Research animals

has anyone ever been involved with the transportation of animals for research?
apparently the research companies are asking hauliers, and ferry companies to stand up to the animal rights lunatics.
where do you find these loads? is it good paying work?

It’s all well and good the labs telling the hauliers to “stand up to the protesters” but are the lab staff going to be there to protect the driver when he stops for his break or post 24hr security at the yard? These protesters can be brutal S.O.Bs, some of the ■■■■■■■■ see humans as collateral damage and think nothing of throwing the odd petrol bomb in order to fight thier “war”.

I have a mate who has his own skip business, self made OD with 1 truck. He has been asked in the past to go into Huntingdon Life Sciences. His view is whatever they pay it’s not worth it as within days his whole business would be reduced to ashes.

i suppose it would be prety easy to book on a ferry without actually telling them that you have live rabbits on board.
just book on with meat. it’s not exactly a lie. :laughing: so no one would know.

When I was a docker we had live cattle come over from the States for breeding purposes only and this was top secret but come about 8 hours before the ship was due to berth the protesters suddenly started turning up, obviously someone was telling.

bald bloke:
When I was a docker we had live cattle come over from the States for breeding purposes only and this was top secret but come about 8 hours before the ship was due to berth the protesters suddenly started turning up, obviously someone was telling.

maybe someone was moooooonlighting as an informer.

i’ll get me coat. :laughing:

limeyphil:

bald bloke:

maybe someone was moooooonlighting as an informer.

i’ll get me coat. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
i suppose it would be prety easy to book on a ferry without actually telling them that you have live rabbits on board.
just book on with meat. it’s not exactly a lie. :laughing: so no one would know.

Is this how you get round it?

Saaamon:

limeyphil:

Is this how you get round it?

i would if someone was offering enough money.

I’d rather be unemployed and wouldn’t do it for any amount of money.

switchlogic:

don’t you like fluffy bunnies?
they look very cute in red lipstick.

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

Some of us aren’t obsessed with money.

So is Nolans moving into the live animal trade? How’s it going there?

Went past a wag+drag on the motoway earlyer with an open back on the wagon full of what look like cages stuffed full of chickens,
Owneing chickens myself and knowing how they like to run around it seems a very unfair way of transporting them
I have also seen a simlar thing full of rabbites again seemed very unfair

Not necicerilly agains animal research if its done properly but some companies just seem to get carried away and kill or maim hudreds of animals because they can and carry out unneccary research

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

They look a lot better laid next to some carrots and peas :wink:

Yes testing cosmetics is cruel, but what if one of those bunnies, rats or monkeys was used to find a cure for cancer aids or any one of a thousand terminal diseases

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?25qq30
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

ive come across animal rights a few times and they are pure nutters who will protect a rats life over that of a human, I walked into an area of a site i was working at some years ago, basically walked through a door and not known to me animal rights activists had broken in smashed up a testing lab and attempted to set up a backdraft for the first person through the door, which was me, they had soaked the lab in some sort of spirit, the fire officer said if it was petrol or something a little more flammable i would have stood no chance… the draught from me opening the door luckily for me had an opposite effect to the one they wanted… they had also rigged up the trucks with some sort of incendery device… alot of the lower end of the scale animal testing places will have breeding programmes, 2 in york that i know of do this… Ive also been involved in hunting for many years and have witnessed these so called animal lovers throwing ballbearings on the ground so that horses can fall and injure the rider,

if they want to protect the lab rat then i suggest they ut themselves forward to be tested in the rats place…

limeyphil:

Or the other kind of rabbits, battery operated ones for the ladies :wink:

Some years ago, in my home village of Thurgarton, Nottinghamshire, Boots had their research station at the old Priory. Animal rights activists were an ever-present nuisance; they went in one night and let the dogs out, several ofthe poor buggers (the dogs that is) were found a few days later half-dead from exposure.

On a lighter note; old biker mate of mine was employed by the NCB in Gedling colliery explosives store, which to my mind was a bit like putting King Herod in charge of a nursery. He turned up at my place one night with an ounce of charge, a load of wire and an electric detonator, keen to make a massive bang. We went up to the Boots estate; I talked him out of blowing up the church tower (he was a confirmed atheist) so we settled for the dry-stone wall around the churchyard. Placed the charge, wired up the detonator, and we took shelter behind a big gravestone; touched the wires to a battery and BANG!!!.. shower of muck in the air in best Blaster Bates fashion and we legged it back to the village pub laughing like idiots. Next thing, blue lights everywhere up by the research station, and the following day every Animal Liberation Front activist for miles around got pulled in and questioned. :smiley:

Have to admit that every bunny-hugger I’ve ever met seems to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic, and as AndyH71 says some of them sem to hate the whole human race. I don’t hold with unnecessary animal testing myself, especially for things like cosmetics, but there’s no doubt that a lot of it is a necessary evil which has allowed massive improvements in medical science to the benefit of the whole of mankind.

switchlogic:

This.

ScannyManny:

switchlogic:

This.

^^Same…nor would I drive live animals to an Abbatoir!!..I disagree with the arrogant hierarchy that human beings have themselves at the top of.

Bikemonkey:

ScannyManny:

switchlogic:

This.

^^Same…nor would I drive live animals to an Abbatoir!!..I disagree with the arrogant hierarchy that human beings have themselves at the top of.

Veggie? Vegan? Meat eater?