recall

norb:

norb:

damoq:

norb:

damoq:
Seem to remember daf having to do a recall a few years back cos they had put the air pipes on the brakes the wrong way round.:open_mouth:

that recall was to check that the rear axle ebs /brake pipes where correctly connected to the correct wheel ,some clown at the factory would connect the pipe for the N/S/R to the O/S/R which would be an experience if the EBS kicked in

Would that have caused the EBS to fail if the pipes were on back to front? Just curious cos the EBS module packed up on an 05reg cf I drove when it was less than 3 months old. Daf fitter said it was a very strange thing to fail on a new truck.

it would cause a fail or effect the electronics as they will do what is required ,the issue is due to the pipes being on the wrong wheel the EBS releases /applies the wrong brake in an EBS situation ā€¦it has no effect on the normal braking

sorry there i misspelt the odd word ā€¦
it wouldnā€™t causean ecu to fail or effect the electronic in any way as they just operater as they see a situationā€¦an ecu shouldnā€™t fail on a new vehicle ,but like anything in life they fail ,hence warranty wether it be a tv or whatever

I think I might have got the Friday built truck in our fleet then. In its first 6 months, the EBS module packed up, the alternator packed up and the fuse box went on fire. Oh and if that wasnā€™t bad enough, it was smashed twice by people reversing into it in the yard. Possibly just a jinxed truck.

itā€™s unfortunately one of those things that happens to every manufacturer the world over ,mind you cant blame manufacturer for others hitting it lol

dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls ā€¦ =BRAKE&tx=

or just google vosa recalls and search daf brake