RHD ERFs with 5MW cabs

8LXBV8BRIAN:
LV i would say. the doorframe/footwell shape :question: . :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: - :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

+1

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:
Could also be the interior of an early 3MW but I assume there will not be that many features extra on the 5MW, please be invited to taake place behind the steering will, fire her up that ■■■■■■■■■■

Oeps, I gave the wrong picture with also a wrong file-name. Perhaps
I can find the appropriate one soon. Look at screenwipers, sorry

I have a severe backlog in scanning documents and filenames of pictures. The next-coming
weeks I will try to get some gems to the open air and public.

Looking forward to seeing these gems you have ERF Continental.

Tidy one.

DEANB:
Tidy one.

That’s a new image of a 5MW on here! Here it is with a trailer. Robert

Capture6.PNG

I was sent these three pics this morning. This particular unit features often on this thread and has been in preservation for a long time. IIRC, it was a 5MW-cabbed A-series unit from new in 1975, and has a 14l ■■■■■■■ 250 lump, a Fuller 'box and a Jake. I’d love to get behind the wheel!

Apparently, it’s for sale on FB! If I had the resources I’d love to go for it. However, it’s no good asking me for details because I have none; also I’m not on Facebook so I can’t find out so you’ll have to do your own homework if you’re interested - good luck! Robert

I thought the “vertical” grille was a feature of later MWs, but these recent photos show later-reg. lorries with the old-style slatted grille. Was a radiator shutter an option, and vehicles equipped with it did away with the grille panel?

Frampton’s 5MW taken by Paul Gee (posted on DEANB’s Paul Gee thread). Robert

A00105.JPG

A couple more off the Paul Gee thread: 1st pic by Paul Gee; 2nd pic by Marcus Lester. Robert

AU22.JPG
img618.jpg

One from the Paul Gee / DEANB thread! Robert

2017-07-20%2009.54.13.jpg

[zb]
anorak:
I thought the “vertical” grille was a feature of later MWs, but these recent photos show later-reg. lorries with the old-style slatted grille. Was a radiator shutter an option, and vehicles equipped with it did away with the grille panel?

3300John:

[zb]
anorak:

Hiya
the beresford lorry PVT had an automatic opening option fitted from new. i think that one was a rolls engine…
John

Paul Gee photo posted by DEANB on another thread.

A01673.JPG

Mark Bailey pic, courtesy of the Paul Gee thread.

L0304.JPG

That was mine after framptons finished with it
Tony

tonyj105:
That was mine after framptons finished with it
Tony

Ah yes! You’re the bloke who responded to the posting of this pic on the Paul Gee thread. I’ve cut and pasted your comments below, along with the picture you provided:

my dad bought XYD998N in its later life. It wasn’t that colour when it arrived in Wellingborough ,more like red , white and blue . lovely motor to drive, but had a tendency to boil with any weight on, I used her on mobile homes mostly. I wanted to swap the 220 out of her for the 250 in my wrecked b series, but packed up before I got around to it.
tony

xyd998.jpg