Removing/tearing down of 100/150/200/300 year old monuments

If we are following the same mindset as these protesters, therefore when all the statues and monuments have been removed or tore down I suppose it will be all the Churches, Cathedrals and Castles around the country that the Normans built seeing as they ravaged the countryside after Hastings and forced the defeated population of this country into slavery and foreign rule. But no doubt that would be silly! :wink:

those pesky Romans were into slavery as well,and the Vikings used to come over here and enslave people…so Hadrian’s Wall has got to come down for a start!

Hi All
Fill up your Dennis Javalin with lefties and ship out with a one way ticket bye
Cheers
Rich

The plural of agenda is agendas…not agenda’s. :wink:

grumpy old man:

Going off topic, boring and apologies. I was somewhat surprised yesterday to find in a Penguin book that c.c.s.'s (context casualty clearing stations) had been printed repeatedly. It seems that if using abbreviations with full stops that this is correct but MOT’s is wrong and should be either MOTs or M.O.T.'s . I have no idea why c.c.s. wasn’t in capitals. The larger publishing houses usually have their own set rules.

grumpy old man:

Well spotted, you must have stayed awake at English lessons then! :smiley:

grumpy old man:

Don’t you start , I had enough flak off that javelin bloke over misspelling agenda , grumpy old bugger !!

rigsby:

grumpy old man:

Don’t you start , I had enough flak off that javelin bloke over misspelling agenda , grumpy old bugger !!

If you havent yet read it, I recommend Lynn Trusss book “Eats, Shoots & Leaves”.
Its chock full of good grammar stuff, like, but doesnt ram it down yer neck.

I remember a holiday I had in Kenya many years back & having a beer or two in a local bar with a bunch of local lads.
The conversation eventually got round to this type of discussion & as I appeared to be rich to them this was (I guess) a little why it drifted there.
I started of saying that I envied them in some respect as their view to work was that they would decide to go (or not) when they woke in the morning, but for us (tourists) we had no choice as we must always be mindful of the next pay packet as it had to keep rolling in, if not no holiday next year, unable to keep paying the mortgage Etc Etc & Etc.
I told them straight that what our masters done in the past had “nothing” to do with us and I would never apologise for what was done, would condem it of course if asked but that was it.
I also told them that the vast bulk of the working population in victorian Britain were also slaves, in the mills/mines/docks Etc and the vast bulk also lived in squalor.

cav551:
I am concerned to see that the press are referring to those who wish to guard the Cenotaph and Churchill’s memorial in Westminster as right wing ‘thugs’, while those acting illegally by ignoring the law about gatherings are supposedly ‘protesters’ and at the very worst ‘activists’.

Are you implying that the BBC and others of that ilk have a left wing agenda? :open_mouth:
Surely not. :unamused: :wink:

All this crap about old tv shows being dropped is bloody annoying. :smiling_imp:
Most people I speak to agree, so how come this easily offended minority rule the roost and actually get these shows banned.

Why do these celebrities kow tow to these knobheads, they should be standing their ground, but are in fear of being branded racist and get no more work, so they just roll over.
Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton were the only two with the balls to stand up to them, they told them the ‘Dave sketch’ on League of gentlemen was not a depiction of a black man, but a man wearing clown make up that happened to be black…good on them. :sunglasses:

Lee Francis (Bo Selecta) just folded, and as for Ant and Dec, and their cringeworthy apology :unamused: , ■■■■ pathetic…(those 2 came down in my estimation as 2 working class lads that have sold out. when I saw them one Sat afternoon at St James park at a game wearing suits and ties :unamused: …wtf was that all about exactly? :imp:

Robroy , Fawlty Towers was removed for the episode with the Germans and Basil says don’t mention the war and the Colonel mentioned something about the West Indies cricket team , but John Cleese objected to the BBC so the show is back running again .

robroy:

cav551:
I am concerned to see that the press are referring to those who wish to guard the Cenotaph and Churchill’s memorial in Westminster as right wing ‘thugs’, while those acting illegally by ignoring the law about gatherings are supposedly ‘protesters’ and at the very worst ‘activists’.

Are you implying that the BBC and others of that ilk have a left wing agenda? :open_mouth:
Surely not. :unamused: :wink:

Here is the notoriously left wing Telegraph reporting today`s events:
telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 … churchill/

And a BBC report talking of “protesters”, who it appears are right wingers attacking the police?
bbc.com/news/uk-53031072

So, the Beeb refer to these persons attacking the police as “protesters”, and Johnson and Priti Patel refer to “racist thuggery” and “extreme thuggery and shameful behaviour”, in the Telegraph article.

Very rare anyone can be 100% wrong, but that is a brave attempt at it!

Singo55:
Are they going to pull down the pyramids and the great wall of China next were they not built by slaves ?

The pyramids almost certainly weren’t built by slaves.
However, I certainly take your point!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

These ‘protesters’ (vandals) are hugely in ignorance. Everyone is a slave to something.
In the late 1600s 10% of the population had amassed 90% of the wealth. The idea that white English (British) people were never downtrodden or treated badly is absolutely untrue.

“At least slaves were in clean fresh air with the sun on their backs. Your people were trapped in highly dangerous mills and factories. No safety procedures. Very poor wages and long hours. A huge amount of thick acrid smoke being breathed in constantly. Fibres from the mills getting on your lungs. Working close to dangerous machinery. Little children as young as 3 or 4 going up dark chimneys. Miners down pits, filthy and breathing in noxious gasses and risking a rockfall at any time. My people were badly treated by their masters in Africa selling them and by their masters in the colonies. But your people were badly treated by mill owners and factory owners with no regard whatsoever for their safety or wellbeing”

The above is a quote (as close as he can remember) from my 95 year old uncle (still with us and lives alone, all faculties present) after he had a conversation about the black slave trade with a work mate who originated from Africa. The year was 1950 and my uncle has never forgotten it.

This country is extremely tolerant to all ethnicities. A few people are not. But they aren’t confined to the white race. I’ve personally had friends that were non white and very racist. It’s a two way street.

The current demonstrations are utterly unacceptable. Those protesting should think themselves fortunate. If we were as intolerant as they make out, we’d have sent the army in to sort them out by now.

They are doing nothing except building up resentment. Ironically, many of the protesters are white.

I finish my post with something a very good (black) friend of mine said. " I don’t give no ■■■■ about the racist white boys nor the racist brown boys. Do you think I’ve nothing else to worry about in my life? I worry about my family, children and friends, not strangers"

He’s a man of principles, and I have a huge amount of respect for him.

Some of the idiots protesting could do with having a chat with him…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Another mans opinion, Buzzer.

i attended a blm rally in Tamworth yesterday,to help protect any attempts to desecrate a statue dedicated to Aethelflaed and her nephew Athelstan,Alfred the Great’s daughter and grandson,Anglo-Saxon heroes. and nearby was the statue of Robert Peel,boarded up by the council,but covered in England and Union flags :slight_smile: and guarded by around 40 geezers. about 100 white,mainly deluded young women,at the blm rally.plenty of OB but no trouble.

Blackboy rd Exeter, which was apparentlly named after King Charles 2’s nickname given to him by his mother, (therefore no racial origin or original connotation of race whatsoever) is another thing on the blacklist (no pun intended :smiley: ) by these idiots according to BBC Devon radio yesterday.
You could not make all this crap up. :laughing: …watch out for a name change to BLACKpool. :laughing:

All this perceived pc stuff is just getting ridiculous, any tenuous link whatsoever to race is jumped on, …Gavin and Stacy for instance on BBC, because of a character called ‘Chinese Alan’, who is English, but called that because his catchphrase is "Anybody fancy a Chinese’’ . :neutral_face:

It reminds me of that American sketch show where a guy and his pc mother are out for a meal at an Indian restaurant, and his mother refers to it as… ‘‘A native American restaurant’’ :smiley:
You will not be allowed to say anything soon if all this bull crap carries on. :imp:

robroy:
Blackboy rd Exeter, which was apparentlly named after King Charles 2’s nickname given to him by his mother, (therefore no racial origin or original connotation of race whatsoever) is another thing on the blacklist (no pun intended :smiley: ) by these idiots according to BBC Devon radio yesterday.
You could not make all this crap up. :laughing: …watch out for a name change to BLACKpool. :laughing:

All this perceived pc stuff is just getting ridiculous, any tenuous link whatsoever to race is jumped on, …Gavin and Stacy for instance on BBC, because of a character called ‘Chinese Alan’, who is English, but called that because his catchphrase is "Anybody fancy a Chinese’’ . :neutral_face:

It reminds me of that American sketch show where a guy and his pc mother are out for a meal at an Indian restaurant, and his mother refers to it as… ‘‘A native American restaurant’’ :smiley:
You will not be allowed to say anything soon if all this bull crap carries on. :imp:

“I don’t know what it’s called, but bring me the most blandest thing you have on the menu, with a pineapple ring on top” when you’re going out for an English, innit.

Will Black Pudding be banned from the menu of a full English breakfast ? what ever next it’s madness, Buzzer