RH drive on eastern European plates

Suedehead:

robinhood_1984:

Betz:
RH Freight use Parma Trans (Estonian)

A friend of mine was talking to one of those Estonian RH Freight drivers here in New Brunswick last week. Small world now.

Thought the thread was about RH(Right hand drive units)on Eastern European plates :confused: ?
But seeing as its turned into RH freight,saw a GB reg Unitruc unit pulling an RH trailer today :neutral_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone seen the girl who drives a rigid for RH lately? She’s a sort! :smiley:

Happydaze:
Who in their right mind is going to buy a vehicle from an Irish haulier? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Irish do work there kit hard but it’s spec’d to be on top of the job and usually well minded.

Compare that to most British firms who will use the cheapest, lowest spec they can get away and flog it to death because of that and all of a sudden an Irish motor doesn’t seem so bad.

And before anybody comes the “it’s done as much again on the wire” crap then maybe fifteen year ago but certainly not today.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilf:

Happydaze:
Who in their right mind is going to buy a vehicle from an Irish haulier? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Irish do work there kit hard but it’s spec’d to be on top of the job and usually well minded.

Compare that to most British firms who will use the cheapest, lowest spec they can get away and flog it to death because of that and all of a sudden an Irish motor doesn’t seem so bad.

And before anybody comes the “it’s done as much again on the wire” crap then maybe fifteen year ago but certainly not today.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually well minded? :laughing: You ever driven for an Irish firm? :laughing:

Harry Monk:
The ex Royal Mail Daf with the Sealane trailer on loads from Belgium and Holland so presumably gets around cabotage laws. I don’t know whether it’s driven by an OD or an employee but I guess the vehicle’s operating costs are significantly lower than that of a UK registered vehicle. I wouldn’t consider it to be a development to be welcomed.

But is it cabottage if the same company does the whole run? I spoke with the Polish guy once, someone is pulling trailers to dunkierque for them, then they are shipped unaccompanied and then another truck from the same company takes it and pulls it around UK. They save money on ferries that way and it is one company that does the whole transport from Poland here…

orys:

Harry Monk:
The ex Royal Mail Daf with the Sealane trailer on loads from Belgium and Holland so presumably gets around cabotage laws. I don’t know whether it’s driven by an OD or an employee but I guess the vehicle’s operating costs are significantly lower than that of a UK registered vehicle. I wouldn’t consider it to be a development to be welcomed.

But is it cabottage if the same company does the whole run? I spoke with the Polish guy once, someone is pulling trailers to dunkierque for them, then they are shipped unaccompanied and then another truck from the same company takes it and pulls it around UK. They save money on ferries that way and it is one company that does the whole transport from Poland here…

I think thats cabottage at the moment as the prime mover, ie the truck itself is not leaving the UK and is basically working internally. His trip starts in say Harwich rather than Wroclaw, even if thats where the trailer came from. I could be entirely wrong though!

I remember being on the Immingham-Cuxhaven boat in about 2008ish and a chap from Northern Ireland was on there exporting some farm machinery to Poland and Russia and told me that he’d tried getting Pekaes to load some smaller pieces of his in Northern Ireland and deliver them to England as he has Pekaes trucks coming in delivering to his yard in NI. Pekaes refused as it was cabottage and would only accept loads that exited the UK completely. Quite suprised at that, they obviously believed in doing things properly. Either that or it wasn’t worth the rate for them to do it.

robinhood_1984:
I think thats cabottage at the moment as the prime mover, ie the truck itself is not leaving the UK and is basically working internally. His trip starts in say Harwich rather than Wroclaw, even if thats where the trailer came from. I could be entirely wrong though!

Well, according to him, he leaves UK after three runs like that and another one takes his place… Seems legit to me.

I remember being on the Immingham-Cuxhaven boat in about 2008ish and a chap from Northern Ireland was on there exporting some farm machinery to Poland and Russia and told me that he’d tried getting Pekaes to load some smaller pieces of his in Northern Ireland and deliver them to England as he has Pekaes trucks coming in delivering to his yard in NI. Pekaes refused as it was cabottage and would only accept loads that exited the UK completely. Quite suprised at that, they obviously believed in doing things properly. Either that or it wasn’t worth the rate for them to do it.

First PKS was a state owned transport (goods and passenger) company. After the 1989 it was split so every departamental depot became a separate company to ensure some competition. Some went bankrupt, some abandoned trucking and focuses on buses only, some still run (for example PKS GdaÅ„sk Oliwa, PKS Olsztyn etc). Pekaes is former international division, renamed to Pekaes as this is how you pronounce when you read the abbrevation PKS loudly (PKS stands for PaÅ„stwowa Komunikacja Samochodowa - state owned vehicular transport). They are still a proper firm with old rules and old traditions and that’s propably why they struggled to compete with all these cowboys in the market. But they have a big name, so they are still floating :wink: I am not surprised that they don’t cut corners.

orys:
Well, according to him, he leaves UK after three runs like that and another one takes his place… Seems legit to me.

Yes that would seem to be legit. I think you are allowed a certain amount of internal movements, three for example. Thats no different to when British firms used to be much more numerous in Europe. Many trucks would pick up another loaded trailer in Rotterdam or Zeebrugge and turn around, and often many more than three times, though mostly it would be to go further to say Germany, Spain or Italy so that probably by-passed cabottage laws any way as they were not internal runs.

Harry Monk:

Yes Harry, I’ve seen it in Belgium quite a few times. IIRC it has all the frilly curtains in the cab as well lmao

orys:

robinhood_1984:

First PKS was a state owned transport (goods and passenger) company. After the 1989 it was split so every departamental depot became a separate company to ensure some competition. Some went bankrupt, some abandoned trucking and focuses on buses only, some still run (for example PKS GdaÅ„sk Oliwa, PKS Olsztyn etc). Pekaes is former international division, renamed to Pekaes as this is how you pronounce when you read the abbrevation PKS loudly (PKS stands for PaÅ„stwowa Komunikacja Samochodowa - state owned vehicular transport). They are still a proper firm with old rules and old traditions and that’s propably why they struggled to compete with all these cowboys in the market. But they have a big name, so they are still floating :wink: I am not surprised that they don’t cut corners.

Thanks for the little history lesson :slight_smile: I always wondered what it meant, as “Pekaes” didn’t sound like a Polish word or surname to me. Another little mystery solved!

I saw 2 waberers with Romanian plates on the M25 this morning, seems evening the Hungarians are looking at cutting costs!

Could they have perhaps been surplus to requirements when Hungarocamion was bought
up by Waberer’s.Sold as seen to the Rumos who never bothered changing the livery? Just a thought :slight_smile:

Sir +:
Could they have perhaps been surplus to requirements when Hungarocamion was bought
up by Waberer’s.Sold as seen to the Rumos who never bothered changing the livery? Just a thought :slight_smile:

No, they’ve been bought out by Murfitts Romanian division :laughing: :laughing:

Sir +:

No, they were brand new waberers volvo megas, edited my 1st post.

skids:
I saw 2 waberers with Romanian plates on the M25 this morning, seems evening the Hungarians are looking at cutting costs!

Yes Waberers do have own Romanian trucks & drivers! Waberers did took over Romanian haulage company - “Royal Sped Trans SRL” in some years ago

I could say probably that Waberers use 35 % Romanian trucks & fleet so Waberers remains still use their Hungarian fleet as 65%

Suedehead:

robinhood_1984:

Betz:

A friend of mine was talking to one of those Estonian RH Freight drivers here in New Brunswick last week. Small world now.

Thought the thread was about RH(Right hand drive units)on Eastern European plates :confused: ?
But seeing as its turned into RH freight,saw a GB reg Unitruc unit pulling an RH trailer today :neutral_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh oh my mistake I thought we were talk about RH FREIGHT!!! not Eastern European on RIGHT HAND TRUCK DRIVE :blush: :blush:

Yes I have seen quite lots of Romanian, Bulgarian and Bosinian truck with right hand drive doing UK, ferry trailers and International work! in fact I am quite surprise that Bosinian is not EU member yet how come they can get away with it? :neutral_face:

Betz:
Yes I have seen quite lots of Romanian, Bulgarian and Bosinian truck with right hand drive doing UK, ferry trailers and International work! in fact I am quite surprise that Bosinian is not EU member yet how come they can get away with it? :neutral_face:

I don’t get it. If you are not EU member, you are not allowed to do international work? :slight_smile:

Betz:

Suedehead:

robinhood_1984:

Betz:

Oh oh my mistake I thought we were talk about RH FREIGHT!!! not Eastern European on RIGHT HAND TRUCK DRIVE :blush: :blush:

I don’t think your mistake is as mistaken as you think. :laughing: :laughing:

skids:

I drive a UK registered truck (LHD) and pull a Dutch trailer … and we are cutting costs !

And i dont have a UK number plate swinging in the wind on bungee cords on the back of the trailer !

Why do drivers still do that ?

jimboy124:

skids:

I drive a UK registered truck (LHD) and pull a Dutch trailer … and we are cutting costs !

And i dont have a UK number plate swinging in the wind on bungee cords on the back of the trailer !

RDC MMTM Believers. :laughing: :laughing:

Happydaze:

jimboy124:

skids:

RDC MMTM Believers. :laughing: :laughing:

Correct HD … !! but you cant tell them,they always have the same stock answers …

" VOSA will Nick you "
" You say that but the French will Nick you "

Boring bored BS !! :smiley: :smiley: