Rishi Sunak PM

Just watched Sunak’s first speech in Downing Street after visiting the King (him not me you fool) and about to form his government.

Yes talk is cheap, but the speech was good and he delivered it with conviction.
How much of the speech he wrote we haven’t a clue.

Whilst i hold no candle for him or Truss or any of the front lines in either party, i’m going to be watching with interest to see what happens over the next two years, he’s got two years max before a general election will have to be called, if he does what he says he could in my honest opinion yet turn things around and save the country and the tories from complete destruction.
I did not like how he was ‘placed’ in the PM’s chair, how it happened stinks…but we are where we are, if he can show progress in digging us out of this mire and preserve what’s left of our freedoms including keeping the £ and cash in use and not allow us to be led back into bed with the EU, i shall be impressed and glad things worked out this way, breath not held but prepared to give the man a chance.

First Cabinet resignation is Rees-Mogg.
See how many other members of the ERG “party in a party” stay or go?

Brandon Lewis, Kit Malthouse, also known ERG members, have walked too.

Juddian:
and not allow us to be led back into bed with the EU,

We have left the EU.
(With an absolutely rotten deal, that it`s authors think is crap, and renegotiation up in 2026? This one is still having ongoing talks!)
But we are out.

However the EU is our:
Biggest export trader
Biggest import trader
Nearest trade partner

We are in bed with the EU, its just that we arent talking to them as much as we were before.
And it is costing us loads more, because instead of talking to them we need professionals with forms to fill in to communicate.

Franglais:
We have left the EU.

WOW ! :open_mouth:
The penny has finally dropped, he’s finally got there…despite nearly 80 pages of perpetuation on the other thread.
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Here’s a ‘link’.
youtu.be/IUZEtVbJT5c

robroy:

Franglais:
We have left the EU.

The penny has finally dropped, he’s finally got there…despite nearly 80 pages of perpetuation on the other thread.

Here’s a ‘link’.
youtu.be/IUZEtVbJT5c

We have left.
The exit talks are continuing.

If you think "its done" youre wrong.

Franglais:

Juddian:
and not allow us to be led back into bed with the EU,

We have left the EU.
(With an absolutely rotten deal, that it`s authors think is crap, and renegotiation up in 2026? This one is still having ongoing talks!)
But we are out.

However the EU is our:
Biggest export trader
Biggest import trader
Nearest trade partner

We are in bed with the EU, its just that we arent talking to them as much as we were before.
And it is costing us loads more, because instead of talking to them we need professionals with forms to fill in to communicate.

The EU is a net trade liability to us added to.by our net contributor status.
It’s also a Federal superstate which thinks it has the right to supercede national governments.
Hopefully the useless Federalist Europhile Tory party will now split with the likes of Davis, IDS and even relatively less trustworthy Mogg and Truss forming a new party in alliance with the RP UKIP offshoot, to stand against the LabLibCon alliance and the Sunak, Davey, and Starmer circus act.Which is about to hijack the country finishing the job that Heath started.If Biden doesn’t get us nuked first.
I’m surprised that Juddian seems to have swallowed Sunak’s narrative in that regard.
The truth is we’ve just seen a coup by the Europhile, globalist, climate scamming majority, which makes up that rotten to the core Party since Heath ousted Powell.

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:
We have left the EU.

Here’s a ‘link’.
youtu.be/IUZEtVbJT5c

We have left.

Tell you what mate all jokes.,banter and wind ups aside, for a minute,.but
if ‘‘they’’ manage to wangle it in some underhanded way whereby we re.enter that shower of sh., it will be a travesty for democracy.

I can not make my mind up what makes me never want to see that the most… the fact that I was one who voted to leave, or having to see the gloating look on people like your self’s faces, knowing that your eternal bleating and failure to accept a democratic decision has paid off.
The latter has superseded the former in many people’s minds.

Lovin the wrexham players boots , ■■■■ the tories

Juddian:
Just watched Sunak’s first speech in Downing Street after visiting the King (him not me you fool) and about to form his government.

Yes talk is cheap, but the speech was good and he delivered it with conviction.
How much of the speech he wrote we haven’t a clue.

Whilst i hold no candle for him or Truss or any of the front lines in either party, i’m going to be watching with interest to see what happens over the next two years, he’s got two years max before a general election will have to be called, if he does what he says he could in my honest opinion yet turn things around and save the country and the tories from complete destruction.
I did not like how he was ‘placed’ in the PM’s chair, how it happened stinks…but we are where we are, if he can show progress in digging us out of this mire and preserve what’s left of our freedoms including keeping the £ and cash in use and not allow us to be led back into bed with the EU, i shall be impressed and glad things worked out this way, breath not held but prepared to give the man a chance.

Yep all anyone can do is give him a chance, see what he can do,.and wait to see if he keeps the promises designed to benefit us.

Thing is they are all good at making promises, you just have to give them time to see if they are actually genuine.

Richest PM in history apparentlly, not counting his wife’s fortune… :neutral_face:

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:
We have left the EU.

Here’s a ‘link’.
youtu.be/IUZEtVbJT5c

We have left.

Tell you what mate all jokes.,banter and wind ups aside, for a minute,.but
if ‘‘they’’ manage to wangle it in some underhanded way whereby we re.enter that shower of sh., it will be a travesty for democracy.

I can not make my mind up what makes me never want to see that the most… the fact that I was one who voted to leave, or having to see the gloating look on people like your self’s faces, knowing that your eternal bleating and failure to accept a democratic decision has paid off.
The latter has superseded the former in many people’s minds.

‘‘We’ve left’’ but the ‘exit’ talks aren’t done is a laughable oxymoron.
This ongoing upheaval is mostly/all about the fact that the Tories took us into it.They were never going to honour a bent one sided referendum stunt which was all about finishing the job that Heath started but wasn’t rigged well enough.
So here we are more Brit cash, oil and gas and fish in exchange for Euro imports and being governed by the 4th Reich known as Brexit in name only regardless of the referendum result.

■■■■ me , Suella gets booted out last week & then gets her job back this week , good start , these torys are a ■■■■■■■ joke

Juddian:

“save the country” what does that even mean? i’ll assume what you mean is, “run the country in the way I want it run”

Forget the politics. Look at integrity and honesty.
Braverman? In any office, after being sacked?

Remembering the Johnson habit of letting others get away with bad behaviour, changing goalposts etc, is Sunak being wise giving Braverman a job? Truss was a financial disaster, but was right to get rid of Braverman.

James Cleverly tried to defend the appointment on BBC R4 “Today”
bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ddwz
Try about 08hr10.

Edit to add
Yvette Cooper says it far better than I ever could
youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8WU35oOsk

Franglais:
Truss was a financial disaster, but was right to get rid of Braverman.

James Cleverly tried to defend the appointment on BBC R4 “Today”
bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ddwz
Try about 08hr10.

The ‘financial disaster’ is the direct result of the climate scam and exporting our fuel resources.While putting them beyond use, by punitive pricing , at home.
At least Truss had made a start on fixing that situation.
Which the Sunak regime has now reversed.

Carryfast:

Absolutely true.
Just as the NI Accord is workable.

Truly a house of cards.

chrisdalott:

Juddian:

“save the country” what does that even mean? i’ll assume what you mean is, “run the country in the way I want it run”

As opposed to the way that the EUSSR and the anti nation state globalists want it run.
A foreign origin PM doing what’s best for foreign interests being a typical Tory statement in that regard.
Just more of the same austerity at home for us to make foreign banks and bankers richer.
Starting with Brit oil and gas resources.
Good luck with energy bills after April.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Absolutely true.
Just as the NI Accord is workable.

Truly a house of cards.

The NI protocol was never and isn’t needed unless you’re saying that the EU is a recognised nation state with the right to claim a national border.The CTA applies between UK and Ireland and the same clearance protocols between Eire and UK as existed before and after we both joined the EUSSR.
The truth is we never left because the party that took us in were never going to take us out.The referendum was just a rigged Soviet style affirmation stunt that wasn’t rigged well enough.Everything since has been an EU driven damage limitation excercise.Including that oxymoron and the fact that nothing has changed, regarding the import of non EU status goods from US and Australia and the EU contributions and regulations and laws regime.We are still effectively an EU member state and the Remainers know it.

Carryfast:
The NI protocol was never and isn’t needed unless you’re saying that the EU is a recognised nation state with the right to claim a national border.The CTA applies between UK and Ireland and the same clearance protocols between Eire and UK as existed before and after we both joined the EUSSR.

I`m gonna regret this

The EU is a trading block, composed of sovereign Nations, and has a common trade border.
Eire is still a member of that, the UK now isn`t.

To protect its borders each Sovereign Country of the EU agrees to have a border with the UK (or any other 3rd country). There is no EU customs/border agency, each country has its own.

There is, because of the CTA no border between the UK and Eire.
That is a Common Travel Area…not a Common Trade Area.
gov.uk/government/publicati … a-guidance
Goods between UK and Eire are not in free trade.
revenue.ie/en/customs/busin … index.aspx
However due to the Good Friday Agreement and now the NI Protocol, there should be no border between NI/Eire.

The NI Protocol as part of the “oven ready” deal was/is an attempt to square a circle.(Or triangle)

1. Because NI is part of the UK there should be no trade border.
  2. Because Eire is part of the EU there can be no trade border.
  3. Because of GFA and NI Protocol no border between NI and Eire.

But there needs to be a trade border between the UK and the EU.

Simple logic tells us that this impossible.
The well known snake oil salesman Johnson sold it though.

It was sold to the EU on the condition we, the UK would fulfill certain conditions. Repeatedly we have failed to do so.
Watch this space.

Edit
UK = NI = Eire = EU but UK ≠ EU

Franglais:

Carryfast:

I`m gonna regret this

The EU is a trading block, composed of sovereign Nations, and has a common trade border.
Eire is still a member of that, the UK now isn`t.

To protect its borders each Sovereign Country of the EU agrees to have a border with the UK (or any other 3rd country). There is no EU customs/border agency, each country has its own.

There is, because of the CTA no border between the UK and Eire.
That is a Common Travel Area…not a Common Trade Area.
gov.uk/government/publicati … a-guidance
Goods between UK and Eire are not in free trade.
revenue.ie/en/customs/busin … index.aspx
However due to the Good Friday Agreement and now the NI Protocol, there should be no border between NI/Eire.

The NI Protocol as part of the “oven ready” deal was/is an attempt to square a circle.(Or triangle)

1. Because NI is part of the UK there should be no trade border.
  2. Because Eire is part of the EU there can be no trade border.
  3. Because of GFA and NI Protocol no border between NI and Eire.

But there needs to be a trade border between the UK and the EU.

Simple logic tells us that this impossible.
The well known snake oil salesman Johnson sold it though.

It was sold to the EU on the condition we, the UK would fulfill certain conditions. Repeatedly we have failed to do so.
Watch this space.

So goods or people imported from Eire to UK.
Or from US to NI via Shannon in 1971 or 2015 or 2022 what supposedly changed.
If the EU doesn’t have ( an illegal ) national border then how do you get free circulation within the EU after crossing any EU member state border.
Tell us more about inland clearance and bonded transport and bonded warehousing.
Yes the CTA is for the free movement of people between Eire and UK.
Why do we need any so called hard border between Eire and UK in view of all the above.
Bearing in mind the EU has no right to any so called EU border in Ireland and as such would negate the CTA.While the stipulation for border only clearance would obviously set a precedent of no inland clearance of non EU freight being allowed anywhere within the EU.

Carryfast:

chrisdalott:

Juddian:

As opposed to the way that the EUSSR and the anti nation state globalists want it run.
A foreign origin PM doing what’s best for foreign interests being a typical Tory statement in that regard.
Just more of the same austerity at home for us to make foreign banks and bankers richer.
Starting with Brit oil and gas resources.
Good luck with energy bills after April.

run the country the way carryfast wants it run, got it

and i dont have any energy bills so dont see how thats relevent to me