RIP April

It’s not a matter of if he did it or not.
the stupid part is pretending that torturing will help find the truth.
eg. if a person is innocent you can torture him all you want and all that happens is that at some point he will admit to the offence just to stop the torture.
if a man is guilty the same applies.
end result you are nowhere nearer knowing the truth.
The only possible exception is if the guilty told you where to find the body etc. and even then the innocent could still make up some story about the disposal of the body that cannot be disproven.

del949:
the stupid part is pretending that torturing will help find the truth.
The only possible exception is if the guilty told you where to find the body etc.

^ This is probably the way forward in that all that’s needed to both find the victim and prove the suspect’s guilt is that evidence above all else.In which case it’s obviously bringing in the military to use the best techniques available in a war type situation that would be the best option. :bulb:

wisegeek.com/does-truth-seru … -exist.htm

The landlord in the Joanna Yates case was an eccentric nutcase who thought he was smart and basically offered himself up as the prime suspect. Bet he won’t do that again!
5 minutes of water boarding (which will not injure him) and he would give up everything he knows (unless he is not scared of drowning)
There are very few occasions when something like this should be done but I think this should be one of them.

Water boarding has been used as the results are practically garunteed, if they don’t give it up for that then they are probably innocent.

There are many cases of injustice where innocent people have been convicted on
" ireffefutable" evidence that the police have obtained.
Giving them the right to torture would simply increase the numbers of such incidents.
There may be a legitmate case for such things as truth drugs being used, if they are shown to work reliably.
Would you trust the police with this kind of tool?

Use of any “enhanced methods of interrogation” would need to be witnessed/observed by a judicial authority higher than the police but there will always be those that don’t agree and/or campaign against so the idea is a straightforward non starter.
Meanwhile a kiddie may be almost dead in a hole in the forest unless…the prime suspect tells us where she is. Back to square 1.

del949:
There may be a legitmate case for such things as truth drugs being used, if they are shown to work reliably.
Would you trust the police with this kind of tool?

I don’t think the police would be up to the professionalism required at this level del it’s obviously the type of situation where if there’s chance of it working and a 1% chance of finding the victim alive or 99% chance of the opposite at least it would provide closure and prove wether the suspect is guilty or not.Which in the circumstances I don’t think anyone would have any complaints,except the most extreme liberal do gooders about bringing in the military in this case to at least use everything commonly used and available in their arsenal to try to get the required information.

the maoster:
If April was my daughter I’d ■■■■■, hack, cut or shoot my way through 1000 “innocent” men to bring her back to me.

And the families of the 999 truly innocent men get justice how? The big problem with an “eye for an eye” is the number of blind people created. For all it’s flaws, and goodness knows there are plenty, our justice system is all we have to address these, thankfully very rare, heinous crimes.

One good thing is its comments like those on this thread and the reporting in the media that make this an even more heinous crime than it was last week, last year, last century.
Make no mistake, paedophilia has been around for a very long time and some even say that it was more prevelant in the past than it is today. The more disgusting this crime is made to sound by the more public outrage vented the better IMO. It may make the filthy ■■■■■■ think twice and supress their urges.

It will never suppress a paedo’s urges as they think they are doing no wrong, it’s the ones that go on to kill their victims for whatever reason that should in my opinion once proved beyond any doubt whatsoever be given the rope, but preferably be put in the centre of an enclosed area and 100 mothers let loose on him.

The best torture is the silent treatment , just stare at the throbber , his mind will start to talk for him, If this individual is charged , then why keep the [zb] alive , same as that sicko huntley and any others , they have no place in society at all , 40p bullet to the head End Ex for throbber and we save some cash. Result :smiley:

OTS:
The best torture is the silent treatment , just stare at the throbber , his mind will start to talk for him, If this individual is charged , then why keep the [zb] alive , same as that sicko huntley and any others , they have no place in society at all , 40p bullet to the head End Ex for throbber and we save some cash. Result :smiley:

Instead of that, we’l have to pay to keep him alive at about 80 grand a year until he dies in the slammer!
Im still of the oppinion that if this mickey mouse country had the death penalty then these twisted pieces of excrement would think twice!

and that would no doubt include those that have been convicted of murder and subsquently cleared.

del949:
and that would no doubt include those that have been convicted of murder and subsquently cleared.

Ive already thought about that del, it would obviously have to be 100% clear cut, maybe conclusive DNA evidence or some such method .

death penalty in the US doesn’t seem to have stopped murders.
Why would it be different here?

I don’t hate Mark Bridger, same as I cannot bring myself to hate Ian Huntley, Thomas Hamilton, Ian Brady, Myra Hindley, or any one of countless 1000’s of others.

I pity them.

I reserve my hatred for the system, the politicians, the civil servants, the law enforcers & the doctors that conspire to allow these people the freedom to live amongst us.

There is no cure for what these people suffer from, I don’t even think we fully understand the full nature of the condition. But I’m convinced that we can identify them at a stage before it’s all too late.

del949:

The Death Penalty in the US is a joke. Most sit on so called Death Row for years on end so these pieces of crap still get to have a life. If you are found guilty of such crimes with conclusive evidence, and are given the death penalty then shoot them the same day.

del949:

Yeah your right del. f it, we’l just keep them in free bed and board for the foreseable instead then all at the expense of yours truly, after all, these types are so worth the trouble, time, expense and effort to keep alive eh. :unamused: :unamused:
Just shoot the ■■■■■■■■ FFS.

the maoster:
So yeah, i stand totally behind my original post, and I’m shocked that someone as outspoken as yourself in relation to an entire segment of society (travellers) suddenly becomes such a bleedin hearted liberal when the life of a young, vulnerable, and by all accounts very ill little girl is hanging in the balance!

I know that passions run high at times like this, I have children myself, but I don’t think I could be described as a bleeding heart liberal simply for saying that arrest is not proof of guilt, that anyone arrested for any crime, no matter how heinous, is entitled to a fair trial before his or her guilt can be assumed or that torture is not an acceptable (or reliable) way to obtain a confession.

This is what raises us above a 1930s Mississippi lynch mob, the USSR in the 1950s or a modern-day banana republic.

I wonder if the surviving family of Derek Bentley want the death penalty re-introduced. they are probably better qualified than most on it’s pros and cons.