Recommend somewhere quiet and free to park Worksop

As above, any recommendations ?

I’m going to be getting there between 22.00-24.00 ish

I’ve heard about an estate near sainsburys/mc ds but will that be ram jam by then ?
Last time I think I must of been just around the corner from that estate as I was in a lay-by walking distance from the mc ds. But don’t really fancy a layby if I can get away with it.

Going to be collecting from the flour mill on eastgate in the morning so any where close ish.

Will be heading that way from brombrough coming over woodhead so even if you could recommend somewhere decent on route would be great.

Pm me if you don’t want the world knowing

Cheers

If you park up somewhere quiet and out the way near worksop you wont have any diesel left in the morning

Really, that bad ?

You might be better off parking on the industrial estate at Tankersley with the Taybarns pub, garage and McDs on then going down in the morning as there will be somewhere to park on there at that time near the fire station. You won’t get on the industrial estate at Worksop with Sainsburys on at that time as it’s usually full by gone 19:30.
You could park across from Ron Hulls on the industrial estate near Pargate retail park in Rotherham, bang across from Ron Hulls is a Chinese restaurant and some industrial units in a square I oark there often and you will get on at that time no problems.

Wentworth Way in Tankersley or Cornish Way Parkgate Rotherham are the 2 spots.

Cheers guys

Stockyard?

Really bad around retford/Newark/Doncaster

My mate had both headlights , both rear lights and 2 kelsa bars nicked off his Scania while he was parked in Markham Moor 2 weeks ago, didnt hear a thing either

If it’s clear out side perrys fords by travis Perkins should be enough room for an artic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chaversdad:

My mate had both headlights , both rear lights and 2 kelsa bars nicked off his Scania while he was parked in Markham Moor 2 weeks ago, didnt hear a thing either

What actually in the Truckstop? :open_mouth: He wouldn’t have far to look to find the culprits of that crime about 10 yards across the road to be precise. Don’t they have a fellow that works in the hut now as you go in?

Dont know if its any good but there are a couple of fairly quiet laybys near Ollerton whichbis 10 miles from Worksop. One off the road on the A614 and one beside the road on the road between Ollerton ans Worksop. Both in walking distance of a McDonalds.

As for having stuff disappear - that end of Nottinghamshire has more “long term” caravan sites than anywhere else in the county, or quite a bit if the rest of the country.

The police put out warnings about the lay bys on the A1 between Worksop and Peterborough about 3-4 year ago saying that area was one of the worst areas in the country for load and diesel thefts. Don’t know if it’s improved at all.

I know before I left there were a fair few of the company trucks ( scanias ) that had there headlights stolen a57/ a 619 area , I did park round that area in lay-bys now and then but had no issues , but mostly parked at tesco barlborough

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
The police put out warnings about the lay bys on the A1 between Worksop and Peterborough about 3-4 year ago saying that area was one of the worst areas in the country for load and diesel thefts. Don’t know if it’s improved at all.

It was about 3-4 years ago I left the M18 and headed south on A1, passed a car transporter parked up in a lay-by, driver standing scratching his head looking at his trailer as it had a space on the arse end, turns out it had a BMW 1 series nicked off the back while he was asleep

Last time one of our drivers parked nr Worksop he got his curtains slashed on a brand new trailer

SHYTOT:
Last time one of our drivers parked nr Worksop he got his curtains slashed on a brand new trailer

Never had any problems parked around by Sainsburys and ive parked there often.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
You might be better off parking on the industrial estate at Tankersley with the Taybarns pub, garage and McDs on then going down in the morning as there will be somewhere to park on there at that time near the fire station. You won’t get on the industrial estate at Worksop with Sainsburys on at that time as it’s usually full by gone 19:30.
You could park across from Ron Hulls on the industrial estate near Pargate retail park in Rotherham, bang across from Ron Hulls is a Chinese restaurant and some industrial units in a square I oark there often and you will get on at that time no problems.

This
I’ve never had a problem parking there usually across from the fire station. The Taybarns is better swerved though, reminded me of a bad all inclusive hotel restaurant. As said around Worksop is a bit iffy

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

chaversdad:

What actually in the Truckstop? :open_mouth: He wouldn’t have far to look to find the culprits of that crime about 10 yards across the road to be precise. Don’t they have a fellow that works in the hut now as you go in?

Yep in the truckstop itself, got there at 9pm got back up at 5am and half his truck was missing :open_mouth:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Instead of doing anything and catching the rancid gypo weasels they put signs up instead.

Splendid work.

A.

Is this any good.

google.co.uk/maps/@53.33059 … 312!8i6656

Carlton Forest Distribution Centre, Blyth Rd, Worksop S81 0TP the address

Don’t know if is still a lorry park or not.