RM drivers this time

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … geway.html

Although to be fair I would imagine the only way this happened was by the VW cutting in front too quickly.

Here’s a video of the accident.

There is some strong language in this video which is why I’m posting a link rather than embedding the video here.

youtube.com/watch?v=LU-qq1EKl6Q

tachograph:
Here’s a video of the accident.

There is some strong language in this video which is why I’m posting a link rather than embedding the video here.

youtube.com/watch?v=LU-qq1EKl6Q

WOW, how on earth did he not notice for that long?! :open_mouth:

djt1881:
WOW, how on earth did he not notice for that long?! :open_mouth:

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

If it was a Stobbies driver the place will be in uproar.Revoke their licence ban all their drivers.

That is absolutely ■■■■■■■ ridiculous.

‘I honestly didn’t see him’. Well done mate you have just got yourself at the minimum driving without due care and attention.

Pushing a sideways car along in front for 500 yards and not seeing, feeling, realising … wtf were you actually doing?

Looks like PRDC.

No time on the 318 to deal with VW BS

Hopefully he has a dashcam or is a union member or RM will have him off the road for 3+ months when it is likely the VW’s fault.

I’ve heard of it happening and the driver just continued his run after with the full blessing of the police. It could happen with very little impact, so you wouldn’t know. The driver has checked on the occupants immediately while in the midst of getting pelters from the general public. Exchange details, book the truck in for inspection / repair. All in a day’s work.

For some reason…

Or other, some drivers don’t seem to see cars wedged under their front number plate.

If you look around on Ytube there are dozens of videos of this happening. There was one here in the UK a few years ago when an Arclid DAF drove for ages with a Renault wedged in front him.

It seems incredible to me that some people can’t see a car right in front of them.

yourhavingalarf:
For some reason…

Or other, some drivers don’t seem to see cars wedged under their front number plate.

If you look around on Ytube there are dozens of videos of this happening. There was one here in the UK a few years ago when an Arclid DAF drove for ages with a Renault wedged in front him.

It seems incredible to me that some people can’t see a car right in front of them.

In an XF maybe but not a CF

Some drivers sit super low in the seat, maybe how they drove their cars as kids, white baseball cap on the ■■■■ bass box in the boot drowning out all sound semi reclining just able to peer over the window ledges.

Noticed the new habit of car drivers though, forcing into your lane as soon as their thick empty head passes your front bumper even if you’re still there, not surprising how often they get snagged and spun across the front…presumably they read in the blurb ‘‘this car has 5ncap stars’’ and they’ve swallowed the rhetoric :unamused:

Similar to this happened some years ago on the A1M south near Wetherby.Female vet car driver joined the southbound and didn’t notice an Arclid tanker at her shoulder when she moved direct into lane 2.Her car was spun around and pushed sideways down the road for some distance unseen by lorry driver.No prosecutions by the police.

Ok, so the driver of the high performance VW has a youtube channel dedicated to cars. Now, I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I’d really like to see his footage of just before the collision.

Edited because I was wrong!

Too many dashcam ■■■■■■■ now. Whi wants to be famous anyway? Go stick some silicone in your lips like that big chap from the band did.

Unless you’ve pushed a car sideways with a truck it seems you would be surprised how little you feel. Even in an 18t 180bhp rigid.

In my case a car turning right from left hand lane at a roundabout across me as I set off to go straight. If I’d had any speed on I’d not have felt it at all. It was only the drag as I changed gear that I noticed.

I like all the car drivers comments about how couldn’t he see the car. It’s quite easy when some prat in a 1500Kg car, clouts the nearside of a flat fronted six or seven ton prime mover. The question should be 'why didn’t he see the truck? And why did he try to change lanes when he was still beside it?

I did this myself. Nearly scared me so much I nearly didn’t drive again. I posted about it on here.

I heard the small bang and noticed nearly immediately. But it’s amazing what can happen so quickly with no warning (for me at least).

I’m glad the bloke is okay. And I hope the driver doesn’t lose his job. None of us are perfect. Those that claim to be amazing are probably the worst drivers on here.

Returning to Stonebridge Park (PRDC) by the looks of it…

There’s a downward-mirror on the windscreen, so unless this drive hasn’t done their blue-paper wipe-off of mirrors and reflectives at the start of the shift, there’s no excuses for not being able to clearly see a whole car across the front - is there?

I suppose it’s a good job he wasn’t towing a double decker trailer, bearing in mind if you miss the turn-off at hangar lane - you’re taking a 16’4" through a 16’0" underpass there on the A40…

Look who came to the rescue
[/url]Ellie Goulding helps driver 'T-boned' by Royal Mail truck - BBC News

obviously not having a dashtop table,satnav,ornaments,teddy bears and a frilly pelmet made a great difference to this incident which shows how irrelevant it is having them up anyway.

fair play to postman winson for keeping his cool and being polite whilst not getting involved with the cameraman who should be facing charges for recording in portrait.
interestingly for me,then listen to the recording with your eyes closed and try and guess what country it is in. :slight_smile: