Recommend a lgv training school In Norfolk please?

afternoon all :slight_smile:

can anyone point me towards a good training school for my first lgv (c) licence in the norfolk area?

I’m in Dereham, so pretty central in terms of travelling.

Am just pulling all the ‘bits’ together and there seems so much variation amongst the training schools :open_mouth: - any advice appreciated.

cheers.

Matt :

Welcome cartmaker :smiley:
Do a search on this site to find out what training schools are/are not recommended.
For schools in Norfolk you could ask Mothertrucker - you can send her a PM (private message) by finding a post (using search at the top) by her and then clicking her name to access her avatar PM or e-mail or website.
Try this for some pre training tips trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23857
ANOTHER NEWBIE wrote:
Can anybody explain the process over the forum as to what i have to do to start with so I can tick them off on paper.

LGV C (Rigid) formally Class 2:

Anyone who passes their car driving test and wants to drive a large goods vehicle will need additional training to be brought to the DSA standard. The vehicles used will also have to conform to the standards as set by the DSA.
The vehicle must conform to the following:
Boxed/curtain sided vehicles
Length 8 metres
Width 2.4 metres
8 forward gears
Tachograph
ABS as standard

Requirements:

Stage 1
Have a medical to prove you are physically fit to drive a Large Goods Vehicle using
Form D4 of the pack (obtainable from various driving schools). Please contact you’re GP or we recommend www.driversmedicals.com who can provide low-cost medical examinations.
Stage 2
Obtain your provisional licence. Having completed forms D2 & D4 send with your licence to the DVLA in the enclosed envelope, I recommended that you send it record/registered delivery. Your licence with provisional entitlement will normally be returned within 2 to 4 weeks.
Stage 3
Pass the theory test. This is carried out at local test centres and made up of two parts; Part 1 is multiple choice, 60 questions and Part 2 is hazard perception, 14 video clips.
Stage 4
Book your training course with LGV Training school. Once you have passed your theory.

Test Criteria:
Answer approximately 5 questions on basic vehicle checks.
Reverse into a marked bay.
Controlled brake test.
Drive for approximately 1 hour around the town. Test may also include hill starts and motorway driving.

Order a D2 Form (MARK FORM FOR C NOT C1)
forms.dvla.gov.uk/forms/ordering_forms_dg.htm
Fill the form and a D2 form will be send to in the post
Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form
direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg … 020731.pdf
Please print and take to your GP if you have the facilities at home or work

Theory - get book /CD rom + HPT (Hazard Perception Test) again, you can get CD rom to practice. Best idea - get in touch with LGV school and, for a fee, they will train you and may have cheap medical.
Read posts on this site before booking any LGV school course - if in a certain area ask about a school near you on here. It may be worth you considering a B&B elsewhere in UK to do a course.
The driver CPC is not the same as the other CPCs.
Digital tachos are usually required by agencies if you work for them but you are responsible for getting one. If you work for a non-agency they might be nice and pay for it but don’t hold your breath!

hi there and thanks for getting back to me…

i should of mentioned that i searched the site before i posted (i hate to waste peoples time :wink: ) …

I have heard that NTS in Norwich are ok - does anyone have any experience of their set-up?

I will pm mothertrucker.

Loads of really helpful and useful posts/info on this site - very glad i came across it :slight_smile:

thanks

matt

Definetley give Mothertrucker a pm.
Good training school.

I used Norfolk Training services in Norwich. Really friendly and got me through my class C first time. norfolktraining.co.uk/

welcome to Trucknet GrahamB :smiley:

Welcome to Trucknet GrahamB and Cartmaker.
Any questions or help and advice needed, just shout out. :laughing:

Compass Training at North Tuddenham are your nearest. Haven’t experienced them myself, but I’ve heard they’re ok.

Otherwise:

NTS in Norwich as mentioned.

Driver Transport Training in Norwich.

There’s one in Rackheath, can’t remember the name (ALM or something similar) they seem to be new as I’ve only started seeing them about recently.

Peeks in Lowestoft/Beccles I did mine with them…pretty good but probably a bit far for you.

GrahamB:
I used Norfolk Training services in Norwich. Really friendly and got me through my class C first time. norfolktraining.co.uk/

I tried to contact them via thier website for C+E training but after 3 days they still havent responded.

i got my C licence through NTS Norwich was very friendly