Retard Of The Day Is

So, it’s not jessica’s dad then, for the threatening PM he’s just sent me? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seems some do not know the rules about crossing double white lines either!
What a bunch…dear oh dear…

FAIL

Rich The Stag:
You asked for that abuse mate.You did everything wrong :smiley:

Yup - I agree! :smiley: :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
So, it’s not jessica’s dad then, for the threatening PM he’s just sent me? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Snigger! :smiley:

Well, that went well didn’t it.

I wonder if the other driver has put a picture up from his cab on another forum with the same title :smiley:

This is like the headmaster of the school where my missus works. He gave a lecture to all the staff and sent letters to parents about road safety, Where staff should park, where parents should park, How the staff should enter and exit the car park, etc, etc.
My wife took great pleasure in asking him which way he drives to school. He would turn right into the school carpark, straight over the double white lines. He didn’t know what to do when she explained in front of all the staff that what he had been doing for the last 2 years was illegal.
He’s not brought the subject up since. :laughing:

and i always thought she switched off when i went on a victor meldrew rampage about rules and regs. :laughing:

Muckaway:
0What a clever chap, arse-end sticking out into the road, and so close to me I’m going to be pulling out of the layby blind.

Too quick to post photo and slag another driver off without realising your the ■■■■■■
Try reading the highway code
The bit about double white lines :laughing: :laughing:

Muckaway you have been schooled pow.dont reply just.walk away quietly

1. Open mouth.

2. Insert foot.

3. Disappear for a while! :laughing:

limeyphil:
My wife took great pleasure in asking him which way he drives to school. He would turn right into the school carpark, straight over the double white lines. He didn’t know what to do when she explained in front of all the staff that what he had been doing for the last 2 years was illegal.

Erm …

the Highway Code:
Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe and you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary, provided the road is clear, to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less.

That said, it doesn’t say anything about lay bys. :slight_smile:

Rhythm Thief:

limeyphil:

Erm …

the Highway Code:
Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe and you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary, provided the road is clear, to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less.

beat me too it :wink:

Nope, crossing the whites apply to overtaking,otherwise how do people cross to get into their premises? The layby isn’t “double white” for it’s entirety. The other driver couldn’t reverse back as he was already in the road (I’d gone far forward in the layby to let others park behind me). Also I indicated to said driver to watch me out but got a shrug of the shoulders. In the end, a fellow Trucknet member watched me out who will agree the other driver was up close to my cab. I knew said member would be stopping in the same place hence why I stopped far forward until the layby started to narrow.

Muckaway:
Nope, crossing the whites apply to overtaking,otherwise how do people cross to get into their premises? The layby isn’t “double white” for it’s entirety. The other driver couldn’t reverse back as he was already in the road (I’d gone far forward in the layby to let others park behind me). Also I indicated to said driver to watch me out but got a shrug of the shoulders. In the end, a fellow Trucknet member watched me out who will agree the other driver was up close to my cab. I knew said member would be stopping in the same place hence why I stopped far forward until the layby started to narrow.

Don’t be ridiculous. The problem is you on the wrong side of the road you can’t see to pull out. Entirely your fault, no one elses. He’s no where near your cab.

Rhythm Thief:

limeyphil:

Erm …

the Highway Code:

Which mentions nothing about laybys or carparks.

It’s the “… unless you need to enter adjoining premises” bit that’s relevant to your headmaster. There’s nothing wrong with crossing solid white lines to make a turn into a car park.

I believe that if a layby has a kerb between the layby and the highway, its not part of the highway, and therefore no offence has been commited, which is why you dont need lights when parking in this kind of layby, unless the double whites are in fact on the main carriageway, and because he has come into the layby from the opposite direction, he would have crossed them…just asking… :laughing:

This thread is hilarious. From the thread title to the tasseled pelmet to the epic fail; it’s comedy gold from start to finish. :laughing:

Muckaway you plonker.

The HC isn’t specific enough when dealing with solid lines (single or double), in fact it’s slightly misleading.

legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002 … on/26/made

The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002, S26.2(b) deals with it in more depth:

“subject to paragraph (6), every vehicle proceeding on any length of road along which the marking has been so placed that, as viewed in the direction of travel of the vehicle, a continuous line is on the left of a broken line or of another continuous line, shall be so driven as to keep the first-mentioned continuous line on the right hand or off side of the vehicle.”

S26.6 then goes on to list the exceptions (there are others)

"(6) Nothing in paragraph (2)(b) shall be taken to prohibit a vehicle from being driven across, or so as to straddle, the continuous line referred to in that paragraph, if it is safe to do so and if necessary to do so–

(a)to enable the vehicle to enter, from the side of the road on which it is proceeding, land or premises adjacent to the length of road on which the line is placed, or another road joining that road;
(b)in order to pass a stationary vehicle;
(c)owing to circumstances outside the control of the driver;
(d)in order to avoid an accident;
(e)in order to pass a road maintenance vehicle which is in use, is moving at a speed not exceeding 10 mph, and is displaying to the rear the sign shown in diagram 610 or 7403;
(f)in order to pass a pedal cycle moving at a speed not exceeding 10 mph;
(g)in order to pass a horse that is being ridden or led at a speed not exceeding 10 mph; or
(h)for the purposes of complying with any direction of a constable in uniform or a traffic warden."

You could argue that 26.6(a) might vaguely be used to describe a lay-by, but you’d lose, as a mate of mine did ~2 years ago, here: goo.gl/maps/KUoUe

S26.5(a) allows stopping in lay-by’s on roads with solid lines, but only on your side AFAICT.

“(5) Nothing in paragraph (2)(a) shall apply–
(a)so as to prevent a vehicle stopping in a lay-by;”

But, with all that said… who in hell looks up the TSRGD or TSM everytime they want to stop for a ■■■■ ? :laughing: