Red lion northampton and theft

i apologise in advance to the mods if its not allowed to use names in case of libel.
if this is the case,delete this topic.
i parked at the red lion last night fri 18th april.
got off the boat in dover at 17.00 and got to the park at about 21hrs.
i was only parking till 6 am…9 hrs and away.
i had one pint int he bar and nearly got run over by scanias and man diesels running along the counter so i went back to the truck and read the paper.
i got up at 5.50 and saw.
the left hand side of the tautliner cut and some goods gone missing.
i had a lock on the back door to keep the (zb) away in calais and forgot to take it off.
the red lion advertise that they have floodlights in the yard.
they have but its still dark in there.
i also paid £8 for the privelige of not parking in a layby.
my boss will pay service area charges,i wont.
its no safer in service areas.
i would just like to warn others,do not think you are safe in the red lion.
there is no security,i never saw any if there was.
i wont be parking there again and will warn as amny as i can.
these people have a cheek to charge for parking anf then not supplying security.
i was a bit embarrased this morning ringing the boss to tell him but it has to be done.
i wouldnt mind the goods i had on were worhtless.
tagiatelli for aldi.
theres maybe 50 cartons gone.
i hope they choke on it.

language edit mm

sadly you not safe anywhere nowadays though i think that was always true. I’ll park in truckstops for the facilities rather than security if anything gets stolen out of the back not my problem.

On the one hand my gaffer says that his insurance are more likely to pay out if we were parked up in paid services/truckstop and have a receipt to prove it

But then the tight git will only reimburse parking if he has given prior authorisation to park at services/truckstop and thats as rare as rocking horse doo doo’s

So i park where the [zb] i like and suits me and stuff his curtains and load :imp:

(did i mention i hate my firm) :smiling_imp:

Can’t understand why they would nick tagiatelli, not a large italian population in northampton, if it was golabki or bush meat you could understand it :exclamation:

Northampton is one of the largest recognised crime hotspots for trucks,and I think the Red Lion has had it’s fair share over the years.

It’s not uncommon to see the Police trailer that is plastered with crime warnings parked around the county.

I hope the little scroats enjoy their haul. :angry:

Ken.

Mikejk:
Can’t understand why they would nick tagiatelli, not a large italian population in northampton, if it was golabki or bush meat you could understand it :exclamation:

theres nothing written on the curtain to say whats inside the trailer nor is there anything written on the boxes.
they took the goods not knowing what was in the boxes.
i loaded it,thats the reason i know whats in the boxes.
i know northampton is green pepper and garlic area.
you can smell their breath as you drive up the m1.

Maybe on Saturday the ‘Red Lion Special’ was a variety of pasta dishes . . . . . .

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

greg50:
i wouldnt mind the goods i had on were worhtless.
tagiatelli for aldi.
theres maybe 50 cartons gone.
i hope they choke on it.

There’s no accounting for taste.

I once had half a pallett of minestrone cup-a-soup type stuff nicked through the back doors.

Next to it was a pallett of mixed variety cup-a-soup type stuff :open_mouth:

Ive stayed there a few times, my mate had his curtains slashed and goods missing too.

I read it in some magazine that they have got CCTV now lol my azz, i was in last week to get a breakfast and there was no cameras that i could see.

Like matey says its pitch black at night time, and ive never seen any floodlights working since i stayed there, not that i stay there now no way.

Greg call in and see if they have tagiatelli on the menu board lol :stuck_out_tongue:

i am back down that way in the morning.
i will be calling to see them./
next question.
where is safe tp park in that area.
i had 4 hrs left getting off the boat.its 6 and a half to liverpool.
if i did the 4 hrs,i neednt waste a 45 minute break in the night or the morning.this is a bonus as i hate wasting time that i dont need to waste.

next time i will probably do my old trick.
park in calais and take 9 and then ship in the middle of the night and transit the uk in the night when the traffic is less.

Reef:
(did i mention i hate my firm) :smiling_imp:

Why work there if you hate it so much? :unamused:

greg50:
i am back down that way in the morning.
i will be calling to see them./
next question.
where is safe tp park in that area.
i had 4 hrs left getting off the boat.its 6 and a half to liverpool.
if i did the 4 hrs,i neednt waste a 45 minute break in the night or the morning.this is a bonus as i hate wasting time that i dont need to waste.

next time i will probably do my old trick.
park in calais and take 9 and then ship in the middle of the night and transit the uk in the night when the traffic is less.

The only secure place is the old BP truckstop at Rugby at least they have some level of security.

Last time I stayed in that area I stopped at the small truckstop in Northampton. Its in the red light area but is within walking distance of the town so is OK for pubs and food. Not likely to get slashed as the guy makes you park so close together making it really difficult to start messing with the side of your trailer.
I think its called ‘The Super Sausage’ ■■?

multimap.com/hotels/?title=T … |NN1%202SD

multimap.com/hotels/?title=T … |NN1%202SD

I apologise in replying to these comments after such a long time, but I only realised they were up on here.

I am sorry to hear about your theft Greg, Since then we have chnaged consiederably. We DO have security on all night, 7 days a week, with CCTV covering the truck Area. We are also part of the Park Mark Scheme which is accredited by the Police in the Northamptonshire area, and so if there are any problems the Police are on site in a matter or minutes.

We also are in the middle of a large scale re-furb, where we are expanding the shower blocks to 6 state of the art showers for gents, and seperate large shower area for women, a CDC shop, a new laundrette, and new cafe and bar area. The last phase of the re-furb is a paveed stone carpark, fenced, floodlight, entrance/exit barrier, and a new Truckwash operated by the LPW group.

I know this doesnt help with the issue you have, but all I can do is apologise and ask that if you are ever in the area, please do give us another chance and see how we fair. And if you do come in, please ask for Ali or Zarfeen, so I can show you around and all the changes there have been, and look after you for the night so you have no problems.

www.RedLionTruckStop.com

www.Facebook.com/redliontruckstop

I panicked then when this thread popped up, if our work place hears about things like this, a truck stop appears on the ‘do not use’ list, and The Red Lion is 1 of my favourite places to park up for the night.

Decent parking + meal voucher scheme, decent pint of beer, amazing steak n kid pudding, curry’s are ok too :laughing: . and nice friendly (and attractive) bar maids.

What more could a tramper want from a truck stop?

:grimacing:

waynedl:
I panicked then when this thread popped up, if our work place hears about things like this, a truck stop appears on the ‘do not use’ list, and The Red Lion is 1 of my favourite places to park up for the night.

Decent parking + meal voucher scheme, decent pint of beer, amazing steak n kid pudding, curry’s are ok too :laughing: . and nice friendly (and attractive) bar maids.

+1. Baggsy the layby and pocket the parking fee. Very handy location for me most tues and thurs. Dirty look in the mornings though as I never buy any breakfast but get boiling water. Im probably not the red lions favourite customer. Bit of a building site at moment.

RedLionTruckStop:
I apologise in replying to these comments after such a long time, but I only realised they were up on here.

I am sorry to hear about your theft Greg, Since then we have chnaged consiederably. We DO have security on all night, 7 days a week, with CCTV covering the truck Area. We are also part of the Park Mark Scheme which is accredited by the Police in the Northamptonshire area, and so if there are any problems the Police are on site in a matter of minutes.

LOL.

greg wont be stopping there anymore as he’s dead.

jessicas dad:
greg wont be stopping there anymore as he’s dead.

At least he is not forgotten!

And the Red Lion certainly needed the lorry park leveling, the present surface would beat the Mars lander.

pavaroti:

waynedl:

+1. Baggsy the layby and pocket the parking fee. Very handy location for me most tues and thurs. Dirty look in the mornings though as I never buy any breakfast but get boiling water. Im probably not the red lions favourite customer. Bit of a building site at moment.

Nah, rather pay the parking, can claim that back which means my meal is subsidised, if I parked outside, I’d have to buy my own meal.

Plus, our firm insists on secure parking and expect a receipt for it if you night out.