Reasons to be Proud of being English

• Two World Wars and One World Cup doo-dah doo-dah.

• “Proper” beer… or so you think.

• You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket, including yourselves.

• You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events (as if you have
    another option).

• Union jack underpants.

• Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.

• You can live in the past and pretend that you are still a world power.

• Bathing once a week-whether you need to or not (may or may not include
    changing your underwear).

• If nothing else, it beats being Welsh.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :exclamation:
TWO World cups if you don’t mind :slight_smile: 1966 Football (thats football as opposed to dressing up in a suit of armour and playing pretend Rugby)
2004 Rugby world cup :exclamation: as you should know Kate, I witnessed you cheering when Johny Wilkinson made that drop kick :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kate Hasler:

• Two World Wars and One World Cup doo-dah doo-dah.

Was it just the English who won the world wars?

Kate Hasler:

• “Proper” beer… or so you think.

There is noone who produces better beer than the English i must admit, i just hope you as a sherman tank are not reffering to lager which you seem to think is real beer.

Kate Hasler:

• You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket, including yourselves.

Have you tried to understand American football■■?.

Kate Hasler:

• You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events (as if you have
    another option).

Rioting and fighting is hardly gracious even when the English arent playing in England they still riot.

Kate Hasler:

• Union jack underpants.

I always thought the Union Jack was British.

Kate Hasler:

• Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.

Ok you,ve got them on that one.

Kate Hasler:

• You can live in the past and pretend that you are still a world power.

We could always try and take over the world again just as soon as the yanks are finished their attempt.

Kate Hasler:

• Bathing once a week-whether you need to or not (may or may not include
    changing your underwear).

Where did that one come from, i can only assume as your are married to an Englishman he,s not very clean ( sorry Pat), as its not the case with anyone i know in England■■?.

Kate Hasler:

• If nothing else, it beats being Welsh.

I find this statement VERY insulting , considering it is from someone who spat their dummy out about being called a yank…

lol may have spat my dummy out for being called a yank… but it did no good, as you’ve used the term in your reply here… so all’s fair.

And I didn’t write this… it was on a Nationalism joke page, thought it was amusing considering all the Anti American jokes around here… seems the shoe doesn’t fit well on the other foot though… does it?? :unamused:

Its at time like this I am glad to be Scottish :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :angry: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

From Norwich its the reply of the week!

We could always try and take over the world again just as soon as the yanks are finished their attempt.

ROFLMFAO!!

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Quality reply jammy :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

SimonRS2K:
Quality reply jammy :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

lol Jammy seems to have lost his sense of humor… are you sure you’re really Hawkeye Pierce■■? HE would found this funny… lol :laughing: :wink:

tdriver:
Its at time like this I am glad to be Scottish :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :angry: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TD i am Scottish too i just dont like it when people take the ■■■■ out of my fellow Brits, and especially when they take offence to silly little things.

Like i have said before the day some lefty Liberal tells an Englishman he cant fly a St George flag outside his house because it upsets ethnic minorities is the day i will fly a St George flag outside mine.

I’ve taken way more than my fair share of “jokes” about Americans on here. And I’m told that I need to grow up, not take it seriously, nobody means any offense, I need to get a better sense of humor, I take things too personally… blah blah blah blah… I could go on and on… so I’ve tried to do that… and as soon as I lighten up and give back a little of what I get,… what happens? Foot stomping and finger pointing about how I couldn’t take a joke, so have no right to make one in return■■? I haven’t seen the American jokes some to a sudden halt around here just cause I didn’t like them, so give me a break… how hypocritical can ya get? Amazing how it doesnt seem so funny when the roles are reversed isn’t it? But I’m the one that’s too sensitive■■? Spare me! And anybody who knows me at all knows my opinion of Brits… I AM married to one ya know.

Jammy,

You have Kate all wrong :exclamation: She was only quoting an artical in a British National Party publication.
She loves all things British (except Marmite :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: Strange person )

As for bathing once a week, She will tell you, I shower every day, sometimes twice a day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bathe once a week, isn’t that a bit excessive! :wink:
The next thing she’ll want is for us to go to the dentist!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
Bathe once a week, isn’t that a bit excessive! :wink:
The next thing she’ll want is for us to go to the dentist!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Way to go LT. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Would our sense of humour and irony be another scource of national pride?

What about our music and radio?

Then add in a Devon cream tea, a Cornish pasty, Sunday roast, chedder cheese.

We could move to literature with authors like Shakespear, Dickens, or contemporaries like Ian Flemming, Jack Higgins (OK he’s Northern Irish).

And some quite stunning architecture - St Pauls cathederal, the first Severn bridge, the Forth rail bridge and the Eden project.

Best of all IMHO is our understated modesty.

PMSL … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Gotta love you guys!!!

Reasons to be Proud of being English

sorry can’t think of one good reason why you’d want to be proud of being english :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tin hat is on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

do yer best :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: We nearly allways beat you ‘sweaties’ at football and rugby :laughing:
with very few exceptions (that I bet you can name passionately Because its so few!)

BryanH:
with very few exceptions (that I bet you can name passionately Because its so few!)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yep your right Bryan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Who are you calling sweetie?.. :wink: :wink: :wink:

BryanH:

is that yer best :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So how did a simple bit of a micky take end-up in a fight :confused: I’ll resist streotyping Scotsmen. :smiley:
I’m English and can answer the bath question, in a country this wet you don’t want to wash to often as it washes the waterproofing out of you skin and hair. :smiley: Hey but at least the smell keeps your cousin from wanting to marry you. :smiley: :laughing: Oh I live in Norfolk so that might not be quite true :blush:
And we don’t have a president called Bush, although I’ve called our PM something similar a few times. :laughing: