Reed Boardall job interview

Evening folks,
I’ve got a job interview with a local company next week (Reed Boardall). The job i’ve applied for is a C+E part-time/casual driver with no fixed hours. Does anybody know what sort of questions they will be asking me and what sort of general things will i need to know? :confused: This will be my very first driving interview and i’ve never driven anything with tacho’s or done any delivery work. :blush:
Cheers Smokinbarrels :smiley:

try giving a pm to thecoder0 he will point you right.

or failing that try the search button. :laughing:

I would go the with search option as well

RB charge you for damages!!

PM me if you want info on other work in our area as you must be close to me

RB don’t charge you for damages… :unamused:
If they did, I know of one driver who would have had to sell his house to pay for a new unit, trailer and the crane hire to lift it out of the stream he put it in.

RB job interview should be OK. they take on a lot of newly qualified drivers so it won’t be too bad. You’ll get a few weeks going out with one of their drivers on training anyway.

i have worked for reed boardall for nearly four years as a day shift driver
if you would like to ask me any questions before your interview you can contact me by email and i will give you a contact telephone number.
i have also been a driver trainer with rb for the last eighteen months so know
both the personnel manager and training staff very well.

david1893@live.co.uk

Perhaps you can settle this argument that’s been on of for a while now David 14 do RB charge you in way at all for damages to the truck/trailer/both.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to work for someone who charged for damages

They couldn’t anyway as it’d be deemed as unfair under UK contractual law.

It is UNLAWFUL to charge a driver for damages caused to a vehicle!
Even if you sign a contract!
Had this before, took them to court and won, That is why you have insurance! FFS! :laughing: :laughing:
Look it up on CAB, ACAS, ask any solicitor, they will tell you the facts.

Clarky:
It is UNLAWFUL to charge a driver for damages caused to a vehicle!
Even if you sign a contract!
Had this before, took them to court and won, That is why you have insurance! FFS! :laughing: :laughing:
Look it up on CAB, ACAS, ask any solicitor, they will tell you the facts.

That does not alter the fact that they do indeed tell you that at the interview…I know this first hand because ive had the interview and was offered a job…but turned it down…And you have got to ask yourself why they have ALWAYS got vacancies :question:

Lawful or not some drivers are clearly falling for this because I was told “to date we have saved 40 plus grand”

If a driver lets them do it then its happy days for the company

The ‘charging for damage’ thing at RB came up on here a few weeks ago, and I was thinking about it last week when I saw a couple of their motors parked up.

Whether they do or whether they don’t, I cannot say - I’ve never worked for them.

But whatever - the vehicles I saw looked smart and well cared for.

In defence of my new employers - i have been told by quite a few people from the company(fellow workers) that the company does charge the driver at fault an amount for damages BUT and i can only go off what i am told,whilst the company may charge you x amount of pounds for damage caused through negligence, no driver has ever paid the full amount of everything they owe and the company writes off the amount after the employee has made some regular weekly payments from their wage.

From what i understand this tactic seems to be used purely as an eye opener for drivers and to raise their levels of awareness more.

Although this is my first class 1 job, i can certainly say that i have worked for much worse employers in the past and would recommend any new starter to give it a go. They supply you with the time to practice reversing and also send you out with a driver trainer for your first week who teaches you all you need to know.

As for them constantly looking for staff, I would only imagine that a fleet of 120 units which require 24 hour running to fulfill contractual obligations would need a regular supply of drivers in order to achieve this.

Thanks for listening :laughing:

Reed Boardall

Some good lads. I was a shunter there when I was 19 my supervisor Neil Johnson cracking fella worked there since he was a kid then he left the company. I lasted 6 weeks after that he warned me to get out the training officer went back driving and there was alot of people who left but one thing I use to get paid all my hours and on time every thursday no probs. But moneys not to clever

just to say the money has just gone up, it might not be brilliant but the tackle is decent ive had no problems and ive been there 15 years i have never not been paid on time and the damage stories are blown out of all proportion,it does me,its only 11 miles from home no hassle and there rarely on the phone so give it a go it cant harm

Is Paul Tolmie still there? If so, what is his position now?

yes he is still here his title is transport manager/opperations manager good bloke knows what he is doing do you want a message passing on?

Karl

Is Denzil still there I know Tommy is and I here Frank is running the garage

Is the damage charge the extra excess paid to the insurance company to take on an inexperienced driver :unamused:

morning biker yes frank is running the garage god help us all and denzil is now fleet engineer nuff said

Clarky its just as well they cant charge you for damage or you would be working for the next 10 years for nothing…!!!