Removing tacho

If they really want to get down to the nitty gritty, you can present them with CCTV footage of you putting your feet up in the canteen whilst the truck is being moved about by the shunters.

Radar19:
If they really want to get down to the nitty gritty, you can present them with CCTV footage of you putting your feet up in the canteen whilst the truck is being moved about by the shunters.

Fair point

matt18244:
I was just a bit concerned that if they check my card it shows a manual entry for a break and if they check the tacho it will show my card been pulled the truck moving and they my card back in. They might think I was pulling the card and moving it myself as I would be the only person recorded driving it before and after.

that’s why I suggested but obviously OllieNotts thinks some of us need to man up etc when all I was offering was a solution that would cover you and your employer for missing km’s etc but hell WTF do I know…

by OllieNotts » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:47 am

nick2008 wrote:
you can always ask the boss to just give you a letter stating the position just in case and it’ll always cover him for any discrepancy’s if you get pulled

I’ve read some funny [zb] on here but this golden! Can hear the laughter now as I ask the gaffa for this letter of justification in the off chance(2% chance) of being pulled. Ffs some of you lot need to man up! The vosa blokes really aren’t that bad and accept common sense reasons for anything if you don’t be a ■■■■ from the off.
Jeez some of the [zb] on here from grown men is ridiculous :laughing:

After all it was just a sugestion

Stop worrying about it, you aren’t committing any offence and it is allowed for in the regulations. Just drive into the yard and pop your card out, doesn’t matter what mode it’s on when you eject it, then take your break. Return to the vehicle, insert your card and make a manual entry for the missing time showing a break. That’s it, that’s all you have to do.

You are creating a true record of your work, no need for printouts, letters or anything else. If you are stopped and asked about it just explain the situation and if the DVSA have doubts it’s up to them to do the work to check by visiting your employer or whatever they feel they need to do, you don’t have to do anything. You’ve done everything you are required to do to comply with the regulations.

You aren’t the only driver who does this, happens at a lot of firms and it won’t be anything new to DVSA officers.

It’s generally a bad idea to leave your card in the truck if there’s any possibility that anyone else might drive it.

Their driving becomes your driving…