reversing

agency phoned yesterday can you do a run to spalding its class 2 not a problem said i got too the site checked truck all seemed ok waited 2 hrs for them to load me couldnt be better after an uneventful drive to spalding found the site where i was delivering easy as go on bay 5 drive this is getting better only had 2 pallets on shouldnt be long i was longer getting on the bloody bay kept reversing like i had a trailer on oops doesnt work in a rigid after many attempts finally got on the bay so apologies if any one was waiting hope there cctv doesnt cover that part of the yard or someone will make 250 pounds on you have been framed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lol, get in my car can reverse no problem,artic piece of cake :sunglasses: ,get in a rigid and always [zb] it up :blush:

I can reverse an artic (after a fashion!) and I can reverse a rigid. No problem with the car either.BUT - when I get in a solo unit (after dropping a trailer or not) I just can’t remember which way to go. Backing under a trailer can be a nightmare sometimes - worse that actually parking the trailer on a tight bay!

Maybe it’s just me :blush: :blush:

gardun:
I can reverse an artic (after a fashion!) and I can reverse a rigid. No problem with the car either.BUT - when I get in a solo unit (after dropping a trailer or not) I just can’t remember which way to go. Backing under a trailer can be a nightmare sometimes - worse that actually parking the trailer on a tight bay!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that was me last week, i was backing under a trailer and it took me 3 goes to get the unit goin the right way, was all over the shop, amused a few of the other lads :smiley:

If God had intended us to go backwards he would have put a steering wheel facing backwards :laughing: :laughing:

Had two days out last weekend and reversed in tight drops around Wembley, managed Sainsburys at Stone with only one shunt so was well pleased with myself. That was until I get to Culina at Market Drayton with [zb] loads of sapce to get lined up and took five shunts to get between the metal bars and looked more like the novice I am! I bet the two Irish lads watching their laptops were pi**ing themselves :unamused:

Had a driver at a previous employer, phones into office and braggs that he has got into a known difficult drop without a shunt, then phones back an hour later to say that he has taken half the front of the building down when he turned to soon pulling back out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gardun:

bloody good ,cos i thought i was thick the other week i done a two hour refresher course in an artic at the end the guy said just drop the trailer and reverse the unit into this little yard it took about three goes kept turning the wrong way thought what a pillock ,but i dont seem to be the only one , :smiley:

I often find I overcook the amount of initial lock on when I’m in car/van/rigid after a long spell in artics same with reversing a 3.5t trailer behind a land rover or something like that.

my reversing is becoming dire
i must be going blind

gardun:
BUT - when I get in a solo unit (after dropping a trailer or not) I just can’t remember which way to go.

Why? Nothing changes - you still turn the wheel the same way to send the arse end of the unit in the direction you want it to go. Trailer on or off, matters not.

Once spent about 45 mins reversing one of Alstons wagon & drags (A frame) onto the ferry in Liverpool, after doing it the waiting males (The ‘I could do it in no time’ sort, but never offered their expertise) an one female trucker in artics cheered. At last !! :imp: :imp: :wink:

Did a nasty blind sider between two trailers and on to dock, just feeling chuffed when loader shouted, can you pull off and open the doors drive? :astonished:

everyone ■■■■■ it up at times. no one person is perfect.

HAIRYGORILLA:
agency phoned yesterday can you do a run to spalding its class 2 not a problem said i got too the site checked truck all seemed ok waited 2 hrs for them to load me couldnt be better after an uneventful drive to spalding found the site where i was delivering easy as go on bay 5 drive this is getting better only had 2 pallets on shouldnt be long i was longer getting on the bloody bay kept reversing like i had a trailer on oops doesnt work in a rigid after many attempts finally got on the bay so apologies if any one was waiting hope there cctv doesnt cover that part of the yard or someone will make 250 pounds on you have been framed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:grimacing:
Was like me when i reversed back and sah Lamp post in left Mirror.Made a loud bang as i turned Steering Wheel the wrong Way to get Trailer away from it

Drove one of these for 12 years 2 steering wheels and a swivel seat, left the job in 2007 and spent the next 2 years re-learning how to reverse a trailer. :imp: :imp: :imp:

342.jpg

I seriously don’t know how anyone can mess this up FFS :question:
In 36 years driving trucks of every size and type have I ever messed up when changing from Artic to Rigid or vice versa. In the same text travelling across the Atlantic and switching fro one side of the car to the other has never bothered me either.

Pat Hasler:
I seriously don’t know how anyone can mess this up FFS :question:
In 36 years driving trucks of every size and type have I ever messed up when changing from Artic to Rigid or vice versa. In the same text travelling across the Atlantic and switching fro one side of the car to the other has never bothered me either.

How do you manage to achieve perfection? :unamused: :unamused:

If you like a challenge - try reversing a car with a little luggage trailer on the back.

mike68:
Drove one of these for 12 years 2 steering wheels and a swivel seat, left the job in 2007 and spent the next 2 years re-learning how to reverse a trailer. :imp: :imp: :imp:

That’s a fair machine. What does it do?
What engine does it have?
How many punctures did you have in those 12 years?
How much do tyres cost?
Was it good money?