Really need some advice please read :)

Peter Smythe:

They reckon this method of learning in a c1 and a c+e in prep for c is a tried and proven method

Stick to your guns. You are entitled to a full refund. Hold out for it and take them to court if needs be.

If you need an expert witness, I’ll do it FOC.

l:

That’s a very decent offer Peter, you’ve gone up yet another rung in my book (you’ll be walking on water at this rate :sunglasses: ), not many men of principle left, chapeau!

Did you go direct to a training school or did you book through a broker :question:

Radar19:
Best to say mum about the name of the company, you don’t want to get involved in that. Once you get your refund give one of the trainers that post on here a go.

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Find one in your local area first, call em for an assessment drive then give them a whirl. I personally went with PSTT but those schools are recommended by Trucknetters who passed so that speaks volumes.

The training company in question is on that list when I get refund I don’t know if I will try again they honestly scared the life out of me. That c+e was juddering all over the instructor said it wasn’t caused by me it was because no trailer on the back ? Then the service lights came on and something was beeping really put me off which is a shame as its taken me ages to get this far :frowning:

ROG:
Did you go direct to a training school or did you book through a broker :question:

I went directly through a training school :slight_smile:

The training company in question is on that list when I get refund I don’t know if I will try again they honestly scared the life out of me. That c+e was juddering all over the instructor said it wasn’t caused by me it was because no trailer on the back ? Then the service lights came on and something was beeping really put me off which is a shame as its taken me ages to get this far :frowning:

I sympathise with the OP. He’s used a trainer from the recommended list and still come unstuck. A trainer can get on that list with one recommendation and, so far as I am aware (and I stand to be corrected) they stay there ad infinitum. To have the life scared out of you is simply shocking and should never happen. A solo tractor unit is not the most friendly animal and it’s crazy to use it for CAT C training. As for the lights, most trucks seem to be plagued by spurious warning lights. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a light that came on to tell you that there are no other lights on!

You shouldn’t be put off by this one, unfortunate, scenario.

The DVSA (the folks who conduct your driving test) have a list of LGV Accredited Training Centres. It is here:

dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

The trainers on this list have demonstrated the highest level of instructional ability and professionalism in their operation. And we are audited every year to ensure that standards are not allowed to slip. On top of that, a dissatisfied candidate could make a report to the DVSA who, I’m sure, would take great interest. So this is a serious quality assurance scheme. As I always say, there are good trainers who aren’t on the list for various reasons. The problem comes in the candidate having to pick their way through them and taking the risk as demonstrated by the OP.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ryan101:

A solo Tractor is quite fun really, they power slide really well(so I’m told :blush: )

But for a novice to be put in that position is just wrong on so many levels.

I do hope you don’t let these charletons stop you from pursuing your dream, or at least becoming a trucker, its a great life.

Peter “he’s not the messiah, he’ just a naughty boy” Smythe, has given you sound advice :smiley:

Juddian:
[ Peter, you’ve gone up yet another rung in my book (you’ll be walking on water at this rate :sunglasses: ),!

Sorry Juddian, couldn’t resist :wink:

Bugger me, and there i was about to email the Pope to start beatification process of a new Saint Peter…not as we’re calling for your early demise Pete… :smiling_imp:

Peter could I report these people to the DVSA ?

Ryan101:

Radar19:
Best to say mum about the name of the company, you don’t want to get involved in that. Once you get your refund give one of the trainers that post on here a go.

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Find one in your local area first, call em for an assessment drive then give them a whirl. I personally went with PSTT but those schools are recommended by Trucknetters who passed so that speaks volumes.

Yes, to much power, no weight on the drive wheels, they spin and cabin shakes. Go gentle on the acceleration paddle and you will be OK, also to prevent wheel spin start from standing still position from a higher gear(2nd or 3rd).
I wish you luck on the money back and finding a proper school.
Please do tell the company when times come.

Dolph:

Ryan101:

Radar19:

Yes, to much power, no weight on the drive wheels, they spin and cabin shakes. Go gentle on the acceleration paddle and you will be OK, also to prevent wheel spin start from standing still position from a higher gear(2nd or 3rd).
I wish you luck on the money back and finding a proper school.
Please do tell the company when times come.

Not to mention the suspension is shocking without weight! :laughing:

Your wrong mate apparently it done that as I couldn’t get used to it or shake the nerves because I was having marital problems! That’s what the instructor said to manager I kid you not. I told them straight iv not mentioned my personal buisness to him only that I was a carer for my disabled little girl and doing this so I could get back in to full time work as job seems stable! Well apparently this guy has had many years of experiance and picked up on issues me and the Mrs didn’t even know we were having haha he’s telling me it’s nothing I’m doing then telling the boss I had family issues ffs :imp:

Ryan101:
Your wrong mate apparently it done that as I couldn’t get used to it or shake the nerves because I was having marital problems! That’s what the instructor said to manager I kid you not. I told them straight iv not mentioned my personal buisness to him only that I was a carer for my disabled little girl and doing this so I could get back in to full time work as job seems stable! Well apparently this guy has had many years of experiance and picked up on issues me and the Mrs didn’t even know we were having haha he’s telling me it’s nothing I’m doing then telling the boss I had family issues ffs :imp:

■■■■■■■ laugh a minute this lot sound! I’d be absolutely steaming.

Whilst I totally get why you haven’t publicly named the company, I would be kicking up the most almighty fuss. As said they are in breach of their contract, and as such you are entitled to a full refund.

I appreciate the othe party is not here to refute the claims but if even half of what Ryan is saying is true, this totally unacceptable. They certainly want taking off the Recommended by Tnet User thread…

The funny part about it is it’s all true I can show you all the letter with all this on :laughing: the best about it I was actually willing to go back when they got the correct lorry but as soon as they start lying about my personal life that was last straw. They obviously been slagging me off so I couldn’t go back ohhh well this was the first letter reply will see what this next one says. But I will post a screen shot of these letters haha

could I report these people to the DVSA ?

In a word, no. The trainer is not accredited by DVSA so they wont be interested. An accredited trainer would be extremely concerned about a negative report to DVSA. Thankfully, I’ve never experienced that. Some folks have had some success with Trading Standards if that helps.

Ryan101:
The funny part about it is it’s all true I can show you all the letter with all this on :laughing: the best about it I was actually willing to go back when they got the correct lorry but as soon as they start lying about my personal life that was last straw. They obviously been slagging me off so I couldn’t go back ohhh well this was the first letter reply will see what this next one says. But I will post a screen shot of these letters haha

Hold off posting any information or copies of letters you send them. Judges tend to be very matter of fact and if the trainers show them stuff posted on social media it will do you more harm than good. Once resolved then put as much stuff up as you like.
All a judge would be interested in is what you paid for and what you received. Family issues wouldn’t be of any concern for them as any family matter didn’t change the fact you weren’t provided the training vehicle you paid for.
Has the company got any terms and conditions you signed/accepted when making your booking? Just check carefully for any clause that states they can downgrade your training vehicle of the correct one is not available.
Is it something you cover in your terms and conditions Pete?
PM me the name of you want and if they have a website I’ll have a read.

Is it something you cover in your terms and conditions Pete?

Yes. And, if I read the OP properly, he would have instantly have been offered a full refund or alternative dates together with a huge apology. BUT, it wouldn’t happen as we have spare vehicles.

Before we had spare vehicles, I have been known to hire a suitable vehicle (either from a hire company or another trainer) and have also been out on a Sunday purchasing a vehicle rather than let anyone down.

It’s just not in my DNA to mess my customers about and it sickens me every time I hear reports like this.

Peter Smythe:

In a word, no. The trainer is not accredited by DVSA so they wont be interested. An accredited trainer would be extremely concerned about a negative report to DVSA. Thankfully, I’ve never experienced that. Some folks have had some success with Trading Standards if that helps.

I’ve just had a look at the webiste and they claim to be an accredited DSA training centre. I’ve then looked at the Direct.gov website where they are not listed.
Get a screenshot of this claim on the website and I’d also be reporting them for trading using this as an enticement when it’s false.
Can’t see any terms and conditions on the website though. I’m guessing they were sent with the paperwork.

Top man Pete :slight_smile:
On my letter terms states less than 7 days notice a full refund is in order or reschedul the dates now the way i see it, it was Easter, it was good Friday then bank holiday Monday I started the Tuesday so the van must of been in garage before good Friday? Leaving ample time to rearrange or even ring and say they had issues. When I went and they said gonna lend a lorry I just assumed it would be another class 2 they can’t seem to grasp I was fobbed off for 3 days in a row and what would they do if they didn’t get it back at all in time for my test and all I had drove was 2 totally different things.

I would of obviously failed and for them to offer me 495.00 plus my test fee back is a kick in the teeth

m1cks:

Peter Smythe:

I’ve just had a look at the webiste and they claim to be an accredited DSA training centre. I’ve then looked at the Direct.gov website where they are not listed.
Get a screenshot of this claim on the website and I’d also be reporting them for trading using this as an enticement when it’s false.
Can’t see any terms and conditions on the website though. I’m guessing they were sent with the paperwork.

Your right I just looked :laughing: I have a screenshot of that now thanks for that! Yeah I have the terms and conditions on my paperwork :slight_smile:

Peter Smythe:
It’s just not in my DNA to mess my customers about and it sickens me every time I hear reports like this.

Is this a problem within the training industry, or are circumstances like this rare, I’ll be pretty shocked if its regular :open_mouth:

I remember back when I did mine straight to class 1(1988), I did book with what was the main and most recognised local HGV training school Transport Training Norwich(now NTS) who are still trading today, though not the cheapest.

I am making no assumption about the price the OP paid, just a thought to others, that they may need to think about quality over price a school with a back up plan may need to charge a liitle extra, but will be less likely to let you down :wink: