Richard Long?

Anyone had any experiance? or know anything about them?.

Good to work for or not so good?.

Sorry cant help you, but have always wanted to know what he is like.

However i was once told, that he takes alot of are old machinery to Poland, and brings new stuff back from the Class factory in Germany, dont know how true this is though, also that they were away for about 3 weeks,again dont know how true so dont quote me on it.
Sorry thats its not much help.

Heres a pic, hope we are on about the same company??

http://groups.msn.com/lorryphotos/scania.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3307

Yeh Mad thats the one i,ve got an interview with them i,ve never done continental but i suppose theres a first time for everything.

The wagons all look top class.

Good luck with the interview. Keep us posted on how things go. :wink:

Ive always thought that the lorries look great, and that type of work has always interested me, especially the Combines.

Good luck

Cheers MAD :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Good luck with the interview :smiley:

oh my god is that a real name? pmsl

nearly as bad as richard head

good luck tho

Hi Jammy

I see lots of his units on the A50 pulling new JCB’s out of … JCB Uttoxeter or Rocester. Should be plenty of distance work. They always look smart and Dutch? registered.

Good luck

Calv

It’s been a while since I was over the water but all the Richard Long drivers I spoke to reckoned the job was a good one if you were happy to be away from home for 3 weeks plus.

Going back 5 years or so they use to do a lot of spain (which was where I met them) but just like everybody else the job has changed.

Now I’m on a low-loader it seems that everyone else with one wants to chat to you and that includes Long’s drivers.

They now go into eastern europe with all our old tat and load back from germany/holland with new kit for the UK… Still a good job by the sound of it but as usual it’s the time away from home that puts most people off.

Cheers
Neilf

I see most of them loading out of JCB when we are in there, but maybe Jammy will have to learn a new language if he wants to talk to all the drivers :stuck_out_tongue:

Never been told direct, but allways been under the impresion that regulations are not to be strictly adhered to. Though you allways get these sort of stories via the blokes that have left, so huge pinches of salt may be taken :wink:
Good luck anyway :smiley:

Or… if its plant etc abroad that you want to do, try Walkers of Tuxford. They do tractors to Italy

Martin

highbridge flyer:
Or… if its plant etc abroad that you want to do, try Walkers of Tuxford. They do tractors to Italy

Martin

I was hoping for more than £5.25 an hour…thasts what they were paying last time i phoned.

I have never met the guy, but have spoken to him a few times & about him many times.
The Guy’s a total @@@@@@.
I was only talking about him to someone a few weeks ago.
The guy had been doing some work for him & got so fed up with the rudeness & ignorance that he sabotaged the job.
Nice looking trucks Pratt of an owner.

They still do a lot of Spain as I see a couple of them nearly every week.

jammymutt:

highbridge flyer:

Martin

I was hoping for more than £5.25 an hour…thasts what they were paying last time i phoned.

Think you may find its a bit more now mate. One of our drivers has just gone back to work for him

daxi:
I have never met the guy, but have spoken to him a few times & about him many times.
The Guy’s a total @@@@@@.
I was only talking about him to someone a few weeks ago.
The guy had been doing some work for him & got so fed up with the rudeness & ignorance that he sabotaged the job.
Nice looking trucks Pratt of an owner.

Yes mate thats the sort of line that i’ve allways heard. 1guy i used to work with at Yare h, reckoned you’d be better off at mathew’s, ithink he ment trevor’s and not bernards :open_mouth: and thats really is saying something :wink:

Has he been in truble with the Ministry in the past, as one of his customers I was talking to claimed he was Dutch registered because “this allowed him to operate over length low loader trailers in the U.K.” which is a load of testicles, as low loaders don’t come under the normal C&U regs.

As far as I know he went Dutch when everyone else did & for the same reasons. Cheaper fuel etc.
He advertises for staff a lot, but never, from what I have seen under his own name, just a phone number.
The first time I came into contact with him was via one of those adverts. It just said HGV drivers no name, no type of work, just call…at…
When I phoned up he was a total pig, it seemed as I had no experience in his type of work he did not want me phoning up & wasting his time.
I have worked for loud mouthed pillocks like him before & had no intension’s of doing so again & told him so.
To mis quote Sir Les Patterson if anyone wants to listen to an [ZB] they would be better of [ZB] then working for him & having to put up with his zb.

Naughty naughty :unamused: minor language edits…Rikki

I take the advice of people on this site literally quite a lot of the time so i think ill be cancelling the interview thanks for the input folks.

P.S. they are looking for a driver in the LSeaford area if anyone wants it i dont think ill be going for it.

richard longs have some cracking lorries but if you the euro work with tem watch them cos they are low…
i saw them on the southampton to cherbourge ferry once and the drive didnt lift the suspension and ripped both fuel tanks coming off the ferry.