Renault's new automatic central locking system

Do drivers really leave their keys in a truck when they get out■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

One of our drivers had a similar problem with his MAN.
He locked the door from the inside while on a night out, then opened it without unlocking - are ya with me so far?, it actually stayed locked, and could only be opened from the outside with the key.
Simple answer is not to leave keys in an unattended truck, although I can’t see why anybody would do that anyway.

Kate:
Do drivers really leave their keys in a truck when they get out■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

One of our drivers had a similar problem with his MAN.
He locked the door from the inside while on a night out, then opened it without unlocking - are ya with me so far?, it actually stayed locked, and could only be opened from the outside with the key.
Simple answer is not to leave keys in an unattended truck, although I can’t see why anybody would do that anyway.

So: reverse up to trailer, stop engine, take keys out, get out, check trailer height & park brake on.
Get in, put keys in, start engine (1), reverse part way under.
Stop engine, take keys out, get out. Connect lines.
Get in, put keys in, start engine (2), reverse onto pin. Tug test x 2.
Stop engine. take keys out. Get out, complete coupling procedure & take trailer brake off.
Check load & trailer condition.
Get in, put keys in, start engine (3), set off.
Don’t remember putting dog clip in, but i’m pretty sure i did. Best stop & have a look. Stop engine, take keys out. get out & look.
Get in, put keys in, start engine (4)& go.
Drive round to office. Stop engine, take keys out. Go & get gate release note.
Get in, put keys in, start engine (5) & go.

We often do 5 trailer changes a day.
Hmm. I foresee flat batteries in winter, and worn keys & ignition barrel.

Although I concede you are indeed correct Kate that engine should be stopped & keys removed for coupling to follow H & S guide lines, however, sometimes its just not practical

Unfortunately it has happened to one of our Premiums and one of our r-series. We have to leave the keys in the ignition with the engine running because the blowing equipment is on the unit. Both times was a window through job.

Happened to me as well…i’ve sorted it by hanging the remote inside the body so it’s always there if i need it!

Happened in our yard, a 4 series topline came in same as other storys , driver jumped out to tip once done realised he was locked out !!
Lucky enough he had N/S window so
Didnt Tak. Long to pop it out and sent him to the end off the Ind est where auto windscreens popped it back on for him in mins !!!