Riverside Drive Aberdeen. Do not park!

Been parking here many a time overnight along with a few others but not anymore. Got back to my truck from shopping at the Asda to find a parking ticket on my windscreen that was issued at 21:15 :unamused: seems like Aberdeen is getting like London for traffic wardens working 24/7. I know there is a ban overnight in Aberdeen but have never heard of any problems parked up here in the past, I must have stopped here about 20 times in the past and never had a ticket.
Are the council doing a blitz on HGV’S up here or something?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Been parking here many a time overnight along with a few others but not anymore. Got back to my truck from shopping at the Asda to find a parking ticket on my windscreen that was issued at 21:15 :unamused: seems like Aberdeen is getting like London for traffic wardens working 24/7. I know there is a ban overnight in Aberdeen but have never heard of any problems parked up here in the past, I must have stopped here about 20 times in the past and never had a ticket.

was it a taffy warden or constable plod

the ticket is from the council do I’m guessing a traffic warden. I wouldn’t mind if I was on double yellows, a red route or causing an obstruction but what problem am I causing down here a quiet road at the side of the river? :confused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
the ticket is from the council do I’m guessing a traffic warden. I wouldn’t mind if I was on double yellows, a red route or causing an obstruction but what problem am I causing down here a quiet road at the side of the river? :confused:

yes that is a good point !!

what are you doing down there on a quiet road at the side of a river ? :laughing:

This happened to me a couple of years back at the same spot. This ticket was issued at 5.20am in the morning by a plod. I appealled it thru every channel which ended up wae a snake from Grampian Police leaning on my employer to force me to pay it & shut up. I raised an official complaint about this and an Inspector investigated the matter with a view to raising charges against this ■■■■ for perverting the course of justice but the then HR Manager decided to deny everything and made a right fool of me. The only result I got was the ■■■■ reprimanded for incivility to me. Aberdeen is the greediest money grabbing city in Scotland. If they can in anyway get money out of you they will guys

I’ve parked there many times without problems. What was the offence on the ticket?

was u lit on the right side of the road etc etc ■■

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

They need to raise as much revenue as possible by whatever means since the end of the boom in the oil industry has meant a downturn in finances available for the burgermeisters jolly’s abroad :slight_smile:

nick2008:
was u lit on the right side of the road etc etc ■■

Doenst really matter they have him by the balls as there is a city wide and surrounding areas hgv parking ban, big signs tell you as you drive into Aberdeen from all directions. Only certain streets can be used and they can be found on Aberdeens councils website.

agree about Aberdeen being a greedy council I got a taxi on Monday half hour drive to the airport £70 second dearest in Europe apparentley

They will need the money to pay for that new footpath they have spent the last 6 months putting in! I came through there at 6.30 last night and there was a few parked up so you wont be alone in getting a ticket

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Been parking here many a time overnight along with a few others but not anymore. Got back to my truck from shopping at the Asda to find a parking ticket on my windscreen that was issued at 21:15 :unamused: seems like Aberdeen is getting like London for traffic wardens working 24/7. I know there is a ban overnight in Aberdeen but have never heard of any problems parked up here in the past, I must have stopped here about 20 times in the past and never had a ticket. Are the council doing a blitz on HGV’S up here or something?

do what we used to do down at THURROCK :grimacing: swap all the tickets OFF THE WINDSCREENS to different vehicles. :laughing: no fingerprints included :sunglasses: works a treat. :smiley:

chaversdad:
They will need the money to pay for that new footpath they have spent the last 6 months putting in! I came through there at 6.30 last night and there was a few parked up so you wont be alone in getting a ticket

I got there about 18:55 last night and was the only truck there. I was the only one there at 4:30 when I woke up. I may contest it as the signs that say " No overnight parking" are only on one side of the road also it doesn’t state a lorry parking restriction on the signs it just says, “No overnight parking”
Now I’m my eyes this means no overnight parking for any vehicle so why didn’t the cars that were parked there all night get a ticket? A vehicle that’s been there from 18:00 to past the time I left is surely still parked overnight?

How much is the ticket (discount rate)?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

chaversdad:

I got there about 18:55 last night and was the only truck there. I was the only one there at 4:30 when I woke up. I may contest it as the signs that say " No overnight parking" are only on one side of the road also it doesn’t state a lorry parking restriction on the signs it just says, “No overnight parking”
Now I’m my eyes this means no overnight parking for any vehicle so why didn’t the cars that were parked there all night get a ticket? A vehicle that’s been there from 18:00 to past the time I left is surely still parked overnight?

where you parked up the dead end near the bridge or further along opposite the houses? there was definately 3 or 4 parked half way along in the narrow layby about 6.30pm, wonder if they got moved on before you got there?

for anyone else wondering where to park in Aberdeen overnight heres the official map, makes bloody hard reading though
aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsrunti … 6&sID=9175

chaversdad:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

chaversdad:

where you parked up the dead end near the bridge or further along opposite the houses? there was definately 3 or 4 parked half way along in the narrow layby about 6.30pm, wonder if they got moved on before you got there?

for anyone else wondering where to park in Aberdeen overnight heres the official map, makes bloody hard reading though
aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsrunti … 6&sID=9175

I was parked on the right hand side about 3 car lengths behind the butty van. The ticket is £60 if paid within 14 days or £120 if paid after.

That maps chuffin useless i’d be hontest and go to court then get some one off the cuff in court to explain where if they were a driver where they could park :open_mouth:

nick2008:
That maps chuffin useless i’d be hontest and go to court then get some one off the cuff in court to explain where if they were a driver where they could park :open_mouth:

So Riverside Drive ain’t on the map. I’ve always thought the big signs you see before you get into Aberdeen from Stonehaven and Inverurie are for vehicle movements over 7 and half tonne through Aberdeen City Centre.
One of our drivers told me today that he was told by a traffic cop that he couldn’t leave the lay by he was parked up in up Inverurie side before 7am otherwise he would get a ticket a few year ago :unamused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

chaversdad:

There doesnt need to be any signs. There are signs when entering Aberdeen from any direction.

Anything over 5 ton no waiting/stopping unless in authorized hgv parking areas.

£60/£120! Ouch, that’s (Very nearly) London rates.

Might be worth heading over to pepipoo - forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Start a new thread, Upload both sides of the ticket (Omitting the VRM/PCN Numbers) and see if they can find a winning appeal. If anyone can, they will.