Removed my tax disc

Removed the tax disc out of my usual lorry today. It ran out last night and whilst I’m aware that it would have been legal to do this for the last couple of months it still seems strange to have that gap in the nearside of the screen. Guess my daily checksheet needs updating too!

I took mine out of the windscreen of my car ages ago but for some reason put it in my glove compartment as it didn’t seem right to chuck it.

bald bloke:
I took mine out of the windscreen of my car ages ago but for some reason put it in my glove compartment as it didn’t seem right to chuck it.

Glad I’m not the only one that did that then haha.

I still have the expired one in my mine, first time I’ve done that and still been legal :slight_smile:

raymundo:
I still have the expired one in my mine, first time I’ve done that and still been legal :slight_smile:

+1 :smiley:

bald bloke:

Me too, just incase they changed their minds I suppose.

Panick:

bald bloke:

that old tax disc could well become a collectors item in years to come and worth a lot of money

green456:

Panick:

bald bloke:

that old tax disc could well become a collectors item in years to come and worth a lot of money

There selling them on flebay now, and some not so old are making good money.

bald bloke:

Me too :blush: :laughing:

seth 70:

bald bloke:

Me too :blush: :laughing:

It feels kind of Weird eh■■?

Some people are now replacing the modern tax disc with a classic looking one from the year of first registration of their vehicle, which I suppose is perfectly legal now.
Available online if you google them.

image.jpg

I am chuffed, been living by the seat f my pants, I can now take this out and chuck it :laughing:

weeto:
Some people are now replacing the modern tax disc with a classic looking one from the year of first registration of their vehicle, which I suppose is perfectly legal now.

I like them, i might get the month and year I was born and stick that in as it’s something different.

bald bloke:

weeto:

I like them, i might get the month and year I was born and stick that in as it’s something different.

So the one I posted above is not old enough then … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

will take mine out tomorrow,it is going to feel strange after all these years,thats why I didn’t take it out at the beginning of October,also any old tax discs could be worth pounds to collectors in time

Saw a car garage today selling cars with “6 months tax” lol. Oh dear oh dear

instantKarma:

they still have to be taxed, you just don’t get a disc

I’ve got all my Dads tax discs and o licence discs going back to his 3 rd lorry in 1973 up to 2005 ,the amount of tax comes to a bloody fortune !

green456:

instantKarma:

they still have to be taxed, you just don’t get a disc

Tax is not transferable between owners though, that is what he is getting at.

Found my old disc from the 70’s … :smiley: