RH drive on eastern European plates

There seems to be a new trend in RH drive ex UK/irish trucks running around on various eastern european plates.

Is this the new place to flag out or some other kind of scam?.

Most if the ones I’ve seen appear to be older units on dock traction judging by the trailers they are pulling.

I know a lot of the big Dutch fleets have motors registered in the east but I thought these generally had to leave the country at regular intervals to comply with cabotage rules.

I was just wondering because all of a sudden they seem to be everywhere.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of Bulgarians and Romanians have bought old UK fleet trucks and then camp out in various UK ports, though they mostly seem to concentrate on the Thames ports, and Ramsgate etc and then just do traction work around the UK with ferry trailers. Wether or not they actually leave the UK is another matter, I have no proof either way.

Makes sense if they spend most of their time here to acquire right hand drive. Probably getting ready for the end of cabotage when they can take down stobart.

Nothing new really.

We’ve been driving left hand drive trucks on the continent for years.

Check out super sausage at northampton at weekends, little e-bloc outfit has made an operating center out of it all ex uk wagons

Ex Royal Mail on Romanian plates

Bacon Sandwich:
Nothing new really.

We’ve been driving left hand drive trucks on the continent for years.

I know, but this situation is somewhat new. I dont recall there ever been any British people going to lets say Sweden. buying small fleet vehicles that are getting sold by a Swedish company, then registering them ok UK plates and doing traction only work out of Goteborg. Even the Poles who do traction work out of Immingham/Felixstowe etc are on LHD Polish vehicles, from Poland and definetely not basic fleet spec low roof CF’s or ex Tesco Axor’s etc. This is a new RO/BG phenomenon it would seem.

and there are still folks suprised at s+itty pay ,and haulage rates…then you see this :unamused:

There are English trucks and drivers registered on Dutch, German, French Plates, so its no problem for the East Europeans to do the same. Not is it only about cabbotage, but also to save the registration and Road fund and O licence costs here in the uk, plus vosa will not take their O licence, or driving licence for misdemeanors ( they cant be bothered) and the biggest reason is because they can…they are part of the EU.
We all know that this country is in deep ■■■■, the haulage industry is in deep ■■■■, what with the cost of overheads etc, Vosa dont give a ■■■■, the government dont give a ■■■■, but we are all in it together…and the more foreigners in our industry…the better…cos they get on with it…Thats why Romanian ■■■■■■ are camping, and begging in the poshest parts of london, and our own born and bred citizens are told to move north if they want a council house, foreigners are favoured more, we give billions in aid, to countries who dont need it, and we are skint, we prop up a useless currency, which we dont want, but were skint, The water, gas, electric, and transport are foreign owned, a large majority of companies in the uk, are foreign owned, so they have almost got us where they need us, to collapse this country at will, where they couldnt do it in 2 world wars, we cannot deport those who wish to blow us to kingdom come, we cannot insult our foreign friends, but they can do it to us, this county has been lost, and we have no one to fight for us or its survival, its each to their own when the time comes, when the revolution starts will you be there ■■ i sure as hell will be…for this is MY country…but slowly and surely…i am losing it, but not without a fight…a starting point is to lobby our great government for a referendum on quitting the EU, and/or losing the human rights act which favours terrorists over our own citizens.

Great stuff truckyboy,there are more of us with you than you realise!

truckyboy:
There are English trucks and drivers registered on Dutch, German, French Plates, so its no problem for the East Europeans to do the same. Not is it only about cabbotage, but also to save the registration and Road fund and O licence costs here in the uk, plus vosa will not take their O licence, or driving licence for misdemeanors ( they cant be bothered) and the biggest reason is because they can…they are part of the EU.
We all know that this country is in deep [zb], the haulage industry is in deep [zb], what with the cost of overheads etc, Vosa dont give a [zb], the government dont give a [zb], but we are all in it together…and the more foreigners in our industry…the better…cos they get on with it…Thats why Romanian (zb) are camping, and begging in the poshest parts of london, and our own born and bred citizens are told to move north if they want a council house, foreigners are favoured more, we give billions in aid, to countries who dont need it, and we are skint, we prop up a useless currency, which we dont want, but were skint, The water, gas, electric, and transport are foreign owned, a large majority of companies in the uk, are foreign owned, so they have almost got us where they need us, to collapse this country at will, where they couldnt do it in 2 world wars, we cannot deport those who wish to blow us to kingdom come, we cannot insult our foreign friends, but they can do it to us, this county has been lost, and we have no one to fight for us or its survival, its each to their own when the time comes, when the revolution starts will you be there ■■ i sure as hell will be…for this is MY country…but slowly and surely…i am losing it, but not without a fight…a starting point is to lobby our great government for a referendum on quitting the EU, and/or losing the human rights act which favours terrorists over our own citizens.

+1

+2 Truckyboy

My OP was just an interest as to what the angle was.

I would guess that any RO/BG registered vehicle is subject to the same rules regarding cabotage whether it’s a brand spanking topline or some shagged out UK hack.

I can only conclude that the aim is to avoid UK operator licensing and just ignore cabotage. In that case if you just work away until your caught then if your 5K hack is impounded you just abandon it and start all over again.

Fantastic bit of thinking outside the box if you ask me.

Until there is some kind of accountabilty by big players in this country who work on the “whatevers cheapest” business model then this kind of thing will continue.

Cheers
Neilf

truckyboy:
We all know that this country is in deep [zb], the haulage industry is in deep [zb], what with the cost of overheads etc, Vosa dont give a [zb], the government dont give a [zb], but we are all in it together…and the more foreigners in our industry…the better…cos they get on with it…Thats why Romanian (zb) are camping, and begging in the poshest parts of london, and our own born and bred citizens are told to move north if they want a council house, foreigners are favoured more, we give billions in aid, to countries who dont need it, and we are skint, we prop up a useless currency, which we dont want, but were skint, The water, gas, electric, and transport are foreign owned, a large majority of companies in the uk, are foreign owned, so they have almost got us where they need us, to collapse this country at will, where they couldnt do it in 2 world wars, we cannot deport those who wish to blow us to kingdom come, we cannot insult our foreign friends, but they can do it to us, this county has been lost, and we have no one to fight for us or its survival, its each to their own when the time comes, when the revolution starts will you be there ■■ i sure as hell will be…for this is MY country…but slowly and surely…i am losing it, but not without a fight…a starting point is to lobby our great government for a referendum on quitting the EU, and/or losing the human rights act which favours terrorists over our own citizens.

+1

neilf:
There seems to be a new trend in RH drive ex UK/irish trucks running around on various eastern european plates.

Most if the ones I’ve seen appear to be older units on dock traction judging by the trailers they are pulling.

I know a lot of the big Dutch fleets have motors registered in the east but I thought these generally had to leave the country at regular intervals to comply with cabotage rules.

Cheers
Neilf

RH Freight use Parma Trans (Estonian), Iksija (Lithunian) and Eliton Trans S.R.L (Romanian) transport for Europe work as “subbies work” instead sent their British trucks on Europe work

Normally they has double manning drivers and drop & pick up the trailers at Thurrock or Nottingham Depots before back heading to Europe as RH Freight’s Europe work side

Betz:
RH Freight use Parma Trans (Estonian)

A friend of mine was talking to one of those Estonian RH Freight drivers here in New Brunswick last week. Small world now.

i was parked in dover next a new merc rhd with a tilt on and i was feeling sorry for the fella till he got out the cab and i realised he was a flip flop. :unamused:

The ex Royal Mail Daf with the Sealane trailer on loads from Belgium and Holland so presumably gets around cabotage laws. I don’t know whether it’s driven by an OD or an employee but I guess the vehicle’s operating costs are significantly lower than that of a UK registered vehicle. I wouldn’t consider it to be a development to be welcomed.

robinhood_1984:

Betz:
RH Freight use Parma Trans (Estonian)

A friend of mine was talking to one of those Estonian RH Freight drivers here in New Brunswick last week. Small world now.

Thought the thread was about RH(Right hand drive units)on Eastern European plates :confused: ?
But seeing as its turned into RH freight,saw a GB reg Unitruc unit pulling an RH trailer today :neutral_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Very rare I used to see a RH unit and trailer together nearly always pulled by taliban even though seen them in Tuck and Driver or something bosting about a new contract they have running to Sweden or something. Yea because they get flip flops to do the work and pay then a couple quid so under cutting everyone else!!!

neilf:

Cheers
Neilf

Who in their right mind is going to buy a vehicle from an Irish haulier? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: