Recommend somewhere quiet and free to park Worksop

Bookers way on the ind estate Dinnington,there’s some 24 hr firms on there but quiet too ,it’s not far off route .

selby newcomer:
It was about 3-4 years ago I left the M18 and headed south on A1, passed a car transporter parked up in a lay-by, driver standing scratching his head looking at his trailer as it had a space on the arse end, turns out it had a BMW 1 series nicked off the back while he was asleep

Was a bit of ■■■■ for leaving the keys in, ramps down and all straps removed then … :slight_smile:

Good shout on wentworth way, just pulled up here now.

Cheers for that

raymundo:

selby newcomer:
It was about 3-4 years ago I left the M18 and headed south on A1, passed a car transporter parked up in a lay-by, driver standing scratching his head looking at his trailer as it had a space on the arse end, turns out it had a BMW 1 series nicked off the back while he was asleep

Was a bit of ■■■■ for leaving the keys in, ramps down and all straps removed then … :slight_smile:

I didn’t believe it when I heard about it but it was in the local rag and on here as well, I can’t work out how he didn’t feel the movement, do transporter drivers leave the cars unlocked once loaded??

Nice little added bonus is the greasy spoon has set up shop behind me. Just got up thinking I’ll have to have a stroll down the the petrol station for a coffee when I noticed.

selby newcomer:

raymundo:

selby newcomer:

I didn’t believe it when I heard about it but it was in the local rag and on here as well, I can’t work out how he didn’t feel the movement, do transporter drivers leave the cars unlocked once loaded??

I’m sure they keep the set of keys for the last car in the truck with them and then proceed to lock the keys for the car in front in the last car and so on. So if that’s true then if they looked properly they could’ve had the one off in front of it too no probs.

BradCarTransporter:
Nice little added bonus is the greasy spoon has set up shop behind me. Just got up thinking I’ll have to have a stroll down the the petrol station for a coffee when I noticed.

You got on there no probs then at that time early morning? It’s busy always around by Taybarns and along the road to the fire station but other parts of the estate are usually ok.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

BradCarTransporter:

You got on there no probs then at that time early morning? It’s busy always around by Taybarns and along the road to the fire station but other parts of the estate are usually ok.

Rolled up at 1am, cane in from the garage end and thought I wasn’t gonna get parked, carried on past the fire station hooked a left and it was almost empty down there. Nice and quiet. Cheers for that pal