Real Budweiser is in the UK at last

I like my red wine and whisky personally. Bully, do they have Alaskan Gold over their - just like a good nutty English bitter IMHO.

Q. Why is beer cold, and urine warm?

A. So Americans can tell the difference.

Vince

Vince:

Vince

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL

Bully

Vince:

Vince

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Kate Hasler:

Vince:

Vince

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Come on Kate…even my wife and brother in law liked that one and there both American :slight_smile:

Bully

OK… lets settle this beer vs lager thing once and for all… :laughing: :laughing:

Definition of beer

• Beverage made from grain where the starch has been converted sugar and subsequently fermented to alcohol + CO2 and heat by yeast
  • May contain other ingredients beside water, yeast and converted grain such as hops, herbs or fruit
  • Typically beers are in the 5-6% alcohol range

There are two types of beer

• Ale is made with top fermenting yeast and ferments at warmer temperatures more quickly
  • Lager is made with bottom fermenting yeast and is fermented more slowly at colder temperatures

Beer is just a general term that can apply to either ale or lager… so neither of us are wrong. And the best beer is only a matter of personal preference, just like anything else. Personally, I can’t stand the stuff…no matter how many times I’ve tried to acquire the taste, it just makes me gag, and must admit that Guinness was the worst… give me a smirnoff ice or a rum and coke any day… :wink: