Red faces all round

This is a pretty serious one to put down to lack of experience (He’s 21)

What an utter helmet, lucky he didn’t get smashed in half

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Complete moron. The tractor was lucky to get over as it looks like he started to cross after the lights were flashing. Maybe just judging peoples mental capacity on the number of years they have managed to avoid getting into the ‘Darwin awards’, isn’t enough and there should be a mental capacity test before they are allowed a provisional vocational licence.

Even after he had made the mistake, he should have realised that his best option was simply to drive through the barriers, surely? Better to damage a few metres of aluminium tubing than an 800 tonne train…

the lights were already flashing red when the bellend tractor driver drove across, but the bus driver should have been banned
not fined 400 quid with nine points, can you imagine the carnage of a fast thru train hitting that,nob

Age and lack of experience are no defence for that complete muppetry.

My missus agreed with Harry Monks statement - even before I’d put it on the screen - she said “just drive through the barrier, better to be an alive idiot…”

The lights usually give a damned good warning before the barriers go down, this is good meaning you can stop even a 44t artic, but a lot of people just think “they give plenty of warning, I’ll nip through”
I’ve had vehicles pass me when I’ve stopped for level crossings and dive through - mostly ■■■■■■ style vans.

They should be prosecuted off the video straight away rather than waiting for a more serious mishap like this 1.

Wonder if he had passengers on?

If I had been a passenger on that, he wouldn’t ever be fit enough to drive again!

He didn’t have passengers on

Your putting your life in there hands…in this case wot a womans piece…beggers belief.

Glad I wasn’t thinking out of tune, those barriers would have been toast in no time at all, your already in the deepest do do in any case, better to be alive to take it than dead eh :slight_smile:

Phantom Mark:
Glad I wasn’t thinking out of tune, those barriers would have been toast in no time at all, your already in the deepest do do in any case, better to be alive to take it than dead eh :slight_smile:

Is the correct answer should you be unfortunate/stupid enough to put yourself there in the first place.

21 is too young to be in charge of a bus…

Most 21 yr olds can only just manage to operate an ipod… :smiley:

Why would anyone let alone someone paid by the hour take this chance, moron first class.

what a ■■■■ should be banned, and the tractor driver should be found an banned aswell the MUPPETS :imp: :imp:

Truckulent:

I have to say I agree, being in charge of a large vehicle and 50+ lives in a responsible manner is beyond the average 21yr old, heck I remember well some of the stupid stuff I used to get up to in just a 7.5t’er at that age !!

Phantom Mark:

Truckulent:

I have to say I agree, being in charge of a large vehicle and 50+ lives in a responsible manner is beyond the average 21yr old, heck I remember well some of the stupid stuff I used to get up to in just a 7.5t’er at that age !!

Im 19 + do 7.5 / 18 T work

Really its down to maturity not age, some adults act like children and vice versa, the amount of 50 year old audi drivers who race past me…

He’s a very lucky guy that it was CCTV monitored crossing in that the signaller in charge of it could see the muppet in the bus and raised the barriers to let him out before clearing his signals to run the train!
Had it been a fully automatic crossing, that bus may well have been in two pieces now! The full auto’s are controlled entirely by the trains presence on the track, if you get caught on one, maybe break down, GET OUT AND RUN! If you have time (doubtful) get on the phone.

voodoo1:

Phantom Mark:

Truckulent:

Im 19 + do 7.5 / 18 T work

Really its down to maturity not age, some adults act like children and vice versa, the amount of 50 year old audi drivers who race past me…

You don’t carry 50+ passengers on a lorry. Most 21 yr olds aren’t responsible enough to drive anything, let alone a bus with 50 lives in their hands. Sorry mate but the stats d on’t paint a very rosy picture of drivers under 25, especially blokes! Nothing personal - you do get the exception of course. But 95% aren’t resposible enough.

I agree again, A world of difference between the two simply for the lives at stake.

Truckulent:
You don’t carry 50+ passengers on a lorry. Most 21 yr olds aren’t responsible enough to drive anything, let alone a bus with 50 lives in their hands. Sorry mate but the stats d on’t paint a very rosy picture of drivers under 25, especially blokes! Nothing personal - you do get the exception of course. But 95% aren’t resposible enough.

Agree with that. Present company excepted, most of em are young, dum and full a’■■■.
What was it? About %85 of people killed on our roads are male drivers under 25.