rights

PMSL. Toffee or salted?

You injured yourself at your work place…EVERY task in that work place has, in law, to be risk assessed. You will get all the information you require at HSE.gov.uk/riddor yours was a reportable incident, slips trips and falls are the responsibility of the employer to ensure they dont happen, in that they have to promote a safe system/place of work…hopefully you were not responsible for putting the chocks where they where…if you were not, then you most certainly have a claim for compensation. I am in the union and had a similar experience and unite lawyers took it on and won hands down (pardon the pun)

I don’t see where he has said it was his own fault or even partially so. Even if he did say so at the the time, people say strange and silly things when suffering from shock. No doubt an unscrupulous company would try to entice an injured person to admit fault. He has broken his wrist which makes it a reportable accident under RIDDOR. It makes no difference whether he is employed, self employed, or a ltd. co. contractor the accident happened on the premises of the company whose responsibility it is; it merely changes which box to tick.

If however he is S/E or ltd co and was using his own equipment (power washer) or the chocks were his own property then things would be different. Likewise if he had tripped over the power washer or its hose while walking backwards then he would be at fault.

cav551:
I don’t see where he has said it was his own fault or even partially so.

Presumably you didn’t bother to read the very first post, where he stated:

I have been told the accident was my fault as we were shown trip hazards on the assessment,personally I agree

The OP is an agency driver and should’ve know that there’s no sick pay scheme for agency drivers except SSP. That’s why is always a good idea to bank a percentage of income as a contingency for such things

eagerbeaver:
Stalker lol. More like observant. Are you not the knob who backed that other parasite muddascrounger for coming on here bragging about us all paying for his class 2? Yep thought so. And now you are trying to encourage a guy who freely admits making a mistake to screw some compo? Gain some dignity bellend.

For factual purposes,i failed C 3 times,and passed CE first time. Its well documented on here. Perhaps you should dry your eyes in order for them to function correctly.

Pipe down 5 times ! 5 times Bwhahahahahaha :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I asked why weren’t the chocks stowed away,fair question,imho

You seem to know quite a bit about " screwing for compo " you lego headed simpleton,what did you put a claim in for ? Did you do your back in when coupling up to your boyfriends back door,stalker boy ? PMSL…

■■■■■■■:
As cav551 says, Citizens Advice are pretty damned good, and not nearly as lightweight as some people like to think.
Most solicitors will give you a half-hour or so initial consultation for free - go to a few on this basis and compare notes/advice?
Might be an idea to sneak onto site and take some photos of as much incriminating evidence (hazards, obstacles, ANYTHING) as you can. (even “arrange” the area a little to suit) :sunglasses: It can only help and strengthen your case.
Once again, as cav says - DO NOT DELAY!!!

Good luck with it mate - get the bit between yer teeth and give em a bloody fight theyll remember. :wink:

Contra - Not what he needs right now, really. Get yer drift, but your still a naughty chimp. :slight_smile:

been in touch with the solicitors and I am going to see where it goes from there,cheers anyway

Contraflow:

truckman020:
…learning my lesson big time when working for an agency…

I thought agency work was the dog’s danglies? :laughing:

shows how wrong you can be,i certainly learnt my lesson,once this is over I will go all out to look for full time

Where OP put this :

I have been told the accident was my fault as we were shown trip hazards on the assessment,personally I agree

It depends on if shown physically or just on a piece of paper. Also was that particular hazard highlighted or just general trips?

Decent solicitor will get a claim, unfortunate climate we are in but hey ho.

Personally if I have accident I just think idiot me. However if it started to affect my family’s life due to no income then sorry but I’d think about claiming as well and have a good tinhat [emoji57] for saying so on here

Scammell 1951:
You injured yourself at your work place…EVERY task in that work place has, in law, to be risk assessed

Not true, yet!

You have to risk assess work processes but not every task and any that are deemed to warrant further protection are required to have full risk assessment where the task is laid out in a SSoW.

Currently not every task has to be. If a firm has a trend in accidents of a certain type then they would move that task into SSoW.

If a firm can show reasonable practicable precautions then they are normally covered but it’s a very subjective area is risk assessing for the manager doing them

Lego head lol!! (I love lego).Actually I am currently considering a claim.

Its against your Mum for allowing a ■■■ like you to exist ROFL.

eagerbeaver:

quite a coincidence that,i was thinking the same about a prick like you,hopefully the same may happen to you one day,heres hoping

Typical agency. No creativity. No humour. Nothing to offer.

At least not on a permanent basis. PMSL.

truckman020:

Contraflow:

truckman020:

shows how wrong you can be,i certainly learnt my lesson,once this is over I will go all out to look for full time

Hallelluya ,there is hope :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

Oh dear !

5 times :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: (see what I did there ?) using the old Mum jokes. :blush:

Haven’t you got any homework to do,you total ar$e pocket ? LMAO…

Apologies truckman for hijacking your thread with " juvenile banter ".

I’d posted a comment to you & my stalker eagerbellshine aka 5 times also posted his comment,yet he just had to have a snide dig at me as well,when there was absolutely no need to.I’ve obviously got under his skin,I kind of feel sorry for the poor,obsessed fat shed - But what can you do ?

Once again,my apologies.And good luck with whatever action you take (or don’t take)… :wink:

Ramon123:
Apologies truckman for hijacking your thread with " juvenile banter ".

I’d posted a comment to you & my stalker eagerbellshine aka 5 times also posted his comment,yet he just had to have a snide dig at me as well,when there was absolutely no need to.I’ve obviously got under his skin,I kind of feel sorry for the poor,obsessed fat shed - But what can you do ?

Once again,my apologies.And good luck with whatever action you take (or don’t take)… :wink:

thanks chap

eagerbeaver:
Typical agency. No creativity. No humour. Nothing to offer.

At least not on a permanent basis. PMSL.

you are a very sad little man eagerbeaver,if you have nothing intelligent to say stay off the site

Hope you get better soon and back to work truckman, no fun having no income. I would enquire about a claim though and you should have been made to fill in an accident at work form no matter whose site your were on. You have seen the advert “Had an accident at work?” call national-accident-helpline what have you got to lose they will either say yes or no but I agree with the other poster that the chocks should have been stowed away.

Contraflow:

truckman020:

Your name and some others are seen constantly attacking agency workers…

It’s swings and roundabouts. Of course I’d love to have a proper job, but as a 20 year old with a sub-standard licence, the agency is paying my rent and food. The whole agency vs. full-time tirade doesn’t seem to take into account the fact that we’re all drivers, we all have lives, and we all need money.

Neither you nor me are adding to the discussion in any way now, but that seems to be the norm when anyone mentions The Agency (of Tyrants)