recall

anyone driving a daf xf,have you had a recall for a fault in the braking system,mine goes in on wednesday to get fixed,we got a red letter about it,i complained to nortruck about brake fault but said they couldnt find anything wrong then we get this.

And what brake fault did you complain about,what was your prob.had a major brake fault with another make of vehicle which manufacturer claimed
could not be except I filmed it.

drive forward,brake,select reverse,try to move,brakes on,disconnect air lines from trailer,hit shunt button,select reverse,move the vehicle,but last time it did it,disconnected air lines and still wouldnt move,brake lights on on the unit,took ages to get it all moving again,luckily happened in our yard,its got something to do with handbrake system

Well there is a lad on here is an expert on Daf’s he prob knows what prob is but if it’s a major recall best you get it in and let them sort it.

how new is the truck? there is a recall out on a fair amount of 12plate and early 62 XF’s (only XF afaik) which is replacing all the pipe connectors on the park brake circuit or something along those lines

Seem to remember daf having to do a recall a few years back cos they had put the air pipes on the brakes the wrong way round.:open_mouth:

yeah mine is a 12 plate,its been in now and doesnt feel any different.

mine is an 11 plate and it had a recall against it at the dealer when it went into service that was about 8 week ago but it never got done due to lack of parts something to do with pipes in the engine but its never missed a beat

bobbert_bear:
drive forward,brake,select reverse,try to move,brakes on,disconnect air lines from trailer,hit shunt button,select reverse,move the vehicle,but last time it did it,disconnected air lines and still wouldnt move,brake lights on on the unit,took ages to get it all moving again,luckily happened in our yard,its got something to do with handbrake system

XF 's had this sort of problem about 4-5 yeras ago .Handbrake would not release for whatever reason then 15 mins later it went off . Can’t remember exactly what the cause was but I think it was something to do with the handbrake lever in the cab.

the brake fault that you refer to is to replace the voss coupling on the park brake system only with raufoss couplings

damoq:
Seem to remember daf having to do a recall a few years back cos they had put the air pipes on the brakes the wrong way round.:open_mouth:

that recall was to check that the rear axle ebs /brake pipes where correctly connected to the correct wheel ,some clown at the factory would connect the pipe for the N/S/R to the O/S/R which would be an experience if the EBS kicked in

bobbert_bear:
anyone driving a daf xf,have you had a recall for a fault in the braking system,mine goes in on wednesday to get fixed,we got a red letter about it,i complained to nortruck about brake fault but said they couldnt find anything wrong then we get this.

meant to say the recall isn’t anything to do with the fault you are experiencing…it’s a new style coupling being fitted to the park brake system…the only issues that you would suffer with this recall is air leaks at the voss couplings

bobbert_bear:

if your brake lights are on then the brakes are on,you don’t have a carpet fitted ,even a DAF one?? as if they slide under the pedal it will apply the brakes…if it is the handbrake the (P) will be on the dash then it could be the safety valve on the APU …but since you say tthe brake lights are on id discount the handbrake …sounds more footbrake valve /sticking pedal /carpet /mat under the pedal

phantom309:
how new is the truck? there is a recall out on a fair amount of 12plate and early 62 XF’s (only XF afaik) which is replacing all the pipe connectors on the park brake circuit or something along those lines

CF is also included all versions ie FT , FTG ,FAD .FTT etc

cliffton 27:
mine is an 11 plate and it had a recall against it at the dealer when it went into service that was about 8 week ago but it never got done due to lack of parts something to do with pipes in the engine but its never missed a beat

They have to order the kit for that vehicle ,…There is a check only on the turbo drain or feed pipe on certain chassis numbers

norb:

damoq:

that recall was to check that the rear axle ebs /brake pipes where correctly connected to the correct wheel ,some clown at the factory would connect the pipe for the N/S/R to the O/S/R which would be an experience if the EBS kicked in

Would that have caused the EBS to fail if the pipes were on back to front? Just curious cos the EBS module packed up on an 05reg cf I drove when it was less than 3 months old. Daf fitter said it was a very strange thing to fail on a new truck.

damoq:

norb:

damoq:

Would that have caused the EBS to fail if the pipes were on back to front? Just curious cos the EBS module packed up on an 05reg cf I drove when it was less than 3 months old. Daf fitter said it was a very strange thing to fail on a new truck.

it would cause a fail or effect the electronics as they will do what is required ,the issue is due to the pipes being on the wrong wheel the EBS releases /applies the wrong brake in an EBS situation …it has no effect on the normal braking

norb:

damoq:

norb:

damoq:

it would cause a fail or effect the electronics as they will do what is required ,the issue is due to the pipes being on the wrong wheel the EBS releases /applies the wrong brake in an EBS situation …it has no effect on the normal braking

sorry there i misspelt the odd word …
it wouldn’t causean ecu to fail or effect the electronic in any way as they just operater as they see a situation…an ecu shouldn’t fail on a new vehicle ,but like anything in life they fail ,hence warranty wether it be a tv or whatever

Not sure about the newer XF’s but we recovered quite a few 2009 time with mysterious fires most of which were traced back to a brake fault!

never came across that .though the brake caliper manufacturer who supply not just DAF have modified their calipers