Richard Long?

Interview cancelled thansk for the input folks.

jammymutt:
Interview cancelled thansk for the input folks.

definately a good idea jammy, longs have got through some drivers over the last few years, the owner is a real grump and demands too much for too little, some of the drivers are now placing bets on new recruits as to how long they will last.

if you want a crack at international work look for something a little easier than flat work pulling tractors etc.

you could try to track down a subby on for ab texel - they do box trailers pulling potatoes out of france back to the walkers crisp factory at leicester or if your really interested in an easy way in pm me and i’ll give you a contact that can get you some agency work on holland and belgium for a decent company that don’t demand too much, run decent tackle and will look after you properly.

ive worked for Richard long now for several months and the guy is the most rude foul mouthed horrible person going as with his so called wife in the office! both are horrendous creatures. but the work is good and im home every weekend either on the Saturday or Friday. once you are on the road you usually left alone to get on with things the bad side is when you return to the yard. a lot of Bulgarian and polish and Romanian drivers for him now as he seems to have ruined a lot of the local good English drivers. what ever you hear about him is probably true but with the nice units and decent work across Europe and UK you can expect as an English driver to be on around £1000-£1300 every 2 weeks, don’t know what he pays the immigrants. he goes through a lot of drivers as most don’t realise the amount of work involved or don’t want to get out the cabs. I enjoy the job just a shame about the office staff and the longs themselves. not a career but defiantly a good way to save up some cash etc gain the experience then move on.

Holy thread revival

Driver-Once-More:
Holy thread revival

Ha! Ha! Does show though that if you give someone a ‘nice’ wagon and pay them what in these 'ard times is considered a good wage then you can abuse them as much as you like allegedly!

All the time people accept the behaviour of the Longs they will continue to behave like that. I went for an interview some years ago and decided against working for them for that reason.

They must be getting desperate ,
At one time mrs long wouldn’t employ drivers wearing flip flops and track suit bottoms .