rights

considering income protection insurance now after learning my lesson big time when working for an agency,i realise now if you injure yourself you are on your own,you are just a number to them,i am now at home with a fractured wrist in a cast,[right arm]after falling backwards while tripping on two rubber chocks in the depot I work out of,no income at all and having to rely on whats left of my savings,so my question is this,do any other drivers have said income protection insurance and are they any good as I am looking for a good one to go with for future problems I may encounter,any that are reasonable every month[pricewise]I have been told the accident was my fault as we were shown trip hazards on the assessment,personally I agree as i felt quite stupid after falling as I did not look behind me,the worst part is the bloody itchings started already in the cast,driving me mad,lol

don’t agencies pay ‘sick money’? can they find you an office job until you recover?

I’ve got insurance but have never had to use it yet fortunately. I’ve got one covering accident, sickness and unemployment which will pay my mortgage every month plus leave me with an extra few quid to keep spare to cover other things if I’m out of work due to one of the above. Doesn’t pay what I would get as a full wage, but would be enough to keep me going. Plus I have critical illness cover, which should I be diagnosed with something which would stop me working permanently or a terminal illness, my mortgage gets paid off in full. Not any use to me if I’m in a wooden box, but at least the Mrs and daughter would have the security of a house that is fully paid for. The financial advisor in my bank seems to reckon they are decent policies I have with a good level of cover which they couldn’t beat when they tried.

So have you done something in any way blameworthy to cause the trip? or perhaps in a state of shock said it was your fault? The owners of the site on which this occurred have a legal obligation to officially report the incident. Do not feel that you have any duty towards them; it may well have been that they failed in their duty towards you. At the end of the day any financial liability the company incurs will be borne by their insurance company - you owe them nothing.

You have had a personal injury accident at work resulting in hospital treatment. Unless you were either in a prohibited area or playing the fool then you stand a good chance of compensation; you need to speak to someone like Citizens Advice or if in a Union contact them. Do Not delay.

tameside.gov.uk/workplace/accidents

Well if it’s any interest to you Barclays dublin insuranance were brilliant with me I didn’t Evan know I had investigater came to house seen I was jenuine they were brilliant regards rward

carryfast-yeti:
don’t agencies pay ‘sick money’? can they find you an office job until you recover?

not this agency they don’t give a ■■■■,you are bums on seats to them that’s all

cav551:
So have you done something in any way blameworthy to cause the trip? or perhaps in a state of shock said it was your fault? The owners of the site on which this occurred have a legal obligation to officially report the incident. Do not feel that you have any duty towards them; it may well have been that they failed in their duty towards you. At the end of the day any financial liability the company incurs will be borne by their insurance company - you owe them nothing.

You have had a personal injury accident at work resulting in hospital treatment. Unless you were either in a prohibited area or playing the fool then you stand a good chance of compensation; you need to speak to someone like Citizens Advice or if in a Union contact them. Do Not delay.

I was jet washing the unit and walking backwards when I tripped on the chocks

rward:
Well if it’s any interest to you Barclays dublin insuranance were brilliant with me I didn’t Evan know I had investigater came to house seen I was jenuine they were brilliant regards rward

cheers will look them up

truckman020:
…learning my lesson big time when working for an agency…

I thought agency work was the dog’s danglies? :laughing:

As cav551 says, Citizens Advice are pretty damned good, and not nearly as lightweight as some people like to think.
Most solicitors will give you a half-hour or so initial consultation for free - go to a few on this basis and compare notes/advice?
Might be an idea to sneak onto site and take some photos of as much incriminating evidence (hazards, obstacles, ANYTHING) as you can. (even “arrange” the area a little to suit) :sunglasses: It can only help and strengthen your case.
Once again, as cav says - DO NOT DELAY!!!

Good luck with it mate - get the bit between yer teeth and give em a bloody fight theyll remember. :wink:

Contra - Not what he needs right now, really. Get yer drift, but your still a naughty chimp. :slight_smile:

cav551:

This !

Why weren’t the rubber chocks you tripped over stowed away ?

Man doesn’t pay attention and trips over an obstacle. Man is very honest and quite rightly says it was his own fault.

Certain blame culture bellends try to demonise the company. Get a grip. Not EVERYTHING is someone elses fault.

Although not really shocked at moron123’s response. He is a big fan of scrounging.

Ramon123:
Why weren’t the rubber chocks you tripped over stowed away ?

Exactly, and why weren’t you wearing your bubble-wrap suit, truckman020?

eagerbeaver:
Man doesn’t pay attention and trips over an obstacle. Man is very honest and quite rightly says it was his own fault.

Certain blame culture bellends try to demonise the company. Get a grip. Not EVERYTHING is someone elses fault.

Although not really shocked at moron123’s response. He is a big fan of scrounging.

Phew! someones a little aerated! Conversely, not EVERYTHING is ones own fault either. No-one but the o/p knows the whole truth - best not make assumptions, eh? just a thought - have you ever tripped over something that shouldn`t have been there?

Ive tripped over allsorts.

Wine gums,smarties etc. But ive also got a pair of eyes. If I don’t use them its my own stupid fault.
I don’t need to know the full story. The op said its his own fault. Why should I doubt him?

eagerbeaver:
Ive tripped over allsorts.

Wine gums,smarties etc. But ive also got a pair of eyes. If I don’t use them its my own stupid fault.
I don’t need to know the full story. The op said its his own fault. Why should I doubt him?

I still bet the trip hazard assessment didn`t show rubber chocks left in the footfall area though. Ah well, what will be…

You must be a really messy eater to spill so many sweeties :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

And here it is;eagerbellsplash,my stalker,follows me around like the little lapdog it is,a wind instrument of monumental proportions.

Failed it’s Class 2 test 5 times BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can’t stop laughing :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: And slags off other learners starting off in the game.

Yet he’s Mr Knowitall;how the British Haulage Industry survived for so long without this towering imbecile,is one of life’s mystery’s :question:

The accident may well be reportable under RIDDOR the HSE website can help.
Have you had an induction, has the activity you were carrying out been risk assessed and have you signed to say you understand the risk assessment and your obligations under it.
If not I would suggest you seek advice as at the end of the day it was an accident at work and you should not be sitting at home unable to work and not being paid.
Its admirable that you feel you are to blame totally or partially but with the way its been handled what’s to stop it happening again to yourself or anybody else.
I am not sure of your employment status but but if you are not limited co./sole trader then the liability lies elsewhere and you should pursue this.

Stalker lol. More like observant. Are you not the knob who backed that other parasite muddascrounger for coming on here bragging about us all paying for his class 2? Yep thought so. And now you are trying to encourage a guy who freely admits making a mistake to screw some compo? Gain some dignity bellend.

For factual purposes,i failed C 3 times,and passed CE first time. Its well documented on here. Perhaps you should dry your eyes in order for them to function correctly.