Reed Bordall

Hi all,

Been a while since I been on here, however…
I may have potentially been offered a Tramping job at RBordall’s, Fridat till Tuesday (better than no job at all i guess) … SO…

Give me the good the bad and the ugly…I can take it■■? :laughing:

Cheers in advance!

Start with this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68085&hilit=Reed+Bordall :wink:

Mr B is your man to ask, or there is also Gazleeds (i think), they both work for RB

Thanks for that. Hmm, seems a bit worrying going by that other thread like! Dirty Cab’s,no dedicated unit’s to drivers and absolutely no routine…

I’m a routine man myself, and i like a clean, looked after unit, in particular the cab. I’m no snob, but I won’t be bedding down in someone elses mess.

Bugger… lol

Just give a go you never know it might not be too bad, I can’t believe the cabs will be too bad surely.

bald bloke:
Just give a go you never know it might not be too bad, I can’t believe the cabs will be too bad surely.

The cabs arent that bad, usually tell a good Scania from a bad there though :wink:

They run decent trucks by the looks. I went for an interview in 2008 but walked out. It was £7.72/hour, they’d charge you for any damage to their vehicles and you WOULD do as you were told.
I declined so have no personal experience.

Im probably just worrying over nothing. They have totally phased out the MAN’s, the Scania’s are almost gone too. They now run Volvo’s and are running Merc’s too.

adam_goodin:
Im probably just worrying over nothing. They have totally phased out the MAN’s, the Scania’s are almost gone too. They now run Volvo’s and are running Merc’s too.

They go over the water a bit too so keep in with them and maybe get on that in time.

mick.mh2racing:
and you WOULD do as you were told.

Employer expects employees to do what they pay them to do. Whatever next? :unamused: :unamused:

I’m a casual driver for Reeds and I don’t think it’s that bad.…Saying that I’ve never had another driving job!

Conor:

mick.mh2racing:

Employer expects employees to do what they pay them to do. Whatever next? :unamused: :unamused:

Actually if you cant do something then their pretty cool with it :wink:

DAF95XF:

Conor:

mick.mh2racing:

Actually if you cant do something then their pretty cool with it :wink:

Fair enough.
The example I was given at interview was that if I asked for, not that I had, a 19.00 finish on Friday and there was a load to go to Wakefield I would be going to Wakefield even if it was a child’s birtheday or granny’s party. We’re not interested in your home life, was the message, you come here to work when we say you do.
Not an attitude I relished, I work better under a regime of mutual cooperation. Maybe that was a bit harsh. I’ll never know because I walked out.

mick.mh2racing:
The example I was given at interview was that if I asked for, not that I had, a 19.00 finish on Friday and there was a load to go to Wakefield I would be going to Wakefield even if it was a child’s birtheday or granny’s party. We’re not interested in your home life, was the message, you come here to work when we say you do.
Not an attitude I relished, I work better under a regime of mutual cooperation. Maybe that was a bit harsh. I’ll never know because I walked out.

You’re in the wrong job mate if you want to work in a regime of mutual co-operation. What you got at that interview is the standard attitude with pretty much most hauliers - especially the likes of Stobarts etc. It is also in your contract that you cannot refuse a reasonable request. Basically if you’ve got the hours on your card left to do it, you’re expected to.

Rule of thumb with wagon driving: Never plan to do anything after work on any day you’re working.

Conor:
[
You’re in the wrong job mate if you want to work in a regime of mutual co-operation.

there are some cracking jobs in haulage…unfortunately,you wont get a look in unless youre already known to them via agy.

Maybe so, that might be the attitude you work to but not me. I might be out of touch with the rest of the haulage industry. I’ve been a driver since 1990 and never been short of work. Worked for DHL, Morrisons Asda and various contractors. Currently working for Warburtons on agency. They don’t tell me what to do they ask me. I’m not some sort of lap dog or servant at any one’s beck and call.
There are others I’ve worked for but would rather not name them on a public forum but I don’t have any complaints about the firms I’ve worked for.
Happy to discuss.

mick.mh2racing:
Currently working for Warburtons on agency.
Happy to discuss.

me too…a great company to work for imho

Any questiona drop me a pm
Im one the euro trampers at rb n so is mr b

Tell 'em to paint the crash line on them new Mercs, look a bit off with all that plastic on the front, would’ve looked mint if they’d have painted them.

GAZLEEDS:
Any questiona drop me a pm
Im one the euro trampers at rb n so is mr b

how much euro work is there with them? didn’t realise they did it!