Renault's new automatic central locking system

One of our guys yesterday jumped out of his renault truck, shut the door and the central locking kicked in with the keys still in the ignition :exclamation: , had to call a fiiter out who re-setted the locks from the outside and was fixed in an hour.

Fitter said the same thing happend to him with one he had in a work shop.

Anybody else heard of this :question: :question:

same thing happened to a new lad on wincantons,a 57plate premium,he told me the fitter took the n/s step light out and did something or other (can’t remember exactly what) and was sorted in 5 mins.i have a magnum myself 56plate,never had a problem as yet,but know of others that have.

andy bilton:
same thing happened to a new lad on wincantons,a 57plate premium,he told me the fitter took the n/s step light out and did something or other (can’t remember exactly what) and was sorted in 5 mins.i have a magnum myself 56plate,never had a problem as yet,but know of others that have.

yeah same fix, something todo with the step/light.

must be just a renault thing,been happening a few years now,not heard of any other similar probs with other manufacturers…ah the french,don’t ya just love em… :open_mouth: :laughing:

Its probably in the settings, if you can work it out. You have a choice for that to happen, it just needs to be switched off.

we got mostly renalts and yes drivers have been locked out before.
Parking up with the keys in em is a no no…no one seems to have solved the problem yet…

happened on new merc found out that in the settings at the factory there turn on the anti car jack program some cars have it as well

Del

I dont think you will find that this is only a Renault problem,a few years ago I was in Western International Fruit market when a driver jumped out of a new Topline Scania closed the door with the engine running went back to move to his next delivery and could not open any of the doors, it took the local dealer 2 hours to sort.

little enis:
I dont think you will find that this is only a Renault problem,a few years ago I was in Western International Fruit market when a driver jumped out of a new Topline Scania closed the door with the engine running went back to move to his next delivery and could not open any of the doors, it took the local dealer 2 hours to sort.

had it happen to me in one of our old highline scanias , broke down at blyth services, whilst jumping in and out of cab to try gearlever i left keys in.
eventually told to try lever again but cab had locked and keys were in ignition.
fitter didnt know what to do so rang base and was told to take out lock barrel then use screwdriver to turn lock, luckily for him there was no barrel.
i always wondered why so many of our scanias had no lock barrels, now i know .
now whenever i get out and leave keys in in yard i leave door ajar

it’s if the flap you lift to open/lock the door is slightly in the down lock position when you shut the door the flap shifts just enough for the doors to lock because of the bang from shutting/slamming the door

Steve-o:
it’s if the flap you lift to open/lock the door is slightly in the down lock position when you shut the door the flap shifts just enough for the doors to lock because of the bang from shutting/slamming the door

Your spot on :laughing: When you lift the handel to open the door if you let it go quick it will drop down enough to the lock point :unamused: Have had this problem on some of ours Ijust keep a spare key hidden on the truck :laughing:

benny the badger:

Steve-o:

Your spot on :laughing: When you lift the handel to open the door if you let it go quick it will drop down enough to the lock point :unamused: Have had this problem on some of ours Ijust keep a spare key hidden on the truck :laughing:

I have never ever left keys in a car/truck without the window down enough for me to get my arm in enough to unlock it. I am far too paranoid it’s going to lock me out with the engine on, over heat then self destruct.

The truck has done it a few times. Once the forky in DHL Tickhill heard it lock then laughed at how lucky I was the window was open :smiling_imp:

Reminds me of years ago when i was running my car repair business.
Fitted a new battery to a Ford Sierra Saphire. As i connected it up i heard some solenoids operate & very soon realised it was the central locking having just locked all the doors!

Luckily the drivers window was open just a few inches. Being in the workshop it was easy to find a piece of stiff wire with a hook on the end, VERY LUCKILY when i’d switched the ignition off i’d turned the key all the way back & i was able to hook the bunch & fish them through the window!

When i then unlocked it, the alarm went off. :open_mouth: The owner had given me spare key without the fob for the alarm. I drove it back to his farm a mile away with it still blaring :blush: Didn’t have to go looking for him though :laughing:

Had this happen to me twice on a brand new MAN. Once after I had been through the truck wash at Purfleet and jumped out to sign the book, and once on a diesel pump in Rodange (Lux). The boss brought the spare keys down to me at the wash which luckily wasn’t busy, but I had to take the quarter light window out of the cab door to get out of trouble in Lux. However, getting the window back in took about an hour an involved a bit of Fairy Liquid and my mate sitting on my shoulders prying it back in with a knife. It was the only way we could reach up that high.
When Renault Premiums first came out it happened to one of my colleagues because he had his towel hanging over the handle inside the passenger door and that had pushed the lever far enough forward to lock it when he shut the door. Oh how we laughed.

we used to have a 4 series that was bad 4 doing it, i was down at seaforth 1 day an closed the door with the engine running and the door locked itself so the fitter came down pulled up the sunroof an fed through a mop pole with a hook on the end to lift up the door handle,

we used to have a ex tesco 4 series day cab and the same happened to 1 of our lads, but because it had no sun roof the fitter had to rip the door handle off to unlock it :open_mouth:

I’ve heard this about newer model MAN’s. I sometimes think there are too many electrical gizmos on these wagons, especially if they are only doing a simple job like tipper or skip wagon.

where i work we got an 05 plate its locked the driver out about 4 times now so he carry a spare key with him hid up on lorry somewhere i got 54 plate its not happen to me yet thank god

this has been happening for on the older premiums for a long time,a way i knew to get in involved a connection for the n/s window, which is under the front flap below the windscreen, and a long piece of electrical cable,which you connected to the battery.this was shown to me by a renault fitter years ago.

Steve-o:

That happened to me in 2001 with a Premium, luckily I was still in the yard and called out the fitter who had it opened in 10 minutes.

Also happened to a mate in a Scanny 4 series, it seems to have a similar flap thingy. :unamused:

Moral is…always have the window down, even in the rain…just in case. :wink:

We have his problem with all the 07 plate M A N units in our yard (all 22 of them :open_mouth: ) they usually do it when the engine is running and you slam the door and bang your locked out :blush: It’s got so bad were getting the central locking disconnected in them now as they go in for service