Rishi Sunak PM

dozy:
[zb] me , Suella gets booted out last week & then gets her job back this week , good start , these torys are a [zb] joke

Sunak made a good speech about Professionalism, Integrity and Accountablity.

At PMQs Wednesday, Braverman was on the front bench.
Immediately afterwards a well publicised emergency question was asked by Shadow Home Sec, Cooper.
But, the Home Sec Braverman had already disappeared.

Braverman was sacked because of “mistakes”…No professionalism
She was appointed because of internal Tory party politics…No integrity.
And ran away from the question…No accountability.

Here is the question anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=fHdWgWJ3D28

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:
The NI protocol was never and isn’t needed unless you’re saying that the EU is a recognised nation state with the right to claim a national border.The CTA applies between UK and Ireland and the same clearance protocols between Eire and UK as existed before and after we both joined the EUSSR.

I`m gonna regret this

The EU is a trading block, composed of sovereign Nations, and has a common trade border.
Eire is still a member of that, the UK now isn`t.

To protect its borders each Sovereign Country of the EU agrees to have a border with the UK (or any other 3rd country). There is no EU customs/border agency, each country has its own.

There is, because of the CTA no border between the UK and Eire.
That is a Common Travel Area…not a Common Trade Area.
gov.uk/government/publicati … a-guidance
Goods between UK and Eire are not in free trade.
revenue.ie/en/customs/busin … index.aspx
However due to the Good Friday Agreement and now the NI Protocol, there should be no border between NI/Eire.

The NI Protocol as part of the “oven ready” deal was/is an attempt to square a circle.(Or triangle)

1. Because NI is part of the UK there should be no trade border.
  2. Because Eire is part of the EU there can be no trade border.
  3. Because of GFA and NI Protocol no border between NI and Eire.

But there needs to be a trade border between the UK and the EU.

Simple logic tells us that this impossible.
The well known snake oil salesman Johnson sold it though.

It was sold to the EU on the condition we, the UK would fulfill certain conditions. Repeatedly we have failed to do so.
Watch this space.

So goods or people imported from Eire to UK.
Or from US to NI via Shannon in 1971 or 2015 or 2022 what supposedly changed.
If the EU doesn’t have ( an illegal ) national border then how do you get free circulation within the EU after crossing any EU member state border.
Tell us more about inland clearance and bonded transport and bonded warehousing.
Yes the CTA is for the free movement of people between Eire and UK.
Why do we need any so called hard border between Eire and UK in view of all the above.
Bearing in mind the EU has no right to any so called EU border in Ireland and as such would negate the CTA.While the stipulation for border only clearance would obviously set a precedent of no inland clearance of non EU freight being allowed anywhere within the EU.

I will try to unravel that word soup.

Carryfast:
So goods or people imported from Eire to UK.

Pre Brexit there was(almost) no customs between Eire and UK. Since Brexit there is.
There are no border posts, but there are procedures. (edit to correct…14hr25…There are customs clearance posts etc, BUT they are not physically on the NI/Eire border)
Free movement of UK and Eire citizens is allowed as per CTA, but not other EU citizens.

Carryfast:
Or from US to NI via Shannon in 1971 or 2015 or 2022 what supposedly changed.

You dont yet understand the UK/EU position, dont confuse it even more.
(But it isn`t good news)

Carryfast:
Tell us more about inland clearance and bonded transport and bonded warehousing.

inlandborderfacilities.uk/?page_id=1367
The Holyhead one isn`t to check the Dover traffic.

Carryfast:
If the EU doesn’t have ( an illegal ) national border then how do you get free circulation within the EU after crossing any EU member state border.

What? The EU is a Free Trade Area…regarding trade, if goods are free in one country, they are free in them all. It is initially a country that clears the goods, but then the who;e of the EU is open to those goods.

Carryfast:
Why do we need any so called hard border between Eire and UK in view of all the above.

Because the UK and Eire are not in a common FTA.
They are in the CTA, but again not a FTA

Carryfast:
Bearing in mind the EU has no right to any so called EU border in Ireland and as such would negate the CTA.

True, which is why there isnt one. The EU said it didnt want one. It would go against the CTA and the GFA.
Johnson provided the “Magical” Brexit deal…

Carryfast:
While the stipulation for border only clearance would obviously set a precedent of no inland clearance of non EU freight being allowed anywhere within the EU.

Sorry, lost.

If you think the current Brexit, NI/Eire/EU/UK arrangement makes no sense at all, we agree. :smiley:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:
Bearing in mind the EU has no right to any so called EU border in Ireland and as such would negate the CTA.

True, which is why there isnt one. The EU said it didnt want one. It would go against the CTA and the GFA.
Johnson provided the “Magical” Brexit deal…

Carryfast:
While the stipulation for border only clearance would obviously set a precedent of no inland clearance of non EU freight being allowed anywhere within the EU.

Sorry, lost.

If you think the current Brexit, NI/Eire/EU/UK arrangement makes no sense at all, we agree. :smiley:

You obviously don’t agree on the fact that there is no need for any physical border between UK and the EU in Ireland.
When all required freight clearance can be and is done remotely and inland.

Carryfast:
You obviously don’t agree on the fact that there is no need for any physical border between UK and the EU in Ireland.

No, that is nonsense. I reject the statement, that I dont agree that there is no need for a physical border between the UK and Eire on the island of Ireland.* There is in the GFA a stipulation that there is none, and I dont go against that.

(You start double negatives and Ill carry em on)

Franglais:

Carryfast:

No, that is nonsense. I reject the statement, that I dont agree that there is no need for a physical border between the UK and Eire on the island of Ireland.* There is in the GFA a stipulation that there is none, and I dont go against that.

You agree that there’s no need for any physical border between Eire and NI/UK just to clear freight or people movements.
In which case what’s the problem.

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

You agree that there’s no need for any physical border between Eire and NI/UK just to clear freight or people movements.

There are now checks/controls/tariffs between the UK mainland and NI.
Currently there are tariffs on steel, made in the UK being sold in NI.
How can it be right that the UK has internal tariffs because of the Johnson deal?

Because the UK still has not yet complied with it`s responsibilities under the Brexit deal, we could be subject to trade sanctions.

What I dont get is this
If the DUP do not want the border in the Irish sea then where do they want it :question:

Fact;

ROG:
What I dont get is this
If the DUP do not want the border in the Irish sea then where do they want it :question:

I dont think its just the DUP, but…do they want a border anywhere?
Why should there be a border anywhere inside the UK?

It shows that the “oven ready deal” which the Gov has been trying to re-negotiate, threaten to break international law on, ever since signing it and telling us how wonderful it is, is just a fudge.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

How can it be right that the UK has internal tariffs because of the Johnson deal?

Because the UK still has not yet complied with it`s responsibilities under the Brexit deal, we could be subject to trade sanctions.

So why the need for the ‘internal tarrifs’ and exactly what ‘responsibilities’ are you referring to.

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

So why the need for the ‘internal tarrifs’ and exactly what ‘responsibilities’ are you referring to.

It`s all part of the Johnson “oven ready” Brexit deal.
The one we were told was marvelous etc. The one the gov has not yet honoured, and been moaning about and been trying to re-negotiate ever since.

bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-62672105
euractiv.com/section/uk-eur … ents-bill/

Bit of a change…
Will Braverman be a short serving Home Secretary…Twice!
Will she be in post this time next week?

Franglais:

Carryfast:

It`s all part of the Johnson “oven ready” Brexit deal.
The one we were told was marvelous etc. The one the gov has not yet honoured, and been moaning about and been trying to re-negotiate ever since.

bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-62672105
euractiv.com/section/uk-eur … ents-bill/

It’s actually obviously all part of the EU claiming an illegal physical EU border across Ireland regarding freight movement and clearance.As economic leverage and blackmail against a seceded member state.
By definition our responsibilities regarding EU membership ceased at the point when we left and ceased being a member state.
Being a closet Lib Dem and Remainer Boris obviously played along with the scam.

Sunak and COP27 - is he right or wrong to go? In my opinion, he was right to choose not to go in the first place, and wrong to do a u-turn. After all, the meeting is supposed to be about the ‘climate crisis’, the environment, pollution and all that, so why have hundreds of delegates and their entourages flying in from around the world, when we have the miracle of video conferencing? On top of the hypocrisy and expense of that, there’s the question (and expense) of security for them all at a time when most of the world is feeling the pinch financially. Still, when it comes to getting a short break in a luxury hotel in a warm country, at the taxpayers expense, what does that matter?

fodenway:
. Still, when it comes to getting a short break in a luxury hotel in a warm country, at the taxpayers expense, what does that matter?

At least that’s one thing we don’t need to worry about him. Being worth £730M (twice that of our king) I don’t think he’ll be swayed by any taxpayer funded freebies.