RIP Friend.

Yesterday a driver and mate died doing the job he loved. He was involved in an accident on the A19. :cry: :cry:

RIP Brian,one of lifes true gentlemen.

Very sad. Condolences.

The one on the A19 with the tractor? I wondered what had happened as there was hardly anything on the local news

Yeah, that`s the one. Beggars belief something like farm machinery is allowed on what is basically a two lane motorway.
Noticed very little on the news sites.

very sad indeed. condolences

thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l … l_vehicle/

I wonder if the sprayer driver did the traditional trick of seeing the lorry approaching, and pulled out anyway? Very common around here, almost a two finger gesture from Farmer Giles.

dowahdiddyman:
Beggars belief something like farm machinery is allowed on what is basically a two lane motorway.

Sad to hear that … but within your comment above its a bit like saying what the hell is a truck doing at 50 on a motorway where traffic is allowed up to 70 … loss of concentration ■■

RIP fella

Is this the lomas lad? His nephew ( I think) posted news of his passing on twitter with photos of him from a couple of weeks ago when he used his lorry for a gala.
Very sad my thoughts are with the family

yorkshire terrier:
Is this the lomas lad? His nephew ( I think) posted news of his passing on twitter with photos of him from a couple of weeks ago when he used his lorry for a gala.

Yeah,that`s the one. Very sad.

dowahdiddyman:

yorkshire terrier:

Yeah,that`s the one. Very sad.

Sounded like a bloke who took pride in the job and a jolly decent fella
Sadly it seems fate takes away good folk and good folk and good colleagues are getting hard to find these days :frowning:
Hope you all give him a belting send off sounds like he deserves one.

I know i take the â– â– â– â–  about the speed of Lomas trucks but this is truly sad and shocking news!!!
Sorry to hear it was one of your friends Mark.
R.I.P Drive.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Always depressing to hear of a fatality. Sincere condolences to all who have been affected. Difficult, I know, but keep yer chin up DDman. :frowning:

Sorry to hear this condolences to family & friends

Sorry to hear yet another driver being killed just doing his job. RIP. Yet another incident involving a farm vehicle on a bust dual c/way. Should slow moving tractors, many without amber beacons, or even lights at all, be travelling on fast roads like the A19? Very sad.

Assuming the tractor was just travelling along minding his own business, anyone behind should have adequate eyesight to spot him/her, beacons or not.

Cotswoldcrunch:
Assuming the tractor was just travelling along minding his own business, anyone behind should have adequate eyesight to spot him/her, beacons or not.

I agree. If hes hit him from behind he would probably had the sprayer in eyeshot for a fair while.

RIP

Cotswoldcrunch:

Yeah well perhaps we are not all perfect. Wish people would stop putting crap like this up. Something,on this occasion went horribly wrong with awful,fatal consequences.

dowahdiddyman:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Yeah well perhaps we are not all perfect. Wish people would stop putting crap like this up. Something,on this occasion went horribly wrong with awful,fatal consequences.

It’s only crap because you don’t want to believe it. As you yourself put it; We’re not perfect. Just unfortunate your mate didn’t get away with it.

Im staggered that yet again some on this post find the need to use it as an opportunity to attempt to score cheap points provoke arguments and make various childish remarks

A man has lost his life, a family has lost a loved one, friends have lost a friend.

You dont see in books of condolence inane remarks a post like this should be surly treated as a book of condolence or is that to civil

May the guy rest in peace and his family and friends draw comfort from their memories of him.

RIP chap

Cotswoldcrunch:

Assuming? How can anyone assume anything about this accident? Almost nothing is known!
Have some compassion you â– â– â– â– â–