Richard long bv

whats this guy like?thinkin about tryin them for a job doin euro any info would be good .wages,hours.weeks away,

I spoke to them ages ago, and the bloke i spoke to had a serious attitude problem, he was like why would i want to employ you. :imp:

Decent kit, but i think you are away 6 weeks at a time, and i have no idea about the money

if the rumour mill is to be believed, they have laid off quite a few, maybe more to come, and have definitely put many on traction out of felixstowe recently - the slump in building will hurt if you’re so closely tied to JCB i suppose

oh, and what daleyboy said - absolutely true

I havent a clue about this company but WTF is the deal with this employer if he has an attitude with anybody who wants a job?? Does he really think he is something special in the industry??

Have followed a few posts about this company and alot of them seem to suggest the same thing…that this guy has a serious attitude problem with the drivers he employs!! Weird!! :open_mouth:

Why would you have an established company and a big contract (JCB) and treat your employees like (ZB)■■

every one of their driver I have talked to don’t like working for the company, I haven’t spoken to all of them, but I get the feeling it’s not a great job.
Nice looking fleet though

jimti:
…, but I get the feeling it’s not a great job.
Nice looking fleet though

Maybe you have hit the proverbial nail on the head there jimti!!!

Some drivers will put up with all sorts of (zb) and crap wages if it means they get to drive a smart (in their opinion!!) looking truck and travel into Europe!!! :unamused: :unamused:

Its a shame that some employers cannot, or do not feel they can be themselves in the transport industry. They should work under this premise…approach determines response :wink:

i am of the belief that if one person ‘badmouths’ someone or a company, its personal, if 2 or 3 do, maybe that too is personal but no smoke and all that, but if no one has anything good to say about them, then thats a bad sign! i know a friends freind went for a job there, he lasted a week due to the way he was treated, and i did hear the money is rubbish unless your away for long stretches.

i think wheelnut spoke to a couple of his drivers who were happ enough though i think iirc

im sure i remember someone saying he reads these forums too, if thats the case, maybe the attitude and money will change

from a personal view, knowing what i had learnt before i had internet, i wouldnt enquire about a job with them, perhaps try h c wilsons if you would like to do european abnormal work

jj72,

You are correct that they have laid drivers off, in fact 10 and sold some trucks…then 2 weeks later they are advertising again■■?.

You are only away 6 weeks if you want to be. You are going to get weekend in any European work at some point. This will have been stated to the guys who took the job on, and also will have been told what wage they will get. So why complain about both when you are in the job :confused:

xjrv8:
jj72,

You are correct that they have laid drivers off, in fact 10 and sold some trucks…then 2 weeks later they are advertising again■■?.

You are only away 6 weeks if you want to be. You are going to get weekend in any European work at some point. This will have been stated to the guys who took the job on, and also will have been told what wage they will get. So why complain about both when you are in the job :confused:

just to clarify, i meant the serious attitude problem bit, not the 6 weeks away etc - no idea how they work, nor any wish to know :laughing:

Apparently the industry attract lots of hairy uneducated people (mainly men) loaded with poor communication skills. Many of them end up posing for industry magazines in front of their (finance company’s) trucks, arms folded, bottom lip over top lip wearing a t shirt a size too small.

David H:
Apparently the industry attract lots of hairy uneducated people (mainly men) loaded with poor communication skills. Many of them end up posing for industry magazines in front of their (finance company’s) trucks, arms folded, bottom lip over top lip wearing a t shirt a size too small.

Bitchy :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ha ha ha! Tell me you’ve not worked for someone like that!

Are you suggesting Richard long is one of these?

No. My comment was (toilet wall) general. Why, does he fit the frame or are you his Lord High Protector?

:smiley:

What’s a Lord High Protector?

On a serious note I think it is wrong for drivers to talk about someone when they have no personal experience with the haulage company. As I previously said why moan about a job/wages etc when you knew before hand? Don’t all employers ask why they should take you on instead of the others who applied? They obviously want the best driver.

xjrv8:
:smiley:

Don’t all employers ask why they should take you on instead of the others who applied? They obviously want the best driver.

There is ways and means of asking these questions though without giving the big i am. The way i was spoken to on the phone put me off even sending in my cv for him to look at. If he is like that on the phone imagine working for him

I totally agree with you as Richard is abrupt on the phone, but some people can not communicate over the phone or can communicate with people in person. I personally don’t think that he thinks he is “I am”.

Sounds as If I am his Lord High Protector. :smiley:

:laughing:

didnt he always advertise in truck and driver :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: