Redundant 😢 😢

As the title says, have just been made redundant :cry:

Anyone know of companies in the south east, or beyond, looking for class 1 drivers on euro work?

Can easily base myself in Liverpool, with family, if that helps. Have no problem with being weekended or being away for a few weeks at a time.

Any replies would be greatly received, cheers :smiley: :smiley:

Been there 5 times now. Hope you get something soon, good luck.

belkins of wellingborough were advetising last week, they stipulated that you must have european experience

cj47:
belkins of wellingborough were advetising last week, they stipulated that you must have european experience

Cheers, do you have any contact details? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Linux-user:

cj47:

Send a PM to darren129

Have an ask around Husk’s yard at Lydden on the A2. Always a euro job going there with someone.

Linux-user:
As the title says, have just been made redundant :cry:

Sorry to hear that mate.
Best of luck.

Wheel Nut:

Linux-user:

cj47:

Send a PM to darren129

Just done that, thanks :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

MMTM that Sealane are recruiting.

Harry Monk:

I heard that and I dont think Belkin will be so keen on taking the truck home to Folkstone

belkins want a european driver,me you and about a thousand other drivers will have applied for job,dont hold your breath,its probably a mate of a mate who gets it,like any good job its not always the most experienced drivers who get the job,i ve got loads of euro work under my belt even lived in belgium for 6 years,went everywhere,bet i dont even get a look in… :confused:

ken57:
belkins want a european driver,me you and about a thousand other drivers will have applied for job,dont hold your breath,its probably a mate of a mate who gets it,like any good job its not always the most experienced drivers who get the job,i ve got loads of euro work under my belt even lived in belgium for 6 years,went everywhere,bet i dont even get a look in… :confused:

Dont worry. I dont want it, they run Scanias don’t they? :smiley:

S&K could be worth a call, you get the motor home with you

skhaulage.net/SK_files/frame.htm

A mate of mine works for them, not the best money but your not pushed at all

Sorry to hear about your reduntant :cry:

just found out throu the internet job site

Not sure about that - double manning ? Removals job :confused:
Reeds job link

Sound good to me - PTM Reading :sunglasses:

Reeds Job Link

Cheers

Edited to shorten those links. Simon.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
S&K

“Skint & Knackered”

Harry Monk:

They are not looking for anybody at the minute.

Wheel Nut:
I heard that and I dont think Belkin will be so keen on taking the truck home to Folkstone

I agree with you, i can’t see them allowing that.

Cheers for the info Ben, will look into those :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

ken57 wrote:

belkins want a european driver,me you and about a thousand other drivers will have applied for job,dont hold your breath,its probably a mate of a mate who gets it,like any good job its not always the most experienced drivers who get the job,i ve got loads of euro work under my belt even lived in belgium for 6 years,went everywhere,bet i dont even get a look in…

I sent in an application form a month ago to belkin ,got a letter back saying they not processing any more applications :confused:
20 years european work under my belt

another prob with companies like belkin who have a personnel depatments,anybody can lie on the paperwork to get a job,am not saying we all do,but it has been known.sometimes these jobs are not as good as we think,but i must say have not heard anything bad about belkin.but if you are a driver with alot of experience and both cpcs i think you pose more of a threat than an asset.they cant ■■■■■■■■ or mould you into the company way so you are just a yes man,its a sad state of affairs when east europe drivers seem to fall into jobs we brits dont get a look at,no matter how much experience we have :imp:

Could not agree with you more Ken57,
I think ‘their loss’ not ours

malmaz:

ken57 wrote:

belkins want a european driver,me you and about a thousand other drivers will have applied for job,dont hold your breath,its probably a mate of a mate who gets it,like any good job its not always the most experienced drivers who get the job,i ve got loads of euro work under my belt even lived in belgium for 6 years,went everywhere,bet i dont even get a look in…

I sent in an application form a month ago to belkin ,got a letter back saying they not processing any more applications :confused:
20 years european work under my belt

i shouldn’t worry too much about not getting a reply, it probably saved you a wasted journey to northampton, several wasted telephone calls just to be told that they are looking for someone within 20 minutes drive of the depot.
it seems that the advert has been running for at least 2 months now on monsterjobs, you can’t tell me that they haven’t been able to recruit a suitablty trained experienced driver in that time, i think they are just wasting peoples time, i don’t know why unless it’s a route to being able to employ cheap foriegn labour.