Real Budweiser is in the UK at last

I’ve just found some of the real Budweiser, the genuine Czech stuff, in Asda.
There use to be an agreement between the American big profit poor quality name sake & the original Czech producer that they did not go into competition with each other, but now… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Real Bud (Budvar) has been on sale in Tesco since I can remember :exclamation:

Also available on draught for ages in a lot of pubs…

whenever i can i always buy the foreign beers cos they put our ones to shame…well the lagers anyway…and you can buy F.S. the tukish beer over here in makro for the ex middle east boys …i`ll have one too if your buying…cheers !!
have a nice day

that budvar tastes gash (got absolutley lashed on my stag night on that stuff) give me the pop budweiser stuff any day.

in fact make mine a stella :smiley:

jon

For years, we weren’t able to get the real Lowenbrau here in the states, because Miller bought the rights to the name and slapped it on some weak piddle that they brewed for the ignoramuses we have over here. Now, after 25 years, they can legally sell the real Lowenbrau over here again.

After years of drinking lager etc on recent cruise up Lake George I decided to have a Bass, it had been over 20 years since drinking that type of beer :exclamation:

Gone are the bottles of Coors and Bud from my fridge, it now contains Bass ‘Imported from England’ it states on the label :laughing:

You can keep your BUD!..I dont know how they can call it beer?

Bully

Are you sure that Bass is from England?? I thought that all the Bass and Guiness sold in the stores here was brewed by Molson’s in Ontario.

Gone are the bottles of Coors and Bud from my fridge, it now contains Bass ‘Imported from England’ it states on the label

Errr, except that Bass is owned and marketed by Coors :confused:

Burton on Trent was the home of Bass and brewing ale, It is now wholly run by Coors

Anyone for a Jubilee?

bud is that good its the only beer landlords give us after a drop.i give to the dog but dont tell the R.S.P.C.A.

Bass is made on the Glen road in Belfast! The brewery is in the middle of two schools, one of them being my old school! When I first got my forkie licence many moons ago, one of the first jobs that an agency sent me to was Bass Ireland! I know the brewery is closing and not sure if production still goes on there, but as long as I live Ill never forget that smell of the brewery whilst playing football in the playground!

Kev

There truly is only one great (beer to our american friends) LAGER to drink in the uk and thats Stella Artois by far the best Carlsberg could only imply its probably the best Stella is the best…

P.S. and no i dont beat the wife however i have used it to clean the oven…

I can solve this…The print on the 6-pack of Bass on the kitchen counter says… “IMPORTED FROM BRITAIN”… and the label reads… "Brewed by Interbrew UK LTD, Luton, LU1 3LS, England…
And the website confirms that its only made in England…
www.bassale.com

And the Guinness we’ve got says… Brewed by St James Gate, Dublin, Ireland, Imported to US by Diageo, Guinness USA, Stamford, CT.

bass in its orginal form was broken up when interbrew brought them out,so they had to get rid of a few brands because of the monopolies commision.

bass beer is interbrew,carling and caffreys and your alco pops like reef is brewed by coors.
marstons (home of pedigree)is also brewing carlingand carling is also canned at that brewery down in blandford which name escapes me.

bass brewery is no more,

"Brewed by Interbrew UK LTD, Luton, LU1 3LS, England…

i thiink to be honest kate that that is there head office in the uk,the place in luton and neil may be able to confirm this is just a distribution centre.

jon

that brewery down in blandford which name escapes me.

Hall and Woodhouse. :sunglasses:

AlexxInNY:
Are you sure that Bass is from England?? I thought that all the Bass and Guiness sold in the stores here was brewed by Molson’s in Ontario.

Molsons and Bass merged a few years ago, I knew that but next time you are in a store, find some Bass and check the label Alex, it quite clearly states ‘Imported from Britain’ on some, others say ‘Brewed and bottled in England’ :slight_smile:

You big bunch of beer drinking wooses/ :laughing: .

:sunglasses: keep ya fizzy pee water… thats all lager is :wink:
Dave

jacko:
8) keep ya fizzy pee water… thats all lager is :wink:
Dave

I’m with you Jacko…I miss my John Smiths and Marstons Pedigee :cry:

Bully