as for being an ex this and an ex that then that says it all “EX” as in NOT ANY MORE i wonder why ■■?

Slow vehicles should keep to the left. The road was a mile wide.

Silver_Surfer:

He had only just come of the roundabout and it was wet, iam sure if he had had the chance he would of moved over, jag drive was impatient should have waited as he should of also seen the road was wide and waited until safe to pass, rather the squeeze pass

Silver_Surfer:

Not really, you are very vulnerable on a bike and when you are doing your CBT they tell you to sit in the middle of your lane, its all about defensive driving. Sitting to the left just invites ■■■■■ to try silly overtakes that will endanger you.

The Jag driver was being an impatient ■■■■■ He then made an assumption that the scooter would imediately move over or take a tighter line into the exit, neither happened.
It matters not that the scooter rider took it wide, for all we know there could have been a fuel spill close to the curb, its irrelavant. The Jag driver was aggressive in his driving and he made an assumption, he was indeed a tool.
He could have waited an extra 3 seconds and passed him safely.
Scooter boy was never away from his mirrors through there, he’d make a good C+E driver I reckon! :laughing:

commonrail:
if the kid goes to the law with his video,i have no doubt that the jag driver will prosecuted

Unfortunately CR, there was a written piece at the end of the video, said he took it to the cops and they couldnt do anything because he never came off the bike and there was no debri on the road. Truth of it is, bill is probably to ■■■■■■■ with doughnut shops etc to bother.

Pretty sure the bit about going to the police was straight afterwards maybe things will change now he has more opinions ■■ Guy on scooter looks about 16

I read an article a few weeks back where someone had taken video footage of an incident to the police and they reckoned that it was not classed as evidence. Strangely enough, some guy filmed himself speeding on a bike, like a tool, put it on youtube and although no-one complained, the police managed to use that film as evidence to ban him.

The car driver was being an impatiant idiot and though he could push past the motor cycle, he is the sort of person who will give everyone greif.
the bike was taking a good line and as i would expect held ground round the corner to try and prevent anyone overtaking (incase he sliped) also i would never overtake anyone on a push bike or motorbike on a bend just incase they slip.
there was also a sugestion that the speed limit was 30 so no reason to over take the bike what so ever.
Both involved were lucky that time it could have so easily been a very nasty accident, not only did the car driver cause the accident he then continued to push infornt of the scooter and slam on his brakes delibratly trying to cause another accident, he should be seriously punished before he killes someone.
Even after all that he had the cheek to try and blame the rider

Jag driver in the wrong both times and bang out of order IMO.
I know there is something in the statutes going back to the days of horses and carts which says you must keep to the left to allow vehicles to overtake you but that is archaic and probably wouldn’t be relevant in this situation. I think that is what the Jag driver must have been referring to and here is what it says FYFI:

Section 78 Higways Act 1835:
Or if the driver of any waggon, cart, or other carriage whatsoever or of any horses mules or other beast of draught or burden meeting any other waggon, cart, or other carriage, or horses, mules, or other beasts of burden, shall not keep his waggon, cart, or carriage, or horses, mules, or other beasts of burden on the left or near side of the road;
Or if any person shall in any manner wilfully prevent any other person from passing him, or any waggon, cart, or other carriage, or horses, mules, or other beasts of burden, under his care, upon such highway, or by negligence or misbehaviour prevent, hinder, or interrupt the free passage of any person, waggon, cart, or other carriage or horses, mules, or other beasts of burden, on any highway, or shall not keep his waggon, cart, or other carriage, or horses, mules, or other beasts of burden, on the left or near side of the road, for the purpose of allowing such passage

The guy may have a point but it’s not a very good one. He should have been paying more attention and being more careful.
That same section also says:

Section 78 Higways Act 1835:
…if the driver of any carriage whatsoever on any part of any highway shall by negligence or wilful misbehaviour cause any hurt or damage to any person, horse, cattle, or goods conveyed in any carriage passing or being upon such highway…

So the chances are that He could be guilty of breaking the very law that he was accusing the rider of breaking.

BTW it all ends with " …shall in addition to any civil action to which he may make himself liable, for every such offence forfeit any sum not exceeding level 1 on the standard scale." (words in italics substituted by criminal justice acts of 1967 and 1982 but the rest of what is quoted is unrepealed)

DoYouMeanMe?:
I read an article a few weeks back where someone had taken video footage of an incident to the police and they reckoned that it was not classed as evidence. Strangely enough, some guy filmed himself speeding on a bike, like a tool, put it on youtube and although no-one complained, the police managed to use that film as evidence to ban him.

good point

You can rely on the police to not bother their arse until it suits them…

Absolutely makes me rage, watching this nasty little incident, which might have ended up much worse. The thing is with these nutters, they’re suddenly in no hurry once they’ve got some reaction out of someone, which proves they must be crazily unfit to drive, not in a hurry at all, just out to (dangerously) prove a point (which the fool goes on to try to do). If the police allow him to get away with no sanction despite the evidence (and they no doubt will) then long may this sort of thing continue. And I am referring to jag-man here. Outrageous for him to get away with it!

Jag driver clearly in the wrong , but what bothers me is these idiot mc riders with camera’s, i dont know if it’s been said before but they enhance the situations , in this idiots own clip right at start their is fella crossing road , instead of slowing down for the hazard the mc rider does nothing making it seem more dangerous than needs be.

Snudger:
Absolutely makes me rage, watching this nasty little incident, which might have ended up much worse. The thing is with these nutters, they’re suddenly in no hurry once they’ve got some reaction out of someone, which proves they must be crazily unfit to drive, not in a hurry at all, just out to (dangerously) prove a point (which the fool goes on to try to do). If the police allow him to get away with no sanction despite the evidence (and they no doubt will) then long may this sort of thing continue. And I am referring to jag-man here. Outrageous for him to get away with it!

He obviously feels big in front of a single young inexperienced motorcyclist but I wouldn’t want to be him with that video going around the internet if you take my meaning. I would be considering migration.

To me it looks like it is not lane marked so its a single lane but even if its 2 lanes or even 3 and the rider is completely in the wrong position, there is no excuse what so ever for overtaking in that manner.

Notwithstanding that, as a motorcyclist myself I immediately picked up on the road surface at the scene of the impact. Take a look again if you doubt me, its clearly breaking up with visible holes along where two strips or tarmac have been laid. I would not even try riding on that part of the road so I would be exactly where the moped rider was in this instance.

As for the comment the police can’t do anything because there is no debris on the road… That is absolute rubbish and the rider should be getting back on to the police and demanding action be taken. At the very least this was a due care by the jag driver and yes, possibly by the rider. However, I would say the Jag driver has seen the danger and gone on to ignore it making it a Dangerous.

As for comments about the riders immaturity, well err yes, he is imature. Clearly a young inexperienced rider who has just had a very close call followed by a stopping manoeuvre that could have caused a further collision. Today I would react calmly, decisively and proportionately. When I was a teenager I would have reacted in much the same way as I suggest would most of his critics.

iDriver

iDriver:
However, I would say the Jag driver has seen the danger and gone on to ignore it making it a Dangerous.

That’s what it looks like and overtaking him closely the second time makes it look a bit deliberate as well.
And that’s what I meant by my previous comment. Not a good idea to go around messing with bikers if that’s his game.

xahara1272:
Jag driver clearly in the wrong , but what bothers me is these idiot mc riders with camera’s, i dont know if it’s been said before but they enhance the situations , in this idiots own clip right at start their is fella crossing road , instead of slowing down for the hazard the mc rider does nothing making it seem more dangerous than needs be.

this kids insurance would increase massively in the event of a succesful claim against him,once he shows them his video,there`s no chance the jag driver is getting any dough.