Road kill

the maoster:

malcolmgbell:
When I was in the navy,the sub I was in hit a squid,not road kill,but kind of the same

My local fishmonger buys squid that have been hit by vessels. I thought that he’d only pay a fiver but oh no, he pays up to sick squid.

Badum tish.

Taxi for maoster!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately,up here it is a daily occurence seeing dead reindeer or moose.Most trucks have the so called ‘‘bull bars’’ so avoid the worst damage.but many cars are written off each year due to the damage.The worst time is winter due to reduced visibility and the stupid animals jumping over snowbanks onto the road to lick the salt.
One good thing is that most comp ins covers ‘‘animal damage’’ and costs very Little extra.

I skelped a crow on the way down the whisky trail in the middle of the night. Scared the life out of me. It cracked the windscreen on my XF and rather than bounce off it ended up jammed up between the windscreen and the sunvisor. I pulled over and had to use a brush to get out. It was still alive but clearly injured so ended up just driving over the top of it to end it’s misery :frowning: .

Ghiabox:

malcolmgbell:
When I was in the navy,the sub I was in hit a squid,not road kill,but kind of the same

I don’t beleive it, how could you have seen?! They don’t have windows on military subs!

You lookout the torpedo hole with Google’s on

Goggles

harrawaffa:
I skelped a crow on the way down the whisky trail in the middle of the night. Scared the life out of me. It cracked the windscreen on my XF and rather than bounce off it ended up jammed up between the windscreen and the sunvisor. I pulled over and had to use a brush to get out. It was still alive but clearly injured so ended up just driving over the top of it to end it’s misery :frowning: .

Exactly the same thingh happened to me with a bat. I felt awful having to run over it but it looked to be suffering badly.

Of all the places it had to hit it chose the weakest bit and made a body sized hole ! I like a drop o’ Grouse but preferably out of a bloody bottle … :frowning:

A full size gull hitting the front of an empty rigid box at 50mph scared the bejasus out of me one night . Then one hit the passenger window on the same road two nights later .
I also had a massive crow come through the screen of a transit in the days before laminated screens , blood guts and glass everywhere , lucky that I wear spectacles or it could have been nasty .
When I worked in a bodyshop we had many that had hit living things , the two most memorable were a morris marina that hit a swan and wrote the car off , a Jag XJ6 that hit a light plane on a landing strip , the plane landed safely but the jag lost most of its roof .
The jag driver served time for that one .
We also had a Corsa stored in the yard under wraps that had hit and killed a postman. Not in a nice state and had to be kept as an evidence exhibit because of court case appeals .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I once had the misfortune to run into a grey squirrel on my way to Iver stupid thing ran out in front of my front wheel and nearly caused me to go over the handlebars… cue the I’d blame the cyclist gags…

Don’t think I’d did it too much harm as it managed to run away afterwards so had to get a meal deal at Toscos that day…

Following on from the Elk, had a Canada Goose (must have died in flight) come through the windscreen of my pick up truck on the highway, that woke me up, thank christ I was wearing shades as glass went everywhere.

Many years ago; middle of the night, I was heading north up the Tanamani Road in NT… fully laden and travelling flat out having just come off a hill… when I ploughed into a herd of camels. (and, before you ask, No – I don’t mean the ciggy)

If memory serves I took out 12 of them in one swipe!

'Roo bars on the wagon were all twisted and buckled but the lorry itself was fine.

Camel steaks for weeks :frowning: :frowning:

… Erm, I’ll claim the prize now shall I!

:smiley: :smiley:

Win-Stone:
Many years ago; middle of the night, I was heading north up the Tanamani Road in NT… fully laden and travelling flat out having just come off a hill… when I ploughed into a herd of camels.

I did not know camels were native to Australia! Can’t remember ever hearing that!

Ghiabox:

Win-Stone:
Many years ago; middle of the night, I was heading north up the Tanamani Road in NT… fully laden and travelling flat out having just come off a hill… when I ploughed into a herd of camels.

I did not know camels were native to Australia! Can’t remember ever hearing that!

They’re not native but were introduced and i think Australia now has the largest population in the world.

Win-Stone:
Many years ago; middle of the night, I was heading north up the Tanamani Road in NT… fully laden and travelling flat out having just come off a hill… when I ploughed into a herd of camels. (and, before you ask, No – I don’t mean the ciggy)

If memory serves I took out 12 of them in one swipe!

'Roo bars on the wagon were all twisted and buckled but the lorry itself was fine.

Camel steaks for weeks :frowning: :frowning:

… Erm, I’ll claim the prize now shall I!

:smiley: :smiley:

Opening your door to get the stragglers doesn’t count.

I have hit a badger,fox,pigeon and numerous small animals over the years,and it does pxxs me off,as an animal lover[wildlife or domestic]I hate it when I hit them,but they have no road sense,the fox was around February this year on the A419 Swindon,doing 56mph and this stupid animal walked out onto the A419,couldn’t swerve [cars coming up]and then it turned and walked straight under my wheels,i did feel sorry for it and it put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day.

The camels in Australia were imported to help to construct the railways down there.

alamcculloch:
The camels in Australia were imported to help to construct the railways down there.

Bloody clever them Aussies, we imported the Irish to do that here!

the maoster:

alamcculloch:

Bloody clever them Aussies, we imported the Irish to do that here!

Them camels must be cleverer than they look, too!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

raymundo:
Of all the places it had to hit it chose the weakest bit and made a body sized hole ! I like a drop o’ Grouse but preferably out of a bloody bottle … :frowning:

That’s a partridge.

I ran over a Badger at the top of bluebell hill once… The truck bounced over like it was a cyclist and all… Oh wait a mo! :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: