LGV C training - Norfolk, cambs, lincs - Who to use?

Im part way through doing my theory tests and starting to look around at getting my C training booked, just wondering if there are any companies to avoid and who the better ones are and people recommend?

I am in Kings Lynn, so would condiser any in Norfolk, Cambs or Lincs.

so far got Boston LGV, East coast driver training (seem very cheap), NTS and thetford transport training on my list.

Any recomendations of who people have passed with? :smiley:

A read of this thread may help

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

Dean

Have a look at the link then if you can go & visit the provider you are interested in to have a talk & look round but dont always go for the cheapest go for who you think is going to be best for you ( who will get you through the test )

Ask them to print a break down of the price they have quote you

Priestley LGV ( not far from Long Sutton) comes highly recommended by the PDA.

Pat

East cost are cheap because they donā€™t charge vat. And you only get 2 days plus test. They donā€™t adjust it for you. And the rigid vehicle is tiny and over powered. Julia was very kind in giving me info but I went with peeks in the end, spent more money but got a course tailored to my needs.

See If you can get an assessment lesson so you can see if you get on with the instructor, and they can see how many days you need.

Good luck. I remember my training being great fun being in control of a behemoth.

thanks for replys, keep them coming!

Priestly look a good option as there close to me and test in peterborough, anybody been with them??

thanks saxmachine for advice on east coast, rather have a course that suits me than one that suits the training company

I did my C through East Coast and they couldnā€™t have been more helpful. I had 2 full days and a couple of hours before the test too. Ā£815 I think including the test fee. They fitted the days around me at the last minute. Also given the option of doing it over 4 days and sharing the time with another learner.

W.

My other half did his training with Priestleys after failing three times before with other schools,
Theyā€™re extremely good for pre test nerves :wink: :laughing:

Pat

Have also heard good reports about Priestley LGV - who ever you use check how much driving you actually do - I would recommmend one to one tuition - could never see the point in watching another learners mistakes - good luck whoever you choose

ruffgti:
Priestly look a good option as there close to me and test in peterborough, anybody been with them??

Hi ruffgti,

Priestley LGV are on the TN list of recommended LGV training providers, so at least one TN member has trained with them in the past and then left a recommendation.

You can check them out by clicking this link: :arrow_right: http://www.priestleylgv.co.uk/

If you decide to train with them, please pass my regards to the office lady and the instructor. :wink:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

Hi ya, I Passed my C+E first time with East coast driver training and they are A+ and the best in the area, You get a first class service an I highly recommend them to everyone that asks.

Pop in and see a fewā€¦a visit will give you a chance to see the company and perhaps the vehicles. Some good companies have been mentioned in this post. You should be fine. Enjoy aand let us know how you get on?

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/advice.php

The Saxmachine:
East cost are cheap because they donā€™t charge vat. And you only get 2 days plus test. They donā€™t adjust it for you. And the rigid vehicle is tiny and over powered. Julia was very kind in giving me info but I went with peeks in the end, spent more money but got a course tailored to my needs.

See If you can get an assessment lesson so you can see if you get on with the instructor, and they can see how many days you need.

Good luck. I remember my training being great fun being in control of a behemoth.

I went with East Coast driver after being recommened by a mate and its the best thing I did, not only did I get a cheap deal with no VAT, They tailered the days to help me with work and got a a+ service with 2 full days driving and a few hours befor my test,witch was more than enough with one to one driving time.

Bigdave:
Hi ya, I Passed my C+E first time with East coast driver training and they are A+ and the best in the area, You get a first class service an I highly recommend them to everyone that asks.

Hi Bigdave,

Iā€™ve just added :arrow_right: http://www.eastcoastdrivertraining.co.uk/ to the TN list of recommended LGV training providers, so Iā€™d like to say ā€˜thanksā€™ to you and PilotWolf for the tip. :wink: :smiley:

thanks for all the replys lots of good advice,

Got a few companies to look into and iā€™l definately be giving Priestly a call as they seem the closest to Lynn

Has anyone used Thetford transport training or Boston training? any good or bad reportsā– ā– ?

Iā€™m another satisfied customer of East Coast Driver Training too, as I passed my cat C yesterday with them.

I had an assessment drive with them before I booked my course and after an hours drive, I was happy to book with them. When it came to the first day of my course, I was suprised to find a different instructor waiting for me. Maybe I should have asked if I would have the same instructor for my course? I wasnā€™t dissapointed, just suprised.

Anyway, they come highly recommended by me and I will be going back for C+E as soon as I have the money.

Brendon:
Iā€™m another satisfied customer of East Coast Driver Training too, as I passed my cat C yesterday with them.

:smiley: :smiley: .

I have given up driver training now after 7 years (for a quieter life), but even though Iā€™m no longer at Boston LGV, I would say that they have the best success rate of all trainers in Peterborough, and are well worth checking out.

It is always worth visiting several companies, checking out their vehicles and staff and making your own mind up. Also bear in mind that a lot of companies are ā€˜creativeā€™ with their pass rates as there is no way of actually checking them. If you are not sure, hang around the tea bar in Peterborough opposite the test centre that Instructors use and ask questions. :wink:

Brendon:

Hi Brendon,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your ā€œCā€ test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

Brendon:

:smiley: :smiley: .

dieseldave:

Brendon:

Hi Brendon,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your ā€œCā€ test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys.