Really? ..... WTF?

Pulled up near goods in at Asda Avonmouth, 3 hours late (for a change), spends 20 mins negotiating how they really should take their stuff as they ordered it and it does actually have a 2 year shelf life, so 3 hours isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, my winning charm and ready smile saved the day, but imagine my surprise to discover this below when I got back to the motor!

No sign of the missing mirror or arm, nobody saw anything and "apparently’ their cctv wasn’t covering where I was parked!

Now sat outside City Commercials who can’t get another arm until tomorrow, or maybe as late as Friday!

image.jpg

They surely have a record of who was using the bay next to you.

Don’t Nobby keep spares? Can’t they send one of their own fitters?

Wasn’t on a bay mate, parked on lorry park. My depot is 150 miles away and I imagine they keep mirrors, but not the whole assembly.

the maoster:
Wasn’t on a bay mate, parked on lorry park. My depot is 150 miles away and I imagine they keep mirrors, but not the whole assembly.

Ah crap. Good luck buddy.

The o/s mirror is optional. Crack on drive. :laughing:

Could’nt you have ‘fashioned one up’ out of an old pukka pie tin or summin??
Give up so easily!!! :laughing: :laughing:
Joking aside, that is a proper ■■■■■■

Duct tape,

Turns no no no into mmmmmmmmm.

Did you see any Stobart drivers making a hasty exit?

You didn’t spot ‘Ricecrispies’ reversing did you :grimacing:

Contraflow:

An odd coincidence, but a Stobart has just taken my mirrors off at Asda Washington

Saw a truck with his passenger side mirror arm broken off like that driving through the tight roads of the Forest Of Dean yesterday. Bugger that for a laugh, I’d not drive without it.

sayersy:

Contraflow:

An odd coincidence, but a Stobart has just taken my mirrors off at Asda Washington

I think we’ve got our man. Did you get his reg?

Contraflow:

sayersy:

Contraflow:

Yep. And, he was…French! Fairly conclusive, don’t you think?

sayersy:

Contraflow:

sayersy:

Contraflow:

Yep. And, he was…French! Fairly conclusive, don’t you think?

not until its confirmed he/she was agency :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . These replies have cheered my mood up. Thanx fellas. I know it’s not my truck and I won’t have to pay for it, but it ■■■■■■ me off when I or someone else damages it.

Come on drive.Use your initiative. Is that a Merc?.Theres a shaving mirror in one of them top lockers. Couple cable ties and your good to go.lol

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Ffs, don’t give my gaffer ideas!

Ain’t you got a shaving mirror you could hang out the window all day? You’d only get a dead arm :smiley:

Nozza:
Come on drive.Use your initiative. Is that a Merc?.Theres a shaving mirror in one of them top lockers. Couple cable ties and your good to go.lol

Didn’t see this post :unamused:

Has anyone noticed that this forum gets sillier as the week goes on? Monday morning, and everyone is sensible and talking about investments and pensions, but by Friday we’re all cab happy and acting like schoolboys