Ridiculous or what?

I have a scenario for you guys. A lorry driver is driving along a dual carriageway in the inside lane slightly under the speed limit in his 44t artic. A smaller 7.5 tonner comes down a slip road to join the dual carriageway, the driver of the smaller vehicle is not paying attention and collides into the side of the artic causing substantial damage to the larger vehicle.
Who is to blame??

puddlejumper. Slip road is there to match your speed to existing traffic and merge safely. You’re welcome :slight_smile:

The lorry coming down the slip road because the markings on the slip road mean give way

I’m not assuming that “you” personally were driving the puddlejumper, either.

The 7.5 driver is to blame from my understanding - traffic already on the road has priority.

artic driver, should have moved over and stopped being a selfish ■■■■ :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

puddlejumper.

chances are the 7.5 tonne driver has only ever been trained to drive a car so drives it as he was a car i.e. like a ■■■■■

rivits:
I have a scenario for you guys. A lorry driver is driving along a dual carriageway in the inside lane slightly under the speed limit in his 44t artic. A smaller 7.5 tonner comes down a slip road to join the dual carriageway, the driver of the smaller vehicle is not paying attention and collides into the side of the artic causing substantial damage to the larger vehicle.
Who is to blame??

7.5t driver to blame. To do this you would have to not check mirror, blind spot or look right at all. Failure to even see an artic should result in loss of license IMHO

Slip roads are a give way not a right of way

Was the artic driver wearing a hi-vis?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The artic driver was found to be non fault by his employers insurers, the law is quite clear on how to join a dual carraigeway. He could not change lane as other motorists were overtaking him, He didn’t fancy jumping on his brakes either just in case some motorist was right up his tail so what do you think the outcome was■■?

If the artic was a Stobart or East European it’s obviously his fault and 27 pages worth on here :grimacing:

The artic driver is up in front of the Kangaroo Court tomorrow for a discilpilnary for not doing enough to avoid tha accident. His truck had a forward facing camera which his employers are using against HIM!!! And of course all the ■■■■■■■■■ calling the shots have never sat their arse in a truck in their lives but they know it all!!!

From a managers point of view you’re both at fault because you’re both ‘professional drivers’:lol:

Stobarts fault. End of.

Although I agree here on the use of slip roads let’s swap the vehicles round ,if a artic was coming down the slip road and the 7.5 tonner didn’t move over out of curtesy there’d be a post on here ■■■■■■■■ the 7.5 tonner driver for not moving over ,I move when ever I can if only for self preservation or curtesy ,there’s plenty of times I need not do .

The disciplinary action is why drivers need legal representation, however there is such a thing as defensive driving, which means trying to avoid an incident even if it’s the other driver who his in the wrong. Most of us probably do this in one way or another many times each day.

Legally, there’s no arguement/discussion. The lines at the end of a slip-road are giveway ones, end of!

Dan Punchard:
Although I agree here on the use of slip roads let’s swap the vehicles round ,if a artic was coming down the slip road and the 7.5 tonner didn’t move over out of curtesy there’d be a post on here ■■■■■■■■ the 7.5 tonner driver for not moving over ,I move when ever I can if only for self preservation or curtesy ,there’s plenty of times I need not do .

In that scenario, if I in my artic was coming down a slip and the 7.5 tonner (or any vehicle for that matter) didn’t move over I’d simply slow down and slot in behind. Once behind him I’d either see the vehicles beside him that prevented him moving over and think “fair play”, or I’d see that nothing was beside him and think “berk”.

Either way I’d not lose any sleep over a non incident that happens a thousand times a day.

Thank you David