RHD ERFs with 5MW cabs

Morton’s 5MW can be seen behind the Fiat in the pic below. Robert

Morton's 5MW.jpg

1972 show brochure cover. Robert

Here are some excellent reminders that SOME (all RHD) A-series ERFs were fitted with 5MW cabs. The first is a magazine article and this followed by an ERF brochure. Both were posted by DEANB today on the Paul Gee thread. Cheers, Robert

continued…

ERF-NGC-European:

EX-Beresford

One from the Deanb / Paul Gee thread. Robert

L2727p.JPG

Another nice example has turned up on the Paul Gee thread this evening - see below. Colin Wallace kindly informs us that it was owned by Bob James of Rothley. Thanks to Dean, Paul and Colin. Robert

Bob James's 5MW Paul Gee pic.JPG

L4082p.JPG

lhd

robthedog:
lhd

That one’s got a 7MW cab, not a 5MW, Rob :wink: . There’s a thread for 7MWs called ‘ERF European 1975’ but the pic’s already on it. Wasn’t going to say owt but the pic’s at the start of a new page! Cheers - keep 'em coming! Robert

Article.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Article.

Click on pages twice to read.

Thank you for this article! Martin Wilcox really knows his stuff on ERFs and has been an asset to many ERF threads on here. :wink: Robert

Probably the wrong thread and also a picture posted before, but I found this during the week. First time I’ve ever seen an MP cabbed four wheeler ERF though, so thought I’d share.

newmercman:
Probably the wrong thread and also a picture posted before, but I found this during the week. First time I’ve ever seen an MP cabbed four wheeler ERF though, so thought I’d share.

You’re right, they are pretty rare here (they’re UK-reg). These have the MV cab which mostly went on export ERFs. Cheers, Robert

Not a new 5MW to this thread, but a new picture I think! Robert

Here’s one we haven’t seen before (in the background!). Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Here’s one we haven’t seen before (in the background!). Robert

Ah! Peter Bacon’s MW!, it’s a long time since I saw that one.
It used to be a regular sight around his Kings Lynn base. His motors were always very ‘work worn’, being engaged on mostly scrap and waste transport.
I seem to recall some controversy over GV9’s many years ago, after which the company disappeared.

A new picture of ■■■■■’s 5MW as posted by DEANB on the Paul Gee thread today. Robert

L2409p.JPG